Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 06-03-2011, 01:15 PM
Deactivated Account
Do they really work?

I'm very open minded but have to admit I'm a bit sceptical when it comes to dowsers.

I've tried asking mine several things on different days and it stays totally still. I always move it to a still point before asking it anything so I can be sure it's not me manipulating it. Also, I ask it what today's 'yes' and 'no' is before I start, and although it seems to move that isn't clear either.

I recently went on a course where the tutor had a dowser, but it was very obvious she was moving it with her hand. It wasn't just me who thought this because a few others said the same.

So my experience hasn't been good

Have others found different? Am I doing something wrong?
Old 06-03-2011, 01:21 PM
SerquetAsa

I don't know if it's that you're doing something wrong but that perhaps they just won't react to your energy.

I use them, and crystals all the time, and they react to me when I even look at them... but I know lots of people that can't channel their own energy correctly, or something along those lines (even to the point where they shouldn't know the answer) in order to receive an answer or even a bit of movement.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Administrator
A pendulem in my hands swings so fast i have only got to toutch it

dowsing tools the same, i think it depends on your energy

Namaste
Old 06-03-2011, 01:40 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
I'm very open minded but have to admit I'm a bit sceptical when it comes to dowsers.

I've tried asking mine several things on different days and it stays totally still. I always move it to a still point before asking it anything so I can be sure it's not me manipulating it. Also, I ask it what today's 'yes' and 'no' is before I start, and although it seems to move that isn't clear either.

I recently went on a course where the tutor had a dowser, but it was very obvious she was moving it with her hand. It wasn't just me who thought this because a few others said the same.

These devices supposedly "move" due to the Higher Self directing unconscious (and seemingly infinitesimal) movements of the hand or body that produce the "yes" and "no" answers. Some people try so hard not to influence the movement that they actually inhibit it. That could be what's happening when you try it and get little or no response. The person you referenced who was clearly moving it with her hand may or may not have been aware of doing so.

As I posted before, I tested the theory by taking my conscious mind out of the equation. I wrote questions on identical slips of paper that I already knew the answers to, then folded them so they looked identical (and so the questions could not be seen) and mixed them up. I then dowsed for a yes or no over each question, and in all three cases the answers were incorrect. The pendulum moves just fine for me, but the answers it produces more often than not inaccurate. This is also true of dowsing rods. Be very circumspect when you utilize these so-called tools for divination. It is quite easy to get inaccurate information, and perhaps the REAL message in all this is to simply go inward for answers and receive them in a direct and conscious way from you Higher Self rather than relying on a "tool" to do it for you
Old 06-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Deactivated Account
Thanks all :)

Sounds like it might be my energy then, or lack of it! I guess it's not a case of one thing fits all, but I'm okay with that.

To be honest I'm not relying on the dowser at all, I bought it recently out of curiousity. I'm much more interested in looking at my dreams, visions and other forms of inner guidance than I am in looking at a dowser, but I thought I'd try it as other people say they swear by them. I'm more than happy to leave this as it's clearly not for me.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Master
Here is an experiment to try - all I can say is that it works for me.Suspend your pendulum from a wire frame so that it is free to do what it wishes. It must be metal and it must be earthed.
Now, hold your hands on either side of the pendulum but not touching obviously - you will need to experiment to find the "best" distance apart for you. Then give the pendulum it's instructions - see what happens !
Since there is no contact whatsover, it can only be ?????? that moves the pendulum. Let me know.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:57 PM
SerquetAsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Here is an experiment to try - all I can say is that it works for me.Suspend your pendulum from a wire frame so that it is free to do what it wishes. It must be metal and it must be earthed.
Now, hold your hands on either side of the pendulum but not touching obviously - you will need to experiment to find the "best" distance apart for you. Then give the pendulum it's instructions - see what happens !
Since there is no contact whatsover, it can only be ?????? that moves the pendulum. Let me know.

Good idea!
I like this.
I've used it myself for kicks, but I never thought it could be used for those trying to get a reaction as well.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck

When you ask your question, whom do you ask?
Do you make a connection before you ask, and if to whom?
The pendulum is a tool, that helps you to express. You can do the same with your own hands or fingers, eye lids, or what ever moves, if you know how.
Rah nam
Old 10-03-2011, 01:42 PM
shifty123

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
The other day while doing a body scan on myself. I accidentally moved the hand that wasn't taking part in the scan near my pendi. The energy in the other hand caused the pendi to alternate the direction in which it was going.