Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 26-03-2012, 03:54 AM
snowpea

Medium/Channeling/Telepathy/Psychic?

I am so confused when it comes to terms, but just like the poster previous to this thread I am posting now (juice91) I do the same thing. I do not hear spirits, well I take that back, sometimes I do and when I do it scares the **** out of me. However most of the time what I experience is a "knowing" without knowledge. This doesn't just happen with spirits, this happens with the living as well.

With spirits it's flashes of what they look like, what they were wearing, names, people, places, things, etc. It's a knowing and sometimes visual flashes. I rarely ever see full bodied apparitions. That has only happened on a few occasions and once was my Uncle who passed when I was six. He appeared to me 2 weeks before my grandmother passed.

As for people though the flashes of knowledge happen the same way. I can feel what a person feels, I know what they know and sometimes, it's as if I can see straight through someone, or almost like their soul is screaming at me. It's odd and it feels odd.

My only problem with this is how it makes me feel. Actually, I have more than that one problem. Sometimes I am unsure about the accuracy of the information and I can't decern sometimes if what is flying around in my head is real or if it is just an extremely active imagination. I more so live in doubt of things that I know than I want to believe that they are true. I have a friend that calls me a "human lie detector", and I hate it!

As you can tell I have some issues with the "gifts" that I have and there is reason for that. I just want to be able to learn how to control this, whatever it is so that I can find some semblance of peace I guess.

The reason's I have such a hard time with this is because I have learned things that I do not want to know, or would rather not know, or would rather have not experienced.

For instance: Before my cousin killed himself I had a really anxious feeling. I started feeling very sad, over emotional, and concerned. I as 14 years old and approaching my 15th birthday. I was staying the night at a friends house so I called my mom and asked if everything was ok at home. How as dad, brother, sister, her, etc. She said things were fine and that my dad had just ran to the store. She lied. What happened was my father ran to my cousin's house because he was suicidal. My father went over there to take his guns, but little do people realize that those who want to depart this world and are determined to do so can get very creative. He snaped his neck by dropping a very heavy set of weights on it. Don't ask me how, I have no idea? This experience left me scared. He was buried on my 15th birthday. I knew something was wrong, something was going to happen. Even though I didn't know what, I was helpless to prevent it.

Another instance was when my ex husband cheated on me. I had a dream (premonition) of what happened, what she looked like, and what they were doing. This was NOT a great experience to say the least! The next day he came home before he hit the door I knew, confronted him and later left. In hindsight that would be a good thing. However it was not so good and felt awful as I couldn't get the image out of my head for a long time.

Unfortunately the same thing happened with my current husband. I knew he was cheating. I knew a long time before I had the lovely "dream/premonition." The same thing happened. I saw him, I saw her, I saw the act. It was almost as if I could see it from her perspective. That sucked, and still does. After that I went on a fact finding mission that I am not proud of. I managed to get into email accounts with the slightest of ease. I "guessed" passwords and answered to security questions in a matter of seconds, email accounts as well. I found what I was looking for, but the ease at which I gained access to the things that I had no other knowledge of shocked me to my core afterwards.

Then came the second guessing. Maybe I was just really good at guessing? Maybe I was really good at word combinations? Maybe I was really good at email id's? Maybe I just don't want to know what I shouldn't know anymore. Second guessing myself has put me through a lot of emotional turmoil. I know who I am, but I also know who other people are at their core, what they are capable of and their darkest secrets. This has also caused me to become a shut in of sorts. It is hard for me to befriend someone because I can see who they are and if it's not something that melds with who I am, I shut them out. Some people see me as a snob, antisocial, and a B, however I can't help it. I don't know what to do with all of this.

A few years ago I had my first experience with direct contact from a spirit that recently crossed over. He stayed with me for about a year or so. Since then it has happened a handful of times. When this happens I get really jittery, almost like an anxious feeling. My palms sweat, I feel cold but warm at the same time, I feel light headed, dizzy, almost like I am floating, and then start the flashes. Afterwards I feel drained emotionally, physically and mentally. The same thing happens when I get around certain people. There is a girl in my class who causes me to do this. I get very emotionally unstable because she is emotionally unstable. There instances where I am around other individuals and this happens to me as well. I am like a freaking sponge that absorbs people's emotions/feelings/thoughts and it really bothers me. It can take hours to shake those things off.
Since the unveiling of my husbands infidelity and the realization of what it is that I am truly capable of, I am a mess with major trust issues.

Sometimes I can block these things, some days I cannot. If something is stronger than me, I can't block it. It runs it's course and I deal with it.

I would just like to be able to figure out what this is, what I can do to "control" it and what I can do to protect myself from the negative things that happen to me.

