Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 21-04-2020, 09:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
How can Satya Sai Baba be viewed as a ''teacher'', someone embodying spiritual ideals, when he's been shown to perform magic tricks? How do you reconcile that with a spiritual path? This is an honest question and I'm curious how others reconcile it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J0CFOdq09Q

This is just one example, but it's the devotion the followers show that is IMO exactly what makes the teacher a ''master''. They expect big things and believe in the teacher, and with it create their own happy chemistry. The whole thing is a performance on both sides.

If someone is actually an enlightened person that is supposed to be all-knowing, god in the flesh one would expect truly extraordinary things, not just magic tricks. Have any of you come across such a person?

I watched about half of that video, couldn't stick it any longer, what a cringe!
Old 21-04-2020, 10:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
How can Satya Sai Baba be viewed as a ''teacher'', someone embodying spiritual ideals, when he's been shown to perform magic tricks? How do you reconcile that with a spiritual path? This is an honest question and I'm curious how others reconcile it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J0CFOdq09Q

This is just one example, but it's the devotion the followers show that is IMO exactly what makes the teacher a ''master''. They expect big things and believe in the teacher, and with it create their own happy chemistry. The whole thing is a performance on both sides.

If someone is actually an enlightened person that is supposed to be all-knowing, god in the flesh one would expect truly extraordinary things, not just magic tricks. Have any of you come across such a person?
The only thing I liked about that video was the priests chanting the Purusha Shuktam in the background...
Old 22-04-2020, 11:31 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicValet
Who do you consider to be an exceptional Spiritual Teacher? Though my favorite would be Alan Watts, he would probably consider himself more of a philosopher than a guru.

Guru Nanak was great. He taught there is no Hindu, no Muslim (no religion) only One and speaks of the Universe/ Truth/ God.

Unfortunately many Sikhs have twisted his message today. Sikh simply means student of Truth and the Guru Granth Sahib which was compiled by ten successive teachers includes teachings of the eternal Truth by teachers born into different cultures and religions. It shows that religion is an illusion, and there’s only actually spirituality.
Old 23-05-2020, 08:49 PM
Master
A teacher I came across very recently is a chap who goes by the name of Nada and has a Youtube channel called Awaken Insight - I've listened to plenty of spiritual teachers over the years but rarely have I come across someone so articulate and wise, I think he's a real treasure I thought the following video about the causes of dysfunctional relationships and the capacity to be alone was especially good, so just wanted to share (it's about twenty minutes long, for those who are interested):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xL6...L&index=3&t=0s
Old 24-05-2020, 02:57 AM
Master
The teachers spreading peace,love and unity amongst all are the best I would say.