Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 10-02-2017, 06:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich
cool!
Please say more about your self.

I don't have a self Jim
I have tried to find it many time but it's not there.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Baile, please say more.........
I can only relate my own experience. And also share what some esoteric teachings say, which isn't my experience, but often makes some degree of sense to me.

I have had two metaphysical experiences of a voice speaking to me, and directing me, and instructing me. Some would call it a guide. Some would call it an angel. I call it my higher self, based on my understanding, and what I've read over the years. As I understand it, this higher self exists in the plane of spirit, which I imagine as a non-material parallel plane to our physical plane.

And supposedly there is also a shadow self that exists on the astral plane, another parallel plane to ours. You know that cartoon depiction of the angel on one shoulder, the devil on the other, whispering in our ear? Like that, only real.

The difference between the two though is the higher self is quite real. It is as real and substantial in the spirit plane, as the physical self is real in the material plane. Whereas the shadow self is more a phantom than a reality. It is a creation of the Self, and therefore can be overcome by the Self. But it is real in that it wields power and influence over the individual, in the same way one can be addicted and unable to break free.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:26 PM
Deactivated Account
Angel1 the mundane self

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I don't have a self Jim
I have tried to find it many time but it's not there.
I assume that you mean a "mundane self" or a non-existent 'self entity' or whatever this 'me' is called. It seems that semantics is always the problem but, with a little fine tuning, it may be possible to have a clearer communication.
I have or am a "self" or "me" but am not currently clear on what to call it/this. Most of the new Leaders/Teachers say it's indescribable and I agree - so far.
I have to say that your True Self post [http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh....php?t=104086] is quite interesting and informative.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:38 PM
Deactivated Account
Smile the Absolute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I can only relate my own experience. And also share what some esoteric teachings say, which isn't my experience, but often makes some degree of sense to me.

I have had two metaphysical experiences of a voice speaking to me, and directing me, and instructing me. Some would call it a guide. Some would call it an angel. I call it my higher self, based on my understanding, and what I've read over the years. As I understand it, this higher self exists in the plane of spirit, which I imagine as a non-material parallel plane to our physical plane.

And supposedly there is also a shadow self that exists on the astral plane, another parallel plane to ours. You know that cartoon depiction of the angel on one shoulder, the devil on the other, whispering in our ear? Like that, only real.

The difference between the two though is the higher self is quite real. It is as real and substantial in the spirit plane, as the physical self is real in the material plane. Whereas the shadow self is more a phantom than a reality. It is a creation of the Self, and therefore can be overcome by the Self. But it is real in that it wields power and influence over the individual, in the same way one can be addicted and unable to break free.

Baile, please check out this woman's concepts about how things work (for her). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyR5CQNbqUI
I experience what she is saying: ...That there is only ONE= energy, self, me, it, reality, being, thing, etc. or the Absolute and the Absolute, in the various uncountable forms and states that it projects or manifests, is doing and being all that there is, including: Higher self's, spirits, shadow beings, planes of existence, I, you, we, them, that, this, those, it, angels, guides and on and on in the Absolute's amazing, mysterious and unexplainable Life Play or Creation. I also call the Absolute: 'Source' or 'Nothing'.... and on and on............
Old 10-02-2017, 07:51 PM
Master
Quote:
I assume that you mean a "mundane self" or a non-existent 'self entity' or whatever this 'me' is called. It seems that semantics is always the problem but, with a little fine tuning, it may be possible to have a clearer communication.
I have or am a "self" or "me" but am not currently clear on what to call it/this. Most of the new Leaders/Teachers say it's indescribable and I agree - so far.
I have to say that your True Self post [http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh....php?t=104086] is quite interesting and informative.

Glad you enjoyed the post in the Buddhist thread. If you read the Buddha's teachings on 'Anatta ' you might understand why I said I can't find a self
Old 10-02-2017, 10:47 PM
Deactivated Account
Angel1 too much informationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Glad you enjoyed the post in the Buddhist thread. If you read the Buddha's teachings on 'Anatta ' you might understand why I said I can't find a self
OK,I've searched google and all over this forum for the term: anatta and have seen a lot of heady, intellectual and DEEP commentaries about it such as:
Quote:
Anatta, ( Pali: “non-self” or “substanceless”) Sanskrit anatman , in Buddhism, the doctrine that there is in humans no permanent, underlying substance that can be called the soul. Instead, the individual is compounded of five factors (Pali khandha; Sanskrit skandha) that are constantly changing.
Quote:
Anatta
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In Buddhism, the term anattā (Pali) or anātman (Sanskrit) refers to the doctrine of "non-self", that there is no unchanging, permanent soul in living beings.[1][2] It is one of the seven beneficial perceptions in Buddhism,[3] and along with Dukkha (suffering) and Anicca (impermanence), it is one of three Right Understandings about the three marks of existence.[1][4]
The Buddhist concept of Anattā or Anātman is one of the fundamental differences between Buddhism and Hinduism, with the latter asserting that Atman (self, soul) exists.[5][6]

Quote:
kingfisher: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...#post1507 071 .... Which seems to suggest a difference between "selflessness" ( a moral concept? ) and the Buddhist "anatta" ( not-self ) As I understand "anatta", it means that there is no self and never has been ( and NOT that a "self" must be eliminated or diminished in any way ) Yet, here we are, suffering.
Quote:
sky My understanding of Anatta is Not-self. What we think of as a self is not our true self which Buddha taught.

