Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 20-12-2015, 04:28 AM
Pathfinder

Fish Vegan after awakening?

Did anyone of you felt sudden disgust for meat and animal-based products after awakening ? I feel like I can't swallow it. And for me it literally is like eating their fear
Old 20-12-2015, 10:17 AM
Experiencer
No I don't. But I do feel uncomfortable using honey anymore. I only take that sporadically when it's added in products like seaweed paste for noodles or so. But that's only once in a few weeks or less.

I just don't want to give up my improved health and overall feeling of well-being.

My diet is about 95-98% plant based.
Old 20-12-2015, 10:21 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueline
Did anyone of you felt sudden disgust for meat and animal-based products after awakening ? I feel like I can't swallow it. And for me it literally is like eating their fear

That's fundamentally what it's all about. The slaughterhouse and animal exploitation dos not correspond with LOVE.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 20-12-2015, 01:53 PM
Deactivated Account
It didn't happen to me all at once. My spiritual journey is a process and veganism came later although it is definitely tied to the principles I believe in and try to live by. It's more complicated for me because issues with health made it difficult for me to take the leap into vegetarianism never mind veganism. But now I'm in a place where it is possible and it makes sense to me. It connects with everything I feel and believe.
Old 20-12-2015, 02:17 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogenblue
No I don't. But I do feel uncomfortable using honey anymore. I only take that sporadically when it's added in products like seaweed paste for noodles or so. But that's only once in a few weeks or less.

I just don't want to give up my improved health and overall feeling of well-being.

My diet is about 95-98% plant based.

Let me understand you clear- you generally eat very little of meat and animal connected food anyway right? But your health and feeling well is a reason- not spirituality?
Old 20-12-2015, 02:46 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueline
Let me understand you clear- you generally eat very little of meat and animal connected food anyway right? But your health and feeling well is a reason- not spirituality?

I don't eat meat at all anymore. I still use mayonaise occasionally which has eggs in it. But I do months with a bottle of mayonaise.

My health was the primary reason to stop eating meat and it improved my health so much that I don't want to lose that anymore. I suffered from bad digestion and heartburn. Those things disappeared by stopping to eat meat. And when cheese went out I was finally able to lose weight again. So therefore my health is the primary reason to be happy with my plant based diet.

I have been spiritual oriented ever since I was 20 or so. My biggest spiritual development was in my mid 30s. Back then I was a regular meat eater who didn't mind that there were people who didn't eat meat for whatever reason.

Hope that makes things clear for you.

Love is not only about loving animals. It's also about loving your fellow man in whatever stage of evolution he/she is.
God's love surpasses us all and I bow my head to that.
Old 20-12-2015, 03:24 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogenblue
I don't eat meat at all anymore. I still use mayonaise occasionally which has eggs in it. But I do months with a bottle of mayonaise.

My health was the primary reason to stop eating meat and it improved my health so much that I don't want to lose that anymore. I suffered from bad digestion and heartburn. Those things disappeared by stopping to eat meat. And when cheese went out I was finally able to lose weight again. So therefore my health is the primary reason to be happy with my plant based diet.

I have been spiritual oriented ever since I was 20 or so. My biggest spiritual development was in my mid 30s. Back then I was a regular meat eater who didn't mind that there were people who didn't eat meat for whatever reason.

Hope that makes things clear for you.

Love is not only about loving animals. It's also about loving your fellow man in whatever stage of evolution he/she is.
God's love surpasses us all and I bow my head to that.

I see now, thank you for that response. I just wasn't sure about your previous answear.
That is very true what you wrote in the last sentence.
Old 20-12-2015, 04:39 PM
Ascender
when an awakened person eats meat he would have the feeling that it is immoral and lingers one's spiritual progression due to 'Himsa'. It is not possible to experience the true love on everything unless he practices ahimsa and upholds the principle universal ethics.
Old 21-12-2015, 04:07 AM
Ascender
I do more so now days, but it wasn't sudden for me. I never really had cravings for meat after I switched to vegan, but the smell of cooked meat would still have an effect on me. Not so much anymore. I think that part of my brain just took longer to fade out.
Old 21-12-2015, 02:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
That's fundamentally what it's all about. The slaughterhouse and animal exploitation dos not correspond with LOVE.
Ditto!