Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 06-05-2019, 10:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
So these people that you can understand that would prefer not to eat commercial meat. What do you suggest they do? I noticed you suggested on another thread "go out and shoot your own" or something like that. Most people don't have the means to be able to do this. Living in the inner city in a highrise flat/apartment with no transport for starters. I suppose a trip to the local park to shoot a squirrel or a duck on the pond might be an option But joking aside. It's just not feasible for most. You're in a fortunate position Lucky, which I'm sure you realise, as per your username.

If I was in the position of not being able to hunt my own....and I realize that's a problem for Europeans in general....I'd be very circumspect about what I bought and the farm it came from.....I'd be looking for naturally raised....no antibiotics....grass fed...etc.....and yes I know that costs more!!

And while I'm a firm believer that humans are meant to consume animal protein we don't really need that much.

There are people on this forum that think that since I hunt my own that practically all I eat is meat!

Not true! .....In fact if you saw my diet you'd think that I'm a "near vegetarian" who also happens to consume fish and small amounts of meat.

And yes....I am very lucky in so many ways and I know it!!!!

You know, your comment about ducks at the park made me think.....you know....wild meat is everywhere....if you know how to get it!

You can even make money while doing it! I'll give you and example.

About a year ago my grandson Nick found out that a couple of restaurants across the laguna from where we live (I live on the coast) had serious problems with wild pigeons on and under there roofs and and the city health department requires them to keep them under control and that the pest and remediation companies were charging them about $1800 per month to come out and trap them once a month.

Nick (who's very entrepreneurial like me) told the owner he'd come twice a month instead of just once per month and get rid of his pigeons for $1000 per month.

Short story is the owner said what a deal and agreed to that....so now every two weeks Nick takes his little boat across the laguna.... whacks every pigeon in sight with his slingshot....we keep a few for ourselves and the rest get donated to the local homeless shelters....and we are talking about often a few hundred pigeons per month!

It's actually getting a bit out of hand because Nick's picked up two other restaurants that the owner of the first one referred to Nick and I have a not quite 12 year old making about $3500 a month with his pigeon remediation business!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 07-05-2019, 06:23 AM
Master
the reality is that murdering things and eating their dead carcasses is what doesn't make sense.. and the facts of what it does to the human body and being speak for themselves.. even cooking food doesn't make sense when it comes down to it.. whether or not we can sustain ourselves on either doesn't mean that it is ideal or not causing harm or relaying levels of unconsciousness on the consumer of the dead and destroyed "food"..

It is true that a lot of people get it wrong when transitioning their diet and don't have faith in nature or the way God made food for us to eat perfect the way it is, do they cave and revert to what society taught them to believe. It takes a lot of truly healthful eating (and likely herbs or other natural assistance as well as lifestyle choices of course) to reverse the toxic conditions that subpar diets bestowed upon us so it is not a wonder that most give up and go back to eating the dead things that deaden the arising sensitivity and reversal of consequences of the toxic diet.

one example is that eating dead animals basically artificially raises the adrenaline in the person that eats it, which makes one think they have surplus energy, when in reality eating dead meat taxes the body and lymphatic system, damaging the kidneys and adrenal glands, etc.. so it's artificial stimulation similar to coffee or something with caffeine, or cocaine, or whatever drug you want to pick.. as poisonous as those alkaloid family of plants which become drugs are, at least consuming them doesn't involve brutally murdering a living animal, and we are spiritual beings lest we forget so we may just have to use our imaginations to understand what a toll eating "meat" takes on various levels.
cooked foods whether they are animal or plant are not healthy, because they are dead.. they are no longer a source of negative ions, which are life-affirming, and instead have become a source of positive ions, which in this sense are the bad ones that are life destroying. almost everything alive gives off negative ions.. things that are dead or even hurt start giving off positive ions. negative ions are akin to free electrons and positive ions are what most have heard called free radicals. it's not exactly that simple, but close enough for the purpose of this explanation. that's not to mention the alkaline/acid debate and how cooked things become acidifying.. Humans can be a great source of negative ions, but the less life we give ourselves the less we can be. When we eat raw food that is still alive, those negative ions benefit our bodies.. the positive ions cause havoc. So how could eating anything that has been destroyed be good for us? vitamins schmitamins.. if they're dead adulterated versions how much good can they do? Humans do make use of whatever they can, but they also have to deal with the unwanted things and that is where the lymphatic system comes in, and that is where the lymphatic system ends up failing if it's repeatedly bombarded and assaulted with things that are more bad than good for it.. and that is the root of pretty much all diseases and disorders.

