Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 24-06-2020, 03:36 PM
Newbie ;)

Stuttering

First, sorry for my bad english.
I wasnt be sure where to post this theme so i post here.
Do someone have advices how to go away stuttering?
Old 24-06-2020, 03:57 PM
Elfin

Hi enjoy life. Don't worry about your English. You are understood. My husband was left with a stutter after going through a few years of trauma from things from his past. When I met him he still stuttered sometimes. But over time, and as his life changed the stutter went away all by itself. He has not stuttered for several years now. If the stutter that you ask about is severe, and is affecting life, then maybe speech therapy might help. But otherwise I don't really know of any other advice. maybe someone else on the forum can help a little better if they have had experience of this. Sending best of wishes to you.
Old 24-06-2020, 08:41 PM
Newbie ;)

TNX for advice, speech therapy dont work for me.
Old 25-06-2020, 02:21 PM
Elfin

Hi.. my husband stuttered when he was anxious, nervous, and when he didn't have confidence. When he regained the confidence eventually the stutter went. But you know.. when he did stutter no- one thought any differently about him. He was just being himself. But I know it bothered him. He was always apologising all the time but there was no need. I do know how it can affect a person. And aside from him I have encountered several people that stutter, and never once did I think anything un-toward. I know that you wish you did not stutter, and I'm just sorry that I can't be more helpful.
Old 25-06-2020, 07:43 PM
Ascender

Hello enjoy life.

As you have tried speech therapy, you will probably already know that singing is a widely recommended form of therapy/help for those who stutter.

Have you found singing to be at all helpful to you enjoy life?

All the best. Like your username!

petex
Old 25-06-2020, 09:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoylife
First, sorry for my bad english.
I wasnt be sure where to post this theme so i post here.
Do someone have advices how to go away stuttering?

When I was 10 I was sent off to boarding school in the UK. This was so traumatic that I developed a severe stutter. I did not get over it until my twenties.

So firstly, if you are on your own and you speak out loud or read something aloud, do you stutter? Probably not. This indicates that there is nothing wrong with your vocal apparatus. So it comes down to extreme self-consciousness and a lack of confidence around other people.

Being with other people may create an inner tension, especially as you prepare to speak, and this tension further inhibits the natural flow of speaking. You probably find that some sounds cause more problems than others - in my case, these were the hard sounds such as B, D, G, K, etc. Then you find yourself trying to work out how to say what you want to say without using such sounds.

The key (for me at least) to overcoming a stutter is relaxation. Being relaxed removes the tension around speaking. Being relaxed in the company of others helps to overcome the lack of self-confidence. As we learn to speak more easily and fluently we become more at ease with speaking to others, and eventually we no longer stutter and may even learn to enjoy speaking in public.

And take heart - you are not alone. Many famous people stuttered at some stage in their life.

For example, Bruce Willis had a stutter from age 9 to 17, when he joined a high school production of "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court." He explained, "When I got onstage, I stopped stuttering. When I stepped off the stage, I started stuttering again. And I went, 'This is a miracle. I got to investigate this more.'

Others include Samuel L Jackson, Tiger Woods, Emily Blunt, Tim Gunn, and even Joe Biden. It can be overcome.

Peace
Old 26-06-2020, 09:06 AM
Elfin

Lovely comments. And so very true... Films made about it. Don't know if any of you are familiar with X factor UK. A young man Gareth Gat*s had a terrible stutter. But when he sang no sign of it. He went all the way to the final. "Kings speech " comes to mind with regard to film.
Old 27-06-2020, 08:31 AM
Newbie ;)

Thanks a lot.
When i am alone i speak great.
When parrents good, when friends ok, but when new people or similar i stutter.
Old 27-06-2020, 08:50 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoylife
Thanks a lot.
When i am alone i speak great.
When parrents good, when friends ok, but when new people or similar i stutter.
You stutter when nervous. And in turn you stutter more because of it. I have never stuttered but I suffered from social anxiety because of my sensitivity. I found it almost impossible to go out in public and be "around" people. I could not walk in front of a bus stop if there was a que of people. Instead, I would walk around the streets , maybe half a mile out of my way just to avoid the bus stop. Over time, and eventually I slowly overcame all of these fears. But at the time it was no fun. You in turn will overcome your stutter, which I know is of little comfort now . I also know that you maybe want the ground to open up and swallow you when you stutter. But I do promise that no- one thinks anything badly of you. In fact as far as I'm concerned it can be endearing . And I don't mean that in a patronising way, I'm being genuine. I instantly warm to anyone that stutters ( and it's not pity either) ... You Will get there.
Old 27-06-2020, 10:32 AM
Administrator
As you speak ok on your own would indicate Nerves Anxiety and Low confidance some people get Tongue Tied which is a form of stuttering when they speak to quickly.
you need to build up your condifance then im sure it will improve.

Namaste