Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 30-05-2012, 02:31 PM
Ludovico

felt a strange tightness in chest, please advise...

Hello guys and girls, I want to know what you think about this...

While I was meditating I finally remembered to be quiet and empty the mind instead of trying to "float around" or following shapes around and I think that made me progress a little bit because of the way I felt inside but one thing made me hesitate, thus stopping the situation. I felt a strange clutch in my chest the more I emptied my thoughts, can't really discern if it was heart or middle chest but it was tightening and uncomfortable... It would decrease once I lost focus but I would try again and the tightness would come back again.

Any tips on this? I thought maybe the chest chakra could be unbalanced or something but I'm not too knowledgeful on that department.
Old 30-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Master

You discovered an energetic block. You will start finding them in various parts of your body as you continue to meditate. It can feel like a discomfort or tightening like you describe. It can also feel like a heavy spot, a sharp pain or ache, or a muscle twitch or jerk.

You can simply continue to meditate and breath deeply. You can imagine the block dissolving. You can send light and love to the block. You can try any or all of those things. There are also other methods as well. There is nothing to be concerned about. It's good that you are sensing these things.
Old 30-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Ludovico

Thanks a lot. I'll have that in mind next time that happens, while having nothing in it at the same time :)
Old 30-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Deactivated Account
Sorry, but meditation should not cause pain or discomfort, please visit your GP for a check up.

Spiritual Inspiration

The forum for seekers everywhere...
Old 31-05-2012, 12:04 AM
Master
Ludovico... As in progress said, often in our opening in awareness and shifting in energies previously hidden tension comes to the surface.

Yes... breathe down in your belly and keep letting go in that area. If the tightness persists you may need to look more closely into fear or loss from the past with those you loved... and find ways to heal and release that.

Xan

Old 31-05-2012, 09:33 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy
Sorry, but meditation should not cause pain or discomfort, please visit your GP for a check up.
It's never a bad idea to be checked by a doctor but I have to disagree with your statement about meditation never causing discomfort or pain. It can cause discomfort if you feel a block. Resistance of any kind can cause discomfort, pain, or feeling the energy flows. You may have not experienced it but I have and I have felt blocks release during meditation along with the discomfort. It's really quite amazing.

I have also used meditation and visualization to remove discomfort from parts of my body.

I'll give you an example that surprised me. I was feeling a dull ache in the kidney area for a few months or more but as most of us do, I mostly ignored it. One day on a whim I decided to try a new meditation I'd heard. I asked the kidney area why it/I was hurting. I didn't get an answer (which I sometimes do) so I sent love and light to the area. I suddenly started crying and I had no idea why! I realized I had unblocked grief. I allowed myself to feel it and I stopped experiencing the dull ache in that area.
Old 31-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Deactivated Account

I have a very similar sensation when I just sit back with the intent to meditate. If I sit in the same way without the intent I usually dont feel it.

Though I feel it either side of my throat. It feels like something is stretching, or contracting. It is extremely annoying and makes me want to scrunch up my shoulders!
Old 31-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Ludovico

Quote:
I'm a healthy guy and it hasn't been too long ago I've been checked up and all seemed fine. It didn't feel like the physical sort of pain too.
Quote:
Yes... breathe down in your belly and keep letting go in that area. If the tightness persists you may need to look more closely into fear or loss from the past with those you loved... and find ways to heal and release that.
Will do Xan, thanks. I hope it isn't the latter case because it'd be a pain in the ***, though from this reaction something tells me it might be that hehe.
Quote:
I asked the kidney area why it/I was hurting. I didn't get an answer (which I sometimes do) so I sent love and light to the area. I suddenly started crying and I had no idea why!
Curious you say that because yesterday before even meditating I was thinking about my experience and the sole thought made me feel sad. I imagined myself in tears but it was just a thought.

Today I tried doing it again in the morning with some progress. With this in mind I tried focusing love or light towards it (wich is kinda hard, my focus isn't that great) but it either changed to my belly wth a different sort of clutching or the fact I was being surprised by this made me lose focus and fall back a little. So instead of thinking about love or light or anything else I just concentrated on nothing and endure the pain to see if it goes. It shifted a bit but it didn't go. I'll keep trying though.

Thanks for all the advises!
Old 31-05-2012, 11:54 PM
Rob.B

You could try doing some energy work, maybe 10-20 minutes a day for a few days, longer if you have the time/inclination. Start with the hands and feet, imagine a brushing feeling on each, and work up and through the legs and arms, then connecting to the major chakras, base upwards. I recommend Robert Bruces work, accessible and effective.
But honestly, chances are this will go away on its own with further meditation and/or energy work. You're doing things your energy body is not used to, it will take time to adjust. If it is really bothering you, try and make your focus more relaxed, less tense, this might help. Either way, may be best not to dwell on the issue. If things get worst not better, post here again!
Old 01-06-2012, 01:02 AM
Master
Ludovoco... Good work with the discomfort and emotion! Even with love and light knots don't always let go right away as there may be more aspects to them.

Accepting whatever shows up always lightens the work... and remembering that this is not in the way of your meditation development but an integral part of it.

Rob's suggestion is good, to do some energy release work every day. A simple and effective method I've used and recommend is MIR-Method -
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=29467

Xan