There are so many points against eating murdered animals (or innocently deceased animals but who wants to eat those right?) I realize this is like beating a dead horse here.. but I just want to point out the reality of how absurd it is for anybody to keep trying to argue in favor of eating dead animal cadavers. there's also the matter of how the complex protein structure needs to be broken down into individual amino acids by the body before it can even think of utilizing them in any sense.. this is a lot of extra work for the body, and that's in addition to the other work involved in breaking down rotten creature tissue and anything else that comes with it. well I could go on but there's plenty of research about how sickening eating dead stuff is for all interested in the truth and their own wellbeing

I gotta say that is amazing about your grandson making so much money!! sad way to do it but pretty cool story. That's good you eat a lot of plant food and I like your new government quote in your signature Lucky1
Old 07-05-2019, 06:43 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
the reality is that murdering things and eating their dead carcasses is what doesn't make sense.. and the facts of what it does to the human body and being speak for themselves.. even cooking food doesn't make sense when it comes down to it.. whether or not we can sustain ourselves on either doesn't mean that it is ideal or not causing harm or relaying levels of unconsciousness on the consumer of the dead and destroyed "food"..

It is true that a lot of people get it wrong when transitioning their diet and don't have faith in nature or the way God made food for us to eat perfect the way it is, do they cave and revert to what society taught them to believe. It takes a lot of truly healthful eating (and likely herbs or other natural assistance as well as lifestyle choices of course) to reverse the toxic conditions that subpar diets bestowed upon us so it is not a wonder that most give up and go back to eating the dead things that deaden the arising sensitivity and reversal of consequences of the toxic diet.

one example is that eating dead animals basically artificially raises the adrenaline in the person that eats it, which makes one think they have surplus energy, when in reality eating dead meat taxes the body and lymphatic system, damaging the kidneys and adrenal glands, etc.. so it's artificial stimulation similar to coffee or something with caffeine, or cocaine, or whatever drug you want to pick.. as poisonous as those alkaloid family of plants which become drugs are, at least consuming them doesn't involve brutally murdering a living animal, and we are spiritual beings lest we forget so we may just have to use our imaginations to understand what a toll eating "meat" takes on various levels.
cooked foods whether they are animal or plant are not healthy, because they are dead.. they are no longer a source of negative ions, which are life-affirming, and instead have become a source of positive ions, which in this sense are the bad ones that are life destroying. almost everything alive gives off negative ions.. things that are dead or even hurt start giving off positive ions. negative ions are akin to free electrons and positive ions are what most have heard called free radicals. it's not exactly that simple, but close enough for the purpose of this explanation. that's not to mention the alkaline/acid debate and how cooked things become acidifying.. Humans can be a great source of negative ions, but the less life we give ourselves the less we can be. When we eat raw food that is still alive, those negative ions benefit our bodies.. the positive ions cause havoc. So how could eating anything that has been destroyed be good for us? vitamins schmitamins.. if they're dead adulterated versions how much good can they do? Humans do make use of whatever they can, but they also have to deal with the unwanted things and that is where the lymphatic system comes in, and that is where the lymphatic system ends up failing if it's repeatedly bombarded and assaulted with things that are more bad than good for it.. and that is the root of pretty much all diseases and disorders.

