Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 04-11-2011, 03:21 AM
Ascender

Ariel, that was a very thoughtful post! Definitely a lot to think about even though I don't agree with a lot of what you stated.
Isn't the idea of working on your heart chakra just a concept as well, just like the TF is a concept in your opinion?
I also don't agree that people who talk about this TF concept are looking for the easy way out. I actually have a huge smile on my face just thinking about this since it's so far from my personal truth! My life was 1000times easier before I met my TF and things just got more complicated once I met him. I certainly would have just dropped him all together if I was looking for the easy way out.
I don't depend on my TF either. He has definitely enriched my life but I don't depend on him and know that I can be happy just on my own as well. I do connect to the inner silence quite often, even though I admit that I go through ups and downs when it's easier or harder to listen to my higher self and my heart. Before I came to this forum, I had never heard of the term TF before, and I don't really care what anyone calls it and whether anyone thinks of it as a concept or not. To me it' just a label, it could be called dog or cat for all that I care lol I know what's true in my life, and that's all that matters to me. I also know I have a lot in common with the people who post under this subcategory, and that in itself is a blessing. I am not viewing my experience any different now that I have read about the TF concept. The only thing it has added to my understanding is that there are other people in this world who have experienced very similar connections with people. There really is no need for me to rationalize the situation since it just IS. Sure, I think about it and ask questions, but I do that about other life situations as well. And love is a very intense feeling, so that's probably why these connections are so much more alive and active in our lives than other things.
I also have a different experience when it comes to the true nature of things which you said brings only pain and misunderstandings. Again, I think this is a concept you are following, but it doesn't mean this has to be everyone's truth. My truth is filled with love and understanding, the complete opposite of what you stated.
I personally have learned a lot from reading books, stories, novels, even though meeting my TF has taught me more about life than any book ever could have. Still, I would not want to miss all the books and articles I have read over the years since they have contributed to a better understanding of the world and the people around me.
You raise a few good points, but I can't agree with you on all of them.

Last edited by Quest : 04-11-2011 at 04:44 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:51 PM
wetherspoonred

Ariel4, just wondering where your information comes from. l agree that with a lot of the New Agey stuff it's more likely to be coming from lower planes - etheric, astral but also mental as well. The Truth planes are usually beyond the mental levels. The God-Planes [as in gods/goddesses] are called over-mental and the Divine plane are called Supramental.
l believe a lot of false info comes from beings [with their own agenda] within these lower regions. They also try very hard to stop twinsouls coming together.
l'll quote Sri Aurobindo [famous yogi] on this, because l believe his knowledge is from the highest source-

Q/ How do you know when you meet the right psychic mate? [with Sri Aurobindo 'psychic' refers to the evolutionary soul that grows between lives].[Also, SHAKTI mentioned in the text refers to the Other Half as in Shiva/Shakti - the female aspect of the twinsoul relationship].

A/ "How do you know a spiritual experience? How do you know when you have the right leader? It is all a matter of feeling and inner perception. It is an art and not a science. When she walks into your life you will know her right enough. As I have told you again and again, no rigid and hard and fast rule is possible in things like this. Union with woman is right in one case and perhaps wrong in other 99 cases. In that one case again without his Shakti the man's progress will be very slow and he may even go wrong. In the other 99 cases contact with woman itself may prove an obstacle. There are so many hostile powers working against the right union of complementary souls that very often, you can seldom meet your right mate. Of course I am talking of the path and not of the goal. When you reach the highest you will have to see whether you can get your Shakti. Without a Shakti you can yourself be perfect, in the sense that you can attain full knowledge, power and Ananda and change your entire organised being into its divine nature, but when you want to throw your powers on the world for creation, it is different. Take my instance. It may so happen that I reach the highest all alone, my Shakti falling in the way. Then I cannot create without her. I can by my highest siddhi only prepare the way for others to follow and accomplish the rest in the future. It is not only the dark forces who obstruct and make it impossible for the twin souls to meet, but even when they actually meet their life may get wrecked owing to mental and vital impediments. It is only when the psychic or the spiritual part is predominant in both, the two can really fulfil one another and progress higher and higher. The hostile powers working against the siddhi of yogis are difficult to conquer. Ordinarily we are in complete darkness or ignorance with only flashes of knowledge now and then, even when the sadhaka has risen into a continual glow of knowledge and can discern the play of all the dark forces, he is not exempt from attack. Only when he reaches full illumination and is in serene and revealed knowledge he is beyond them and safe."