I know I can't help the "bad" things that happen and things happen so I can grow as a person, but the other stuff....geesh, I just want one day where I can feel my own emotions and control my own mind instead of feeling like a spiritual punching bad.
Old 26-03-2012, 05:30 AM
deepsea

Your life sounds strangely like mine.

But as time goes one,you will find that events in your life will come together.
Things will make sense and you will learn as I learned what's what in spiritual life.
Good luck!
Deepsea
Old 26-03-2012, 08:39 AM
Knower

Problem is we just dont value ourselves enough do we, as we find the line between ego and being asertive/valuing ourselves so fine.

Focus on getting to know yourself better, dont allow yourself to be moulded/defined by your husband's cheating, you are worth soooo much more :) Good luck x
Old 26-03-2012, 08:55 AM
Serenity Bear

The first part about seeing the flashes is called Clairvoyance. The quick flashes are the mediumship but if they are prolonged then that is usually your psychic sight.

The rest you discuss is your intuition that is kicking in and yes we mediums do have a heightened level of intuition but also that radar for seeing good or bad in people.

For some reason I always attract the badens, Im not sure why but I do. Im thinking of studying criminal psychology just to understand what makes me suseptable to this people.

The thing about cheating husbands is nothing really to do with intuition its that we often fall for the same type of men and thus they will cheat. As Orbie says try getting to know yourself and learn to love yourself better and thus find self acceptance, only the later can protect against this happening again cause you can spot em when you do.
Old 26-03-2012, 11:32 AM
snowpea

Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Bear
The first part about seeing the flashes is called Clairvoyance. The quick flashes are the mediumship but if they are prolonged then that is usually your psychic sight.

The rest you discuss is your intuition that is kicking in and yes we mediums do have a heightened level of intuition but also that radar for seeing good or bad in people.

For some reason I always attract the badens, Im not sure why but I do. Im thinking of studying criminal psychology just to understand what makes me suseptable to this people.

The thing about cheating husbands is nothing really to do with intuition its that we often fall for the same type of men and thus they will cheat. As Orbie says try getting to know yourself and learn to love yourself better and thus find self acceptance, only the later can protect against this happening again cause you can spot em when you do.

First I have to say thank you all for your responses. The past year has definitely been a long hard road for me and I really want a detour. lol

Serenity Bear, it's funny that you say that about men because I was recently in counseling and she asked me what type of men my ex's were. It's funny because I realized that I seem to find men that at first seem nice, caring, loving, funny, charasmatic, etc, like me. Come to find out these men are controlling, manipulative, liars, cheaters and mentally abusive who like to play games. The odd thing that I have noticed is this; once our relationship ends, they find absolute happiness with someone else. It's strange to me, so I think most of the time maybe it's just something with me? My aunt calls me a lightening bug. She says that they see something that is beautiful and glowing and they want to keep it for themselves only for no one else to have. Eventually they put me in a jar and when that happens they smother me. At first I didn't get this, however I am starting to see what she said.
I am pretty sure what she means is that I attract a certain amount of attention to myself because of my nature, my personality. When I do find someone that I am interested in who is also interested in me at first things are great, but after a while they become jealous of me, my time, my attention and then start to attempt to shut me off from other people. This has happened to every man that I have been with since I was 15. She doesn't think and neither do I that most men and most women can handle me. I seem to attract the same types of friends as well.

I am very good at helping people because I can see right through them. I am not the beat around the bush kind of person either when it comes to insight when asked for my opinion. So as you can imagine I tell people things that their soul needs to hear at times but the minds, their ears are not ready to listen. Unfortunately this only works for other people and I am extremely bad on taking my own ques from life.

Ironically enough, you mentioned that you wanted to get into criminal psychology and I am currently studying to be a counselor, actually a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. I have taken two psychology courses one psych 101 class and the class that I am currently in is abnormal psychology 205. I can tell you that when you delve into these kinds of things your whole perspective on people can change. Also I have found that according to psychology...everyone is messed up in their minds in some way shape or form..lol I say that jokingly, but I am quite serious. What I have also found out about counseling for most counselor's it is a game of let's see how much we can ** the client into thinking that their problems are minimal and that their lives are fine. That is of course unless they have a "true mental disorder", then medicate and continue therapy for a prolonged period of time. I know that seems like a "bad outlook", but I don't think that most people, most counselor's, most therapists, most psychologist really have any kind of handle on how the mind truly seems to work. I don't claim to know everything, but what I do know hurts my brain. As I said though according to psychology, everyone has some kind of mental disorder, however I think that this kind of "diagnosing" as in the DSM IV-TR, is done because they want to make sure that they can cover every possible angle on a person's mind, personality and body as much as they can so that they feel more self important when it comes to diagnosis and they keep more people under social control with labels. It's sad really. There are only probably about a handful of people on this earth at the moment who do have a true mental disorder, they even hint about that in the books that I have read because of the information that they give you. Speaking of ego, psychologists seem to be the most ego driven individuals I have ever encountered. I think that when it comes to naming what they call disorders or issues of the mind, they then develop a "god like" complex and honestly in their minds they think they have it all figured out. However most of psychology is nothing but theory and contradictions. No one person, no one scientist and no one psychologist truly know what our minds are capable of.