There are so many points against eating murdered animals (or innocently deceased animals but who wants to eat those right?) I realize this is like beating a dead horse here.. but I just want to point out the reality of how absurd it is for anybody to keep trying to argue in favor of eating dead animal cadavers. there's also the matter of how the complex protein structure needs to be broken down into individual amino acids by the body before it can even think of utilizing them in any sense.. this is a lot of extra work for the body, and that's in addition to the other work involved in breaking down rotten creature tissue and anything else that comes with it. well I could go on but there's plenty of research about how sickening eating dead stuff is for all interested in the truth and their own wellbeing

I gotta say that is amazing about your grandson making so much money!! sad way to do it but pretty cool story. That's good you eat a lot of plant food and I like your new government quote in your signature Lucky1

Please don't spread unscientific drivel as fact. Normally I wouldn't care, but there's so many falsehoods in what you just wrote, that it may cause genuine harm, especially amongst the more impressionable and those with a lack of basic scientific understanding. This is just Vegan propaganda, pure and simple and any high-school biology textbook can easily refute it.
Old 07-05-2019, 07:01 AM
Master
I wouldn't cite a government funded high school biology textbook as the greatest source of factual information, but in there you will probably hopefully see that it is simple truth that the body must break down proteins into individual amino acids before it can even begin to use them. I don't trust that you have done much in-depth research on the facts in question and you're just repeating what the government and your parents and school and society told you to believe and not think about... I don't appreciate your unfounded attack on my post but you're welcome to attempt to back up what you're insinuating point by point if you're capable.. What I've said is the truth whether it jives with what you grew up believing or not.. I grew up believing the same b s that you did I imagine, but I decided to dig for the truth and thankfully I found a lot of it.. you have no reason to discount what I say and accuse me as you have so rudely. it's not vegan propaganda though your use of that phrase is very telling.. this is information based on deep realistic science and common sense, neither of which the government would allow concentrated in high school textbooks.. but some of the facts are simple, like parts of the human digestion process and how difficult or easy it is to digest certain foods and how the lymphatic system handles what isn't assimilated through basic digestion. tell me what you know about it NoOne
Old 07-05-2019, 07:20 AM
Master

Quote:
I wouldn't cite a government funded high school biology textbook as the greatest source of factual information, but in there you will probably hopefully see that it is simple truth that the body must break down proteins into individual amino acids before it can even begin to use them. I don't trust that you have done much in-depth research on the facts in question and you're just repeating what the government and your parents and school and society told you to believe and not think about... I don't appreciate your unfounded attack on my post but you're welcome to attempt to back up what you're insinuating point by point if you're capable.. What I've said is the truth whether it jives with what you grew up believing or not.. I grew up believing the same b s that you did I imagine, but I decided to dig for the truth and thankfully I found a lot of it.. you have no reason to discount what I say and accuse me as you have so rudely. it's not vegan propaganda though your use of that phrase is very telling.. this is information based on deep realistic science and common sense, neither of which the government would allow concentrated in high school textbooks.. but some of the facts are simple, like parts of the human digestion process and how difficult or easy it is to digest certain foods and how the lymphatic system handles what isn't assimilated through basic digestion. tell me what you know about it NoOne

