Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 05-05-2017, 03:46 AM
Master

Peace.

A pilgrim travelled to the temple and stood before Shiva. The warden came and said "It is our tradition not to point out feet towards Shiva". The pilgrim replied "Certainly Sir, if you will point to where Shiva is not".

From a non-dual perspective there is no peace until everything is included as Oneness manifesting, particularly the things we dont like and find unacceptable.

So although a resonance with All is One may have occurred, everything may not have been included. A clue is when you notice yourself thinking, and maybe even saying, that this or that needs to be overcome for peace to be achieved.

Last edited by Iamit : 05-05-2017 at 04:00 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-05-2017, 04:44 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
From a non-dual perspective there is no peace until everything is included as Oneness manifesting, particularly the things we dont like and find unacceptable.
That is a an expression of a rational analytical perspective (which may be based on wrong thinking), so 'From a non-dual perspective' is inappropriate.

What means 'peace'? Is it 'peace of mind' meaning 'being content and relaxed'? If so there are many people not adhering to your system of beliefs who are 'content and relaxed' independent of your concept of 'oneness'.
Quote:
So although a resonance with All is One may have occurred, everything may not have been included. A clue is when you notice yourself thinking, and maybe even saying, that this or that needs to be overcome for peace to be achieved.
Well that's tricky because your doctrine quoted above may easily be understood as an exhortation to achieve or overcome due to 'there is no ... until ..., particularly the things we dont like and find unacceptable.'
Old 06-05-2017, 04:05 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground
That is a an expression of a rational analytical perspective (which may be based on wrong thinking), so 'From a non-dual perspective' is inappropriate.

What means 'peace'? Is it 'peace of mind' meaning 'being content and relaxed'? If so there are many people not adhering to your system of beliefs who are 'content and relaxed' independent of your concept of 'oneness'.

Well that's tricky because your doctrine quoted above may easily be understood as an exhortation to achieve or overcome due to 'there is no ... until ..., particularly the things we dont like and find unacceptable.'
l
What is meant by peace is the peace of no longer feeling disconnected and the peace of feeling totally connected to all. The latter cannot happen until all is included as Oneness manifest.

The problem given to the mind to solve is the suffering of feeling disconnected. The nondual solution is that nothing needs to change for connection because Oneness is already you feeling disconnected!:).

However what also arises as a consequence is that you are therefore One with all there is! This challenges previously held views that one has found aspects of the manifestation unacceptable such as suffering and Hitler. Until all that stuff is included as Oneness manifest the initial resonance with All is One is not consolidated. This consolidation is not required for connection purposes because its already Oneness feeling that, so there is never an exortation to achieve anything for connection purposes
Old 06-05-2017, 04:18 AM
Master

I feel like there are a lot of good descriptions of things out there, however, if I try to act on one in order to manifest the results people put barriers in the way. Personally, I think the system is rigged with pretty descriptions of things so that I will be happy to try to act on them in an effort to get things people seem to want to tell me I should like, but that people are just not going to let me have. It is very aggravating.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:28 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
I feel like there are a lot of good descriptions of things out there, however, if I try to act on one in order to manifest the results people put barriers in the way. Personally, I think the system is rigged with pretty descriptions of things so that I will be happy to try to act on them in an effort to get things people seem to want to tell me I should like, but that people are just not going to let me have. It is very aggravating.

One size does not seem to fit all.

Maybe the mind will find a size that fits your character. There are lots on offer. What seems the most promising so far?
Old 06-05-2017, 05:29 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
l
What is meant by peace is the peace of no longer feeling disconnected and the peace of feeling totally connected to all. The latter cannot happen until all is included as Oneness manifest.

The problem given to the mind to solve is the suffering of feeling disconnected. The nondual solution is that nothing needs to change for connection because Oneness is already you feeling disconnected!:).

However what also arises as a consequence is that you are therefore One with all there is! This challenges previously held views that one has found aspects of the manifestation unacceptable such as suffering and Hitler. Until all that stuff is included as Oneness manifest the initial resonance with All is One is not consolidated. This consolidation is not required for connection purposes because its already Oneness feeling that, so there is never an exortation to achieve anything for connection purposes
I do not perceive 'Feeling disconnected' being negative nor do I perceive 'feeling totally connected to all' being positive.

your view is similar to buddhist view in that there is the claim of one phenomenon being utterly negative. Buddhists call it 'suffering', you call it 'Feeling disconnected'. But what buddhists call 'suffering' isn't appropriately called suffering because it isn't necessarily negative and what you call 'Feeling disconnected' isn't necessarily negative either.

Be that as it may I think your view is just an appeal to believe in what you call 'oneness' and referring to yourself it is a kind of auto-suggestion.

From my perspective - and here I am close to buddhism - feeling as such is the issue and 'feeling' here is the emotionality of liking or disliking. So it is one's emotional response towards phenomena that causes unease or emotional turmoil and therefore the contrary to peace [of mind].
In this context a kind of disconnection which then is called 'detachment' is not negative but conducive to peace.

So the fact that you are saying 'feeling disconnected' may hint at the actual issue which is just feeling as disliking.
And the fact that you are saying 'feeling totally connected to all' may hint at the actual issue which is just feeling as liking.
Feelings come and go and are utterly transient. If you are after certain feelings but reject other feelings that is an issue.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:28 AM
Master

Quote:
One size does not seem to fit all.

Maybe the mind will find a size that fits your character. There are lots on offer. What seems the most promising so far?

from what I've seen people doing with all this, I'm not sure if I even want to partake... I probably will though eventually
Old 07-05-2017, 05:55 PM
Master

Quote:
from what I've seen people doing with all this, I'm not sure if I even want to partake... I probably will though eventually

What have you seen that is most unacceptable to you in the context you are talking about?
Old 07-05-2017, 10:26 PM
Master

Quote:
What have you seen that is most unacceptable to you in the context you are talking about?

it is like putting my hand in the fire, and everyone tells me that is a good thing to do, but to me it burns.
Old 08-05-2017, 07:48 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
it is like putting my hand in the fire, and everyone tells me that is a good thing to do, but to me it burns.
you can be certain that you "know" better than everybody else. Actually everyone "knows" better than everybody else but most do not "know" the way how they "know" better. The objects depending on conceptuality can be very misleading and can cause (but not necessarily do cause) straying from that certainty.