Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 26-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Guide
Can soulmate and twin flame be different persons?

I ask because I feel a strong spiritual connection to my "twin flame", but he is 48 and I am 26 so it isn't exactly a "love" relationship... there is a great bond between us but it is pure, untainted LOVE (don't know how to explain this)...

I have lost my "soulmate" a few years ago and am looking for love again, a partner to share my life with... but I know that however deep a love relationship to anyone will get it will never quite come close to what I feel with that man of 48!

So I ask, can I have a soulmate around my age and still have a twin who is 48?
helpless against my immortality."

From "Savitri" by Sri Aurobindo
(The Book of Fate)
Old 26-10-2011, 08:06 PM
soul whisperer

O Kiran, I share the same age difference with my sc (or tf) too! I know just where you're coming from....so hard to swallow....this is the most difficult issue I believe to deal with...
our love, our connection, our bond is like no other I've ever known. I never knew myself before meeting him (in this lifetime). It IS pure, it IS untainted, like you say....very hard to describe....I feel so intensely connected to him....and no, nothing, I believe, will ever come close to what i feel for him.....
and you know, regardless of our age difference (which we don't really feel between us when we're together or chatting) even others to whom I've talked about this and feared would frown upon it (our connection) and try to discourage me (protecting me) have seen the beauty in our connection, the pure love that pours out of us.....it really is a wondrous gift....
Old 26-10-2011, 08:19 PM
Guide
O yes, soul whisperer. I am with you completely. It is just the same with me and him. And it is a gift from heaven... today, as I was going for a walk listening to my MP3, suddenly "our music" came... following four songs of "our" musician... and I felt his embrace, like a soft hug or a warm blanket around me. I looked up at the stars and sent back an "I LOVE YOU" to him :)

(The Book of Fate)
Old 26-10-2011, 08:23 PM
surrendertotheflow

Kiran, until I met the man I am with today, and I don't know much about twin flames and how all that works, but I know this man is one of my soul mates because we have that connection that defies age as well. We are 16 years apart in age and up until the day I met him I would have NEVER allowed myself to be with someone that much older than me, but when we're together, we're ageless, our love is timeless, and our bond truly pure, intimate, and whole. Don't worry about what other people think, it only matters that the two of you understand the connection, and if it's that real, just like soul whisperer said, other people will see the unconditional love pouring out of you, and they should be happy for you anyway :)
Old 26-10-2011, 09:07 PM
Master

You can have many soulmates of all different ages. Often twin flames have several years age difference like you and yours. Choose your path wisely. It's not always about the age difference.
Old 28-10-2011, 09:23 PM
thehermit

SC is just a term that recgnizes a group of peopple that you are conencted to spiritually/lived several lives with It's not exactly "soulmate" that is coined in the midnight psychic commericals or datign shows. You have millions (well, maybe not that much, but you get it). TF is only part of a soul family. A soul family is as varied as your own. You have enemies (probably karmic), you have companion soul mates, you have teachers, etc. They are all equally important :)
Old 29-10-2011, 09:08 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehermit
SC is just a term that recgnizes a group of peopple that you are conencted to spiritually/lived several lives with It's not exactly "soulmate" that is coined in the midnight psychic commericals or datign shows. You have millions (well, maybe not that much, but you get it). TF is only part of a soul family. A soul family is as varied as your own. You have enemies (probably karmic), you have companion soul mates, you have teachers, etc. They are all equally important :)

This sounds very much like my truth. He has been my teacher in many ways, and I've teached him. He is my mental blood brother and partner in soul work. Yet I feel he is not my companion in this lifetime. He has a girlfriend and is very happy with her, and I am currently single but also fall in love with other guys. As I've said above, I have lost my so-called "soulmate" or whom I chose as companion for this lifetime, and am now looking for a new one. But HE is my teacher, my brother, my friend throughout a million existences. I don't know how to explain this better.

(The Book of Fate)
Old 29-10-2011, 05:41 PM
Seeker

I feel the same way. We also have the same age differences and unfortunately he is also so much younger than I. Although he is so young, his soul and character is so much wiser than mine. I know we can never be together in this life time either and he knows it too.

I do really wonder why this is so though. I have often heard that this is "planned" and needs to be to learn , teach in other ways. It just seems so unfair. I often times wonder if I am really just crazy, psycho or what to feel this for such a young man that I don't really know. so strange .
Old 29-10-2011, 05:46 PM
soul whisperer

hope, I think we're in the same boat! I'm on my way out but I'll pm you tomorrow :) I so need someone to talk to who is experiencing similar circumstances to me...thx
love
SW
Old 29-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Seeker

Funny, I wanted to also reach out to you yesterday too which is why I posted! I'm gonna PM you too! SO glad to meet you !!