Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 22-08-2013, 02:21 AM
Master
Wonderful story, Running. I feel they (animals) come into our life with just as much purpose as the people we meet.

As I said before, I feel they help us as mirrors, models, support. I feel I have two other "pieces" of my soul as animals right now. I know it, in fact. I don't see that as a difficult thing to accept--we have plenty of consciousness to go around as the bigger part of it is not in this physical realm.

That dog came into your life (or you came into his) for a particular learning purpose for you both. And he left when that purpose was done. But--he really hasn't left you either.

Thanks for that story.

Lora
Old 22-08-2013, 04:41 AM
Master

Thanks for that amazing story, Running, I'm sure he'll be there to meet you when it's your time to pass.

I had a wonderful German Shepherd who, after he passed, came to visit one day. He was as clear and solid as when he was alive and he looked amazingly healthy which made me feel better because he was ill with cancer before crossing. One day I was at a large gathering where people had come to see a particular medium and I was told I had a German Shepherd with me (in spirit). It was nice to know that someone else was aware of his presence around me.

I believe that the souls of animals evolve and I believe that a dog will often reincarnate in one human's lifetime.

Jenny Crow
Old 22-08-2013, 03:45 PM
Knower

I believe that animals do have souls and that we were once animals until it was time to become human.
I believe we first start off as a drop of water and go through all cycles of life, evolving forward until we become human and go through the human stages until we continue our evolution on the spiritual plane.
So for instance, I believe the pets we have chose to be pets so that they could learn stuff from humans until they were ready to evolve to be human.
So yes, your dog does have a soul that I believe will one day be human as he continues his evolution life after life :)
Old 25-08-2013, 02:01 AM
Master
I think this book echoes what many here have been saying...
It's a great read btw
Below is the book review & summary...
[the ending is NOT spoiled so ok to read on, LOL ]

http://www.bookreporter.com/reviews/...ng-in-the-rain

The Art Of Racing in the Rain
by Garth Stein

In Garth Stein’s touching story, the appealing narrator is a dog named Enzo, who (of course) cannot communicate as he'd like to, by talking with his family. Instead, he pours his considerable heart and spirit into this book, sharing his experiences and reflections with readers. Although Enzo is frustrated with his limitations as a canine, he comforts himself with the fact that, according to a documentary he watched about Mongolia (Enzo is a dedicated television viewer), he will be reincarnated as a human. And he knows a lot about being a human after watching his master Denny Swift, who is a hero to him.

At the beginning of the book, Enzo is just barely clinging to life, so he spends time reflecting upon his past. As Denny, who is a race car driver, has told him, drivers cannot contemplate their moves while they make them. Racing is like living; you can only do it and then remember it at a later date. For Enzo, in these last days he immerses himself in memories.

His reminiscences begin with the day Denny chose him out of a heap of puppies, taking him from a country farm to an apartment in Seattle. Although Enzo doesn't enjoy living there, he adores Denny and thus looks on this as a good life. He later develops a fondness for Eve, "the interloper," who Denny falls in love with and marries. He stands in literally for Denny on the day that his daughter, Zoë, is born. Denny is off racing in Daytona, Florida while Enzo is at the new mother's side.

For Denny, the joyous day of Zoë's birth is overshadowed as his racing career takes a beating. After a year of obtaining sponsorships in order to enter the race, he loses this hard-won opportunity to shine when a driver on his team has an accident. Denny returns to his day job as a customer service representative at a luxury auto shop.

Shortly after giving birth, Eve asks Enzo to promise to protect the little girl, and the dog's feelings of commitment to his family are intensified. Enzo's role in the family becomes that of caretaker and watchdog. He takes his role of protecting his loved humans seriously --- and faithfully not only watches over them, but also manipulates their lives, often in humorous ways, to ensure that they are taken care of. This loyalty will be needed as their lives are about to unravel.

When the family moves to a small house, Enzo enjoys a cozy backyard and sunny spots to lounge in. Eve chooses to go back to work, so Zoë enters daycare, which leaves Enzo at home, bored, until Denny begins leaving the television set on for him. But his happiness is short-lived, for he is the first one to realize that something is seriously wrong with Eve; his acute sense of smell has detected a decaying odor emanating from within her head. When Denny is away from home at his next race, Eve wakes up with a terrible pain. It's so bad that she gathers Zoë and goes away, leaving Enzo alone for days.

While this is unfolding, Denny's team has won first place, and he's had an offer from a big-time team, but he must turn his back on the racing he loves as he has more urgent matters on his mind. Eve suffers an increasing array of terrible symptoms, such as mood swings, vertigo and nausea. She sometimes screams from pain yet refuses to seek medical care. And when she inevitably receives the worst diagnosis possible, the family is torn apart, beginning an intense emotional rollercoaster ride. Through it all, Enzo supports them in every possible way.

THE ART OF RACING IN THE RAIN is getting all kinds of buzz, and it deserves every accolade. Readers will be moved by this warm hug of a story (and may find themselves looking searchingly into the eyes of their own canine companions). Enzo is a charming and witty narrator. His tale, while hilarious at times, is quite often heartbreaking, but it is ultimately uplifting and heartwarming. And I found the ending to be oh so very satisfying!

Reviewed by Terry Miller Shannon on January 7, 2011

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 28-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Fibromom

I have a theory. It's only a theory, but one I've been asking myself a lot about. I have always loved cats & have always had at least 1 as a pet. In my life I have had 7 cats, out of these 7, 3 have been 'different' from the others. I have had these unbelievable connections with these 3 cats. I've meditated on it, asked my SG & so far from what I can tell is that animal souls (maybe human too? IDK) but they can almost put a piece of their souls into a new body. For example: When I was 3 I was given my first pets, 2 kittens. One was "My" cat. she would let me dress her up & push her around in a doll carriage, she would even let me drag her into the tub with me. She died when I was 16 from cancer. At 17 I started dreaming the same dream over & over. It was that my room was covered with black cats but then a white cat would jump on the bed, he had 2 dif color eyes, but that's all I could remember about the dream. This went on for over a year. One day I went to the animal shelter to kill some time until my Ferry left for home again. That when I saw this big white cat with 1 blue eye & 1 yellow eye. I knew this was what I was dreaming about. I adopted him & everyone said "Ewww why would you adopt that cat?" & I would say because he's beautiful! I couldn't believe that no one could see what a gorgeous cat he was! Looking back at pics of when I first brought him home, he was ragged. His thick white fur (which he did get back with his new home & lots of love) his ears where all scabbed over bc of an infestation of ear mites & he had a flea allergy which would cause him to scratch himself raw. But after about 6months in his new home he looked just like in my dream. He was my 2nd cat I connected with. I knew he was my previous cat, but not at the same time. That was when I started researching about pets & the other side. He would have been born 2 years before my 1st cat died, so reincarnation couldn't be it right? Recently I've been studying spirit animals. My my Spirit/medicine animal is a panther & it seems as if both past cats + my new cat is all a part of the panther & also all a part of each other, but also their own souls. These are just my observations & info from my SG.
Old 29-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Master
I honestly believe that animals have souls. I think that animals do teach us life lessons I know that my past pets have. Sadly they have crossed over though. Animals are empathetic just like we are so they can feel our pain. I also am sure that animals know that they come from someone like they can sense of a higher entity. Animals well never cease to amaze me for I think they are intelligent.