Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 07-05-2020, 08:57 PM
asearcher

still do not like things, am effected, even if I have remembered

I have never liked desks and it has showed to me that in my past life I was married, then divorced, to a guy who I would see behind his desk. I think the desk symbolized to me a strong power I would fail against. We had our problems but we loved each other from what I could tell but I had to leave as I had in my youth let him decide things for me to the point that I don't think I knew who I was. He was use to calling the shots. It all comes down to the view of the desk. Visiting him there at his office, and his desk in our home too.
It is not like it is a strong phobia of mine but I by instinct do not like desks.

I thought by remembering what could have caused it is what will then make it go away? but for me it gets stronger. Same with belt (another story, another man).

I wonder how do I get pass these things and I bet even much tougher things people had to endure in past life (where my complaining about a desk and belt is something to be ashamed of...)?

each time i for example am to go into a boss office and the desk being placed a certain way in the room it is as if i go back to being who i was in my past life, and i don't want that. I don't want to feel this way. We can't have a productive talk. Outside - fine.

please let me know how it works for you and how to get rid of these things :)
Old 08-05-2020, 11:21 AM
Elfin

Hi. I don't think I can help you with this, but I hope there will be others who can. I respond because I can empathise with your delemma as belts also hold great discomfort for me, and this for me is I'm this lifetime, not past life experience. Also my sister, because of events during this lifetime had an issue too with desks. At her work she needed a desk in the corner where she could see everyone that came in and out of the room. She needed to know there was no one behind her. So whereas I don't have the answers, I have empathy , and hope you can find the help. But also to say that you are never alone. There will always be someone to talk to on here.
Old 08-05-2020, 01:12 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
I have never liked desks and it has showed to me that in my past life I was married, then divorced, to a guy who I would see behind his desk. I think the desk symbolized to me a strong power I would fail against. We had our problems but we loved each other from what I could tell but I had to leave as I had in my youth let him decide things for me to the point that I don't think I knew who I was. He was use to calling the shots. It all comes down to the view of the desk. Visiting him there at his office, and his desk in our home too.
It is not like it is a strong phobia of mine but I by instinct do not like desks.

I thought by remembering what could have caused it is what will then make it go away? but for me it gets stronger. Same with belt (another story, another man).

I wonder how do I get pass these things and I bet even much tougher things people had to endure in past life (where my complaining about a desk and belt is something to be ashamed of...)?

each time i for example am to go into a boss office and the desk being placed a certain way in the room it is as if i go back to being who i was in my past life, and i don't want that. I don't want to feel this way. We can't have a productive talk. Outside - fine.

please let me know how it works for you and how to get rid of these things :)

Hello,

In my experience, remembering the desk is not going to make it go away... whatever has troubled you. I think people see things on TV and believe what others say. Visiting a past life trauma, especially if it's carried over into this life needs work. You will get glimpses of triggers, and things that happened...it is part of your journey to work on it....and it could take years.

From the outside, looking in....I see the desk as a trigger for you. I also see someone who probably needs to work on self empowerment, self love, and becoming strong inside. Codependency could be an issue, wanting someone else there...but then resenting their authority or power being asserted over you.

I think it's a common issue with all human beings. There will always be someone who has authority over you....a parent to a child, boss to an employee, police over the community, ECT....I think the balance is working on self...and being able to be fully confident in your choices, assertive, and developing your own character, and living your own life how you want...while not dimming any part of you to please another. Remember those with authority have a job to do...but, their job does not include telling you how to think, feel, what to do, or how to live your life.
It is your job to learn those things....they aren't easy to learn, either. Many times, we are the ones giving that power away to others...and becoming resentful because we didn't choose, we felt neglected, we didn't learn or grow because we handed that over to someone else to decide for us....so then we feel unhappy about how we were treated, or the choices that were made for us.
Old 08-05-2020, 04:22 PM
asearcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Hi. I don't think I can help you with this, but I hope there will be others who can. I respond because I can empathise with your delemma as belts also hold great discomfort for me, and this for me is I'm this lifetime, not past life experience. Also my sister, because of events during this lifetime had an issue too with desks. At her work she needed a desk in the corner where she could see everyone that came in and out of the room. She needed to know there was no one behind her. So whereas I don't have the answers, I have empathy , and hope you can find the help. But also to say that you are never alone. There will always be someone to talk to on here.
Hi Elfin! God that is truly so terrible you have had that kind of experience in this life. I always thought, if I know had thought of it at all, that the belt-violence belonged in much older days, not when my past life was an adult so I would try to think it wasn't true memories what I remembered, and I only remembered little and that was enough, find out that past life identity I could identify him too, I was not the only one he treated ****ty, violently in that life as turned out, other women, children too. This came out after the abuse I remember, court-things. He was still always highly regarded with his business-life. How one can have one face at work, and another at home...shocking.

I hope your sister was met by understanding.

Thank you very much for your heart felt words and support :)
Old 08-05-2020, 04:48 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
Hi Elfin! God that is truly so terrible you have had that kind of experience in this life. I always thought, if I know had thought of it at all, that the belt-violence belonged in much older days, not when my past life was an adult so I would try to think it wasn't true memories what I remembered, and I only remembered little and that was enough, find out that past life identity I could identify him too, I was not the only one he treated ****ty, violently in that life as turned out, other women, children too. This came out after the abuse I remember, court-things. He was still always highly regarded with his business-life. How one can have one face at work, and another at home...shocking.

I hope your sister was met by understanding.

Thank you very much for your heart felt words and support :)
Thank you so much. Yes sadly it still goes on. The belt was on show always as a "threat". My sister was raped by a stranger. Hence having to have her desk in corner so she could see all around het at all times. She spent 11 years recovering, with many attempts to take her own life. But she is doing well now , thank you. I would say, learn from the past life, understand, but don't please be afraid of these things. We are here again to learn and grow. Look at the desk. Touch it... And then tell it it cannot and will not harm your mind ever again. You are stronger than the desk. You are strong.
Old 08-05-2020, 04:52 PM
asearcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado
Hello,

In my experience, remembering the desk is not going to make it go away... whatever has troubled you. I think people see things on TV and believe what others say. Visiting a past life trauma, especially if it's carried over into this life needs work. You will get glimpses of triggers, and things that happened...it is part of your journey to work on it....and it could take years.

From the outside, looking in....I see the desk as a trigger for you. I also see someone who probably needs to work on self empowerment, self love, and becoming strong inside. Codependency could be an issue, wanting someone else there...but then resenting their authority or power being asserted over you.

I think it's a common issue with all human beings. There will always be someone who has authority over you....a parent to a child, boss to an employee, police over the community, ECT....I think the balance is working on self...and being able to be fully confident in your choices, assertive, and developing your own character, and living your own life how you want...while not dimming any part of you to please another. Remember those with authority have a job to do...but, their job does not include telling you how to think, feel, what to do, or how to live your life.
It is your job to learn those things....they aren't easy to learn, either. Many times, we are the ones giving that power away to others...and becoming resentful because we didn't choose, we felt neglected, we didn't learn or grow because we handed that over to someone else to decide for us....so then we feel unhappy about how we were treated, or the choices that were made for us.
Hi and thank you so much, you are so right, I can see this pattern/attitude in that life and this one too but more so in the past life, I think I have learn something. The desk-man got better with age as he I think matured and I too, the belt-man just got more rotten from what I have found out. yes I guess it does take time to heal from some things after all. in one way i am glad to be in my present life, body (that no belt has abused), in another it is like I wish to go back to fix things but can't.