Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 30-11-2019, 11:54 PM
Experiencer

Are some people not meant to know about reincarnation

I wonder I mean some people are shown about reincarnation like myself...and I feel like my life path has set me up for the truth....I actually think this is my first life where I get almost the whole picture. But it seems some people are never shown this and live their whole lives in the matrix and not believing in the spirit world signs reincarnation etc. I am wondering if this is simply their path because it is better for them not to know?
Old 01-12-2019, 06:49 PM
Master

I am not sure if it is a case of it being better for them not to know. Some people know nothing about reincarnation, others have heard about it but dismiss it (perhaps for religious or materialist reasons), others believe in reincarnation as an idea but it is not a factor in their lives, while others consider reincarnation as a very real and practical philosophy in their lives.

The major Western religions do not teach reincarnation (or such teachings have been suppressed within these religions). Yet many Westerners fully embrace the possibility of reincarnation. Eastern religions such as Hinduism do teach reincarnation and karma, but you only have to go to India to see that many people there are trapped in ignorance and materialism.

In the end it comes down to each person's state of development. For some people, reincarnation and karma make complete sense. Other people are too busy dealing with the material world to step back and see the bigger picture.

Peace
Old 01-12-2019, 07:42 PM
Master

There's no big conspiracy against people. They're at various levels of evolvement, and understanding of reality. All people believe in something that might not be so. It's bad only when they lose flexibility and common sense.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 08-12-2019, 02:57 PM
Good answers. I also think it is about simple openness.
I meditate a lot (like for decades for many hours, I mean) So, I think that changes my brain
and mind to be open to different input?

I see past lives, also...and I mean I could be on my laptop or washing dishes when suddenly
a vision will 'just come to me' - and I see who a person is in my life now...who I
was with the feelings, love or bad behavior.
I see whole scenes so I can place the time/era I was in - street scenes, clothing and such.
Oh, the stories I can tell, ha!

Are others on their perfect path for them? God, yes.
Every single thing is absolute perfection - a death, a meeting, the loss of a job, the promotion;
everything is tailor made for each person.
Sometimes I think I am such a slow learner I needed these past life visions.
(In other words, not special at all!)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-12-2019, 03:12 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
In the end it comes down to each person's state of development.
For some people, reincarnation and karma make complete sense.
Other people are too busy dealing with the material world to step back and see the bigger picture.
My take:

In another life- that same person could have been a master of knowing his past lives and possibly too caught up in them.
So this life his blueprint was to only focus on the now, right here.
Actors on a stage.

'State of development' is an an unknown item...in my opinion.
That is ...the murderer was meant this life to murder that person.
The blind baby was meant to teach her family selflessness.
The pauper was once a benevolent Prince.

We just don't know very much...and thus can't judge any situation.
Why, Paramahansa Yogananda said, (tho, spending many lives meditating in the Himalayas, sure),
he learned more as a single mother of many children in poverty.

Nothing is what it seems. My rule of thumb.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-12-2019, 11:25 AM
Master
Quote:
The major Western religions do not teach reincarnation (or such teachings have been suppressed within these religions). Yet many Westerners fully embrace the possibility of reincarnation. Eastern religions such as Hinduism do teach reincarnation and karma, but you only have to go to India to see that many people there are trapped in ignorance and materialism.

Materialism is helping people improve their lives and meeting their basic necessities. This will create a more stable lifestyle that can be conducive to well being and spiritual growth, and providing more opportunities and time for spiritual practice.

Who do you call ''Western'' religions? Christianity and Islam are world religions. Islam is the major religion in the far east, in Indonesia. It is also big in India. Islam is only a minor religion in Europe! In what way is Islam even considered a ''Western'' religion? Maybe early Medieval Spain, but overall it's generally seen as outside of European identity. Christianity meanwhile is very big in Africa and South-America.

Quote:
In the end it comes down to each person's state of development. For some people, reincarnation and karma make complete sense. Other people are too busy dealing with the material world to step back and see the bigger picture.
Ehmm.. LOL?
As if those who ''step back'' can only realize the picture of reincarnation and karma. That's patronizing..

Last edited by Altair : 10-12-2019 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10-12-2019, 11:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraIndigo
I wonder I mean some people are shown about reincarnation like myself...and I feel like my life path has set me up for the truth....I actually think this is my first life where I get almost the whole picture. But it seems some people are never shown this and live their whole lives in the matrix and not believing in the spirit world signs reincarnation etc. I am wondering if this is simply their path because it is better for them not to know?

Assuming we reincarnate, a couple of things...

1) You're a different person now that in a supposed past life. Different genes, family, education, culture, society, environment to grow up in and live in. You live now, so what chances are there to actually remember a past life, if this happened? The chances are slim. Most people also do not have past life memories so you are in good company, LibraIndigo!

2) If we do reincarnate, and assuming we all have past lives as humans, than it should be recognized that much of human history is dotted with suffering, inequality, and misery. The nice stories in history are the lives of a minority. Kings, queens, philosophers, successful tradesmen etc. The majority of people have always lived to be slaves, serfs, workers, etc. Their lives were generally short, brutish, and with plenty of suffering involved. Almost no freedoms. Giving birth to a child was seriously dangerous for women for 99% of human history.

As it is statistically most likely that most of our past lives were just that (assuming we reincarnate) - lives of misery - than you gotta ask yourself whether you really want to know about it. You were also a different person [see #1] so you'd be having memories of someone else yet you would feel that suffering as your own, possibly.

As an end note, I want to say that recent times [past 50/60 years], at least in the developed world, has been phenomenal in matters of providing people with opportunities and freedom in life, something that was very hard to realize throughout much of human history. We are incredibly privileged and live like the kings and queens of old, many of us possibly even better.

Not believing in reincarnation, spirits, signs etc. does not mean people live in a ''matrix''. Beliefs are just creations of the mind, having them doesn't give you an advantage. It just means you believe in stuff. What does spirituality mean to you?
Old 10-12-2019, 05:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Materialism is helping people improve their lives and meeting their basic necessities. This will create a more stable lifestyle that can be conducive to well being and spiritual growth, and providing more opportunities and time for spiritual practice.

You suggest that the materialist will naturally turn to spiritual practices once their material needs are satisfied. There is nothing wrong with working to improve one's standard of living and provide for our needs. But the materialist (by definition) continues to focus on material gain with no interest in spiritual pursuits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Who do you call ''Western'' religions? Christianity and Islam are world religions. Islam is the major religion in the far east, in Indonesia. It is also big in India. Islam is only a minor religion in Europe! In what way is Islam even considered a ''Western'' religion? Maybe early Medieval Spain, but overall it's generally seen as outside of European identity. Christianity meanwhile is very big in Africa and South-America.

"Western" religions was probably the wrong term. There are the three major religions which originated in the Middle East as opposed to those religions which originated further East.

Peace
Old 12-12-2019, 06:58 PM
Deactivated Account

I think life is more about love than knowledge about metaphysical things.

That's a not important side thing.

One doesn't have to know about reincarnation to love.
Old 12-12-2019, 07:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
I think life is more about love than knowledge about metaphysical things.

That's a not important side thing.

One doesn't have to know about reincarnation to love.

You might be right ... But, how do you know that?

Do you feel that to be right? Does that makes the most sense to you? Is that what you learned from a book or a guru you totally trust? (why do you totally trust it?) Did you get knowledge and guidance from your inner-self? )how do you know that you got it right, and it isn't just wishful thinking?)

What differentiates a human from a dog? Both are able of unconditional love, aren't they (at least the dog)? Only the human is self-conscious. This must be important for consciousness' further evolvement, mustn't it?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.