It's not an unfounded attack, rather it is based on empirical evidence, as opposed to what you are promoting. I really don't feel it is my job to re-educate people in basic empirical facts. As I said, I normally don't care if people espouse unscientific views, but it becomes my problem when it might cause genuine harm, like in this case. If I got your drift, you are promoting a raw vegan diet, which is the worst kind a human can have and is genuinely dangerous. People have died or suffered horribly because they were forced to eat a raw vegan diet, children in particular. People have gone to jail over forcing this on their kids and killing them in the process, so you'd better get off your high horse. I will always speak out forcefully against propaganda that causes genuine harm. I am equally scathing about the anti-vaccine movement for the same reason, if you want to go there.
Old 07-05-2019, 11:16 PM
Master
omg you're against people being against people being injected with dead and dying creepy parasites and microbes and aluminum and mercury and fetuses and oh my... what else is in there?
I'm sorry that is just sad and I can't be surprised then that you are attacking my post about eating pure food and are unwilling to engage in an actual discussion about biology and other scientific stuff you're claiming to want to uphold.. mainstream science is brainwashing, not actual science. what I say is based on facts and conscious contemplation, which some might call common sense. If you don't have any actual points except to repeat what blanket statement baseless criticisms your doctor or government or teacher told you well that says everything. it's not like I didn't once believe all the b s you believe still... but it's important to seek the deeper truths and reality.. I'm really sorry you're not interested in that but if you ever are I will probably be around to have an actual discussion about the facts.. honestly it makes me really sad that even on this forum people are still victims of the government funded wave of unconsciousness and indifference
Old 08-05-2019, 02:03 AM
Suspended
Smallpox can be prevented by the smallpox vaccine.

In the past :
nearly 90 million Native Americans died.
400,000 Europeans per year at the end of the 18th century died.
most recently in the late 1960s, two million people died in countries all over the globe.

Currently, the smallpox vaccine is not available to the general public because smallpox has been eradicated, and the virus no longer exists in nature.
Old 08-05-2019, 02:21 AM
Suspended
According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, meat is a significant cause of foodborne illness.
Every year in the U.S. alone, food poisoning sickens more than 48 million people and kills more than 3,000.

Because of this, we must cook meat to make it easier to digest and to destroy bacteria.
Old 08-05-2019, 06:42 AM
Master

Quote:
omg you're against people being against people being injected with dead and dying creepy parasites and microbes and aluminum and mercury and fetuses and oh my... what else is in there?
I'm sorry that is just sad and I can't be surprised then that you are attacking my post about eating pure food and are unwilling to engage in an actual discussion about biology and other scientific stuff you're claiming to want to uphold.. mainstream science is brainwashing, not actual science. what I say is based on facts and conscious contemplation, which some might call common sense. If you don't have any actual points except to repeat what blanket statement baseless criticisms your doctor or government or teacher told you well that says everything. it's not like I didn't once believe all the b s you believe still... but it's important to seek the deeper truths and reality.. I'm really sorry you're not interested in that but if you ever are I will probably be around to have an actual discussion about the facts.. honestly it makes me really sad that even on this forum people are still victims of the government funded wave of unconsciousness and indifference

Well, that settles it then. There is no room for debate, when one side lacks a basic understanding of the other side's arguments. That would be you by the way. I'm sure you're a very nice person, but apparently you went through the US education system and have not been taught the basic facts of biology. Not your fault really, but it's not something I can remedy in a couple of forum posts, even though I am a teacher by training.

I am well aware of your side's arguments by the way, on both issues we mentioned here and it doesn't stand up to even the most basic scientific scrutiny. And that is the only kind that really matters, because when you get on a plane or have a life-saving operation, you put your life in the hands of actual scientists and experts and not pseudo-scientific hacks like the ones behind the vegan or anti-vaxxer movements.

That is not to say that science is always right of course, I am a big fan of Rupert Sheldrake for instance, who questions some of the most basic facts of science, and that is what scientists should always do, challenge the status quo and push the boundaries of our understanding ever further. I am a big fan of spirituality, but if you don't have a common empirical framework that we can all agree on, it becomes unhinged and even dangerous as we can see with the constant church vs science struggle, which science keeps winning.
Old 08-05-2019, 08:33 AM
Master
All this is a very interesting discussion but if you really think about it before modern medicine the typical life span of a human was only 36 years old. People with disorders were typically left to die. You know any diabetics? Without there medicine they would die. Know anyone illergic to bee stings? Without that medicine there life is at risk everyday. But hey, if you don't vaccinate maybe that would take care of the world's population problem. Then we wouldn't have to worry about over use and clearing new land to feed the population regardless of what we choose to eat. But like most people I'll choose to be as healthy as I can be so I can live my short life to the fullest.