Ramana often warned his followers about getting lost in intellectual traps and swamps regarding Advaita and non-duality and most modern spokespersons say the same thing about getting lost in the quicksands of intellectual mud wrestling over scriptures and teachings so my take on anatta is that it is saying what non-duality says: that there is no SEPARATE or INDIVIDUAL self or 'me' and that there's only ONE me/self/I, etc. (not two) and that all there is is infinite, ineffable _________ (fill in the blank). John Wheeler constantly says, "Keep it simple - you are Present Awareness where there is no individual 'me'/ego." Jim Newman says, "You cannot be described but there simply is NO individual anywhere."
This is not to argue with or dismiss Anatta. Just my current take on the topic which I will continue to study as it apples to this (my) life.
Old 11-02-2017, 12:23 AM
Suspended
I just have some information of the secret of human true self. When we say, our bodies is only one, that means non-duality or no soul or spirit.

Now the problem is coming from human that can't see|feel them. Even Buddha can't see them when he's a human. What he can see is his inner playground, the astral playground. If someone can use his third eyesight viewing from outside then the story will be different. That's a different story from everyone in this world outlook of human being.

I saw my soul coming out while I was sitting and my soul was standing up naked so I pinched the skin, I felt pain at the same place of my body with my soul. That's I did for him but I was also felt pain as well.

My spirit-god has seen by one of our SF member and I've written in my own thread. And my Cupidsons have seen by more than five human .......

I've my two spirits becoming Gods and they all staying outside of me. One is in Christian heaven and the other one is in the small paradise in the sky. My second spirit is staying outside of my body for more than a month now and I'm still alive.

Actually, with my current dharma techniques I can create as many spirit as I wanted that may up to hundreds of me. So the former understand may not so good as the world spiritual reality is about. I like to tell the truth or new or real ideas to others. But it may also disturb you people's discussion here. I apologize for it.
Old 17-02-2017, 08:35 PM
Deactivated Account
What I love the most about non-duality is how it attempts to solve the basic conflict of me vs. you.
At the beginning of this life, I didn't really know that there was a different or threatening you out there but I was very quickly taught or trained to feel myself as separate from and in many was HURT BY these "others" (impatient mom, resentful brother, harsh dad) so I quickly realized that there were at least two (even if I did not know about math) significant "things" here - me and a DANGEROUS other me or you. Oh, there were times when the other me/you was actually pleasant, fun, funny, loving, warm, kind, enjoyable, acceptable and GOOD but there were a lot of not so good times throughout my "formative" years when I slowly learned the difference between this me and all the other me's or you's out there.
I was taught to call one of them "mommy", another I called "daddy" and another one (my resentful, abusive brother) was called "Dave" or a MONSTER (in my young mind). At the beginning, I loved them all very much and had no reason to resent, fear or hate them as my older brother hated and punished me for RUINING his life by invading their home.
Well, the story of how I acquired a very damaged ego is quite long and complicated but it can be summed up as I was systematically conditioned to take myself as a bad and unwanted "thing" or pest from day one and slowly or quickly infected with the Toxic Shame that my parents and older brother were already carrying when I arrived.
Since I was the 2nd child, I just went along with whatever my "Superiors" were saying about me and doing to me so I did not stand up to their Shaming nor defend myself from their meanness and Shame-based abuses. I innocently took it all in and became just as Shame-based as the BIG THREE.
After a while, I developed into a Split self - a false, Shame-based, egoic me, who took center stage in our sick family and a Real me, who retired into the background of our family life and only appeared on rare occasions whenever it was safe to come out. I never noticed that there were two me's in my life from about age 3 and up. I now wonder if the "not-two" concept in Advaita, was meant to describe how humans are conditioned to become Split or Divided, in early childhood, so that we live as two selves - a false, dominant ego plus a Real non dominant self with the false ego doing most of what people do.
I don't see this Spit or duality in animals unless they live with humans who condition their animals to have distorted egos along with their Real and natural selves. I once had some pets that were like that - Spit into egoic vs. Real selves. It's bad enough for humans to live as egoic selves along with hidden Real selves but sickening when it happens to innocent animals.
So, for me, the blessing of Advaita or non-duality is simply to see how I was split into two basic me's - a false ego out front and a Real me hiding in the background and then be given an opportunity to heal that Split or Division to become a whole and complete person/being again.
I am currently not sure how this "healing" of the Split or Division into two me's can or will occur but there have been times when a Real me came forward while the false me stepped aside or ran away in terror, only to return shortly afterward and take over again. I've often wondered why the Real me is not able or willing to STAY up front and hold the false me down or totally eliminate it so maybe that's the next step to becoming truly whole and complete again. Not two. Just one. The few times that "no-egoity" happened, I felt such joy, relief, happiness, ecstasy, wonder, fulfillment, etc. Maybe there is a way to just live in Peace and Oneness from now on! God I hope so! I'm sick of being two me's - a fake one and a real one - it's such a struggle!
Old 17-02-2017, 10:37 PM
Newbie ;)

Talking One Mind Eternal

The Christ Mind or One Mind Eternal sees beyond the illusions of the ego, and hears only the Voice of the Holy Spirit. The ego is deceptive because it is man made so each individual's ego knows everything about that individual.The ego seeks to drag us all through hell in the name of God. While God loves us all unconditionally and sees us all as innocent children. The Christ Mind governed by the Holy Spirit is our Friend that helps us see beyond illusions through the power of forgiveness, and leads us back to Heaven.

Love, Bob
Old 18-02-2017, 01:54 AM
Deactivated Account
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
There is not even one .

'One' is a mind evaluation made by me and you ..

Beyond me and you is not 'One' .

Non duality is a concept that is dual in nature .

x daz x
Actually, there is NOTHING but that's difficult to articulate so sages did the best they could to speak of the ineffable. Hmmmmm.........
They knew folks would argue about the ineffable forever