I have read two books by Eckhardt Tolle and they are really good with identifying the ego and the ego driven mind, but like I said before, I am really good with helping people, but when it comes to myself...fuggedaboutit. I am my own worst enemy.

I also just read this entire post that I wrote and I am pretty sure that I need to start developing a better outlook on life.
Old 26-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Tammy

LOL it feels like i am reading a book, i can clearly recognise some of your traits, but not to the extreme of premonition dreams.
I also have the "knowing" as some say, i am still in the stages of trying to figure it out, as it feels like my own thoughts and that it is just random imaginative thoughts, and it is usually the first thought that pops into my head (hahaha that is why i feel it is me) but i did a reading (2 readings) for some, and did the whole first thought thing, gave names, nicknames, etc....all right..............makes you think???
so as i said, i am still trying to put 2 and 2 together, and get over the "ego" bit, and learn to trust myself.
Funny enough i suck at pyschic readings (maybe because i dont put as much effort in to it) so i dont know what is going on either.

I can also do it with people in my daily life, someone like a new patient that has walked into the practice, it is like i know.think i know something about them, but i cant varify it, as i cant ask my patients some of the things, like i once got a random thought that this one patient was paedephile.....very strong feeling, made my skin crawl......but then again, i could just be stereotyping..who knows........LOL i wasnt going to ask him.

In reagrds to visions, i usually only see whole in dreams. i have heard once or twice, and if i see a vision (not in dream, but in focussing), it is not a full vision, but parts, like some one leaning down for a hug, i would just see the mid part of the body, or i will be able to tell you what colour clothes etc....

The all knowing part is called Claircognize. (google it, you might mind some more answers there.
Old 26-03-2012, 03:55 PM
snowpea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy
LOL it feels like i am reading a book, i can clearly recognise some of your traits, but not to the extreme of premonition dreams.
I also have the "knowing" as some say, i am still in the stages of trying to figure it out, as it feels like my own thoughts and that it is just random imaginative thoughts, and it is usually the first thought that pops into my head (hahaha that is why i feel it is me) but i did a reading (2 readings) for some, and did the whole first thought thing, gave names, nicknames, etc....all right..............makes you think???
so as i said, i am still trying to put 2 and 2 together, and get over the "ego" bit, and learn to trust myself.
Funny enough i suck at pyschic readings (maybe because i dont put as much effort in to it) so i dont know what is going on either.

I can also do it with people in my daily life, someone like a new patient that has walked into the practice, it is like i know.think i know something about them, but i cant varify it, as i cant ask my patients some of the things, like i once got a random thought that this one patient was paedephile.....very strong feeling, made my skin crawl......but then again, i could just be stereotyping..who knows........LOL i wasnt going to ask him.

In reagrds to visions, i usually only see whole in dreams. i have heard once or twice, and if i see a vision (not in dream, but in focussing), it is not a full vision, but parts, like some one leaning down for a hug, i would just see the mid part of the body, or i will be able to tell you what colour clothes etc....

The all knowing part is called Claircognize. (google it, you might mind some more answers there.

I am so glad to find a place where people can say WOW! Your just like me. :) I don't feel so alone now. :)

The premonitions that I have had, have only happened a few times. I feel like I had those premonitions because I was consciously ignoring everything else. I have however also been visited in my dreams/sleep, by loved ones that have passed. That is a whole different thing and it was amazing when it happened.

I have done both psychic readings for friends and just read friends. Sometimes I am in the middle of reading a friend and all of the sudden someone that has passed on in their life pops up and starts giving me information to tell them. I can even do it over the internet! As odd as that may sound. Sometimes though (and I know that I need to get out of my own head and my own way) I am not sure how accurate the information is vs. how much the person is just **'ing me or just going along with what I say. I would think that people wouldn't do this, but then again human's are human. I can tell when the information is really authentic though because the person will usually start crying. :( That always makes me feel bad.

While I was reading the article that you pm'd me I had a revelation. I can tell the difference in between the thoughts in my own head vs. the information that is being given to me. The information comes for a place much different that my own mind just as the article said. It's almost like having someone sitting right next to you, in your mind. It comes from a pure place, on that isn't muddled and it is very clear, clean, and true. It resonates as such. That is the knowing without knowing part.

I have had incidents like you described about the pedophile and I think the same thing about myself sometimes. Except I know that when I get those kinds of gut instincts, followed by a deep sense of knowing, that what is going on inside my head and inside my body is true. For instance I have been around certain people that I just knew deed down were BAD. When I say bad, I mean BAD to their core. I have an instant feeling of wanting to flea from that person and most of the time do, and that feeling is accompanied by a barrage of images in my mind and knowledge that comes to my mind about what that person has done, who they have done it to and what they did. There is one instance where this happened that had I not looked like a complete crazy person while running full speed to the police station, I would have dropped what I was doing immediately and done so. I still regret not doing that. I also get that when I am around people in general, but not to that extreme.

For instance: There is a girl in my class who just went through a divorce (she told me this) and she is struggling with depression (which I knew before she told me). However what she has not told me is that she is struggling with her sexuality. She was also sexually abused as a child and has second thoughts about her sexuality because of this. She is at her core a good person, a wonderful, beautiful, spiritual person. She is also having trouble with her spirituality. She questions herself on everything and often who she is or who she is not. She is extremely hard on herself to the point of denying herself even the most basic pleasures. (I haven't said anything to her because she is a classmate and I don't want her to think that I am crazy. But I also have not had a feeling that I need to say something to her.)

There is another person in one of my classes that is an extremely open book when it comes to information that I get from him. He is attractive, dresses nice, and seem's cocky on the outside. At first glance you would think that this man has it all! Such is not the case. He is extremely insecure! He is mentally punishing himself for things in his past. He is surrounded by a deep sense of shame, of not belonging, of not fitting in. He has done something wrong by or to someone and he wears that sense of embarassment and shame on his shoulder every day. I don't feel like it was something criminal.

Then there is the chick that I do NOT like. She was in one of my classes last semester and let me tell you this woman made my skin crawl! She sat next to me on the first day of class, and then again on the second time I had that class. The third time I had to go to that class she was already seated so I took the farthest seat from her all the way on the other side of the class room. This woman literally sucks the life out of people and is so scattered emotionally and mentally that I felt like I was being assaulted constantly every time I was near her. I had no doubt that this woman not only has a huge amount of inner demons, I think she has demons that surround her daily, and let me just say not unwillingly. She comes off as a former drug addict who has turned her life around and is wanting to become a counselor so that she can help people. Such is not the case and she knows I know. She will not come near me, she will not even speak to me and when she does look in my direction, let me just say that "stink eye" does not even cover the way she looks at me. Now mind you I have NEVER had a bad conversation with this woman. I have treated her nicely when I did speak to her, which was only twice. Unfortunately, her path crossed mine again when I saw her on the first day of another one of my classes this semester. This is the woman that makes me feel like I am going to lose my mind when I am in the same room as her. After class is over I almost physically run to my vehicle to leave her presence. It's that bad. What I do know is that she is surrounded by extreme negative energy, she has done some very awful things in her past and she has no interest in clearing her karma. She revels in her evil doings and she prides herself and think that she is above karma. She likes feeling dark and feels more in control of the darkness than what she truly is. She is a former prostitute, drug addict and I am almost 100% certain she has molested male children. This semester I am in more control of blocking her craziness, but last semester it was all I could do to not run out of every class I had to attend with her there. She thinks that she can cause people to do things and she likes thinking that she has control over people. What she does not realize is that it is not "her" that is in control over what is going on with her, even though she invites it willingly, it has complete control of her. She takes advantage of peoples kindness and she preys on the nieve. There is one poor girl in my class in particular that she is preying on and I swear I want to look at this little (I say little because she is in her early twenties) girl and tell her to RUN! However I don't deep down feel the need to say something to her.

That is just a little bit of what it's like for me to read people or see right through people. This happens a lot, every day actually. I just don't know how to control it so that it doesn't run me and run me down as much as it does.
Old 26-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Tammy

Me finks you are more advanced than me.........MUCH MORE! LOL
in regards to controling it, i havent really come to the stage where i feel like i need to control it, it is part of my everyday life i have only relaise just how good i am at it.. I dont pick up loved ones that have past over, only when i i really concentrate..........and if you know me that is hardley ever i am a bit scatty!!!
but yes i can tell certain things about some people, in the begining i just put it down to lucky guesses or just picking up their energy, but look on the bright side at least i have good friends
I can tell straight whether i like a person or not, and i am usually right, when the true nature of the person shows themself.
Also are you practising protection?
Old 27-03-2012, 02:09 AM
snowpea

I'm not but I think that is part of my issues. I don't know how, and I really need to learn how to do that.
Old 27-03-2012, 02:55 AM
Newbie ;)

Hello all. I am a physical (transfiguration) medium....amongst other things.