Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Closed Thread

Old 17-09-2006, 01:02 PM
~Jay~

My method of mediumship

Hi all,

I have been trying to find out if the way I seem to communicate best with the spirit world is a common one, and if it has a name. The reason I've been doing this is because it's not how you would normally expect to contact spirit - i.e. clairvoyantly (seeing them) or clairaudiently (hearing them) - although I do get messages this way too, especially visions....

The way it normally happens with me is I try to tune in to the 'atmosphere' around me to sense spirit are there, and then quieten my mind as much as possible. I then ask a question about me/a situation/another person, and wait for a reply. The reply comes back in my own 'inner voice', although there can be subtle differences to the tone, but I have started to trust the reply as coming from spirit. I have recently been put to the test in my psychic development circle, and found what I receive to be accurate. I have also communicated with a friend's guide in the same way, and when I related the exact words he'd said to me, she said that was definately him, that's precisely the way he talks, and the phrases he would use!

I don't always receive it this way, but it is my main method, for now, at least!

I've done a bit of research, and the nearest description I can relate it to is clairsentience, or 'clear knowing'. Clairsentient mediums sense spirit around them, and pick up the thoughts of spirit in their own mind. They often don't describe themselves as mediums (tho they are!) but call themselves 'sensitives'.

Anyone?
Old 17-09-2006, 01:36 PM
chi chi

interesting method you have there jaycee i just have their thoughts but dont need to tune in i have had other experiences which i have already posted i would love to hear their voices but i know its a matter of time as i am told this will happen soon whats it like hearing? is it like talking to another person next to you or is it like in the distance? hope you dont mind me asking
love chi xxx
Old 17-09-2006, 02:09 PM
~Jay~

Hi Chi Chi,

The hearing part is the least developed, and only normally happens when I'm very relaxed and about to drop off to sleep - although I've had a few meditations interupted too, in the past. The voices have a fast, echoey quality to them, and they say the most bizarre of thing sometimes, lol! Like "put your arm over there" or "Once I found the supermarket...." Sometimes I can't get what they say at all, or will just pick up laughter or something. I try to communicate back, but have only been successful on one occasion. There's definately a distinct quality to the voices, and for me it's normally like they are in the next room or something, although a couple of times I've had them make me jump with how loud they've sounded right next to my ear!

My friend who has much more experience of this than me says I'm probably picking up voices from the astral plane as I'm dropping off to sleep, and if it gets too annoying to ask my guides to help it stop. But so far, I find it a novelty still, although I'm frustrated at only picking up pieces of conversations, rather than the whole lot!
Old 17-09-2006, 02:17 PM
chi chi

thnx jaycee i too have heard my name a couple of times and a dog barking this as only happened when falling asleep but have had fone ringing and someone knocking on the door and that has echoed like in a hoorror movie lol made me wake up with a jump anyway lol think i should have rephrased that lol
love chi xxxx
Old 18-09-2006, 12:45 AM
FRANK789

Perhaps I shouldn't butt in at this point Jaycee, but I have 58 yrs of paranormal experience of just about every kind you could imagine.

Reason I mention it , is that you are really in for some great moments if you chase after the Spirit Life with a passion.................... Some gifting's you will master and they will become part of you. Others may seem to elude you at times and be fruitful at others. A true heart will attract those who are able to help you find your purpose, and fill you with the joy of being a help in this life and for all eternity. Share your heart and your love always, frank
Old 18-09-2006, 12:45 AM
FRANK789

Perhaps I shouldn't butt in at this point Jaycee, but I have 58 yrs of paranormal experience of just about every kind you could imagine.

Reason I mention it , is that you are really in for some great moments if you chase after the Spirit Life with a passion.................... Some gifting's you will master and they will become part of you. Others may seem to elude you at times and be fruitful at others. A true heart will attract those who are able to help you find your purpose, and fill you with the joy of being a help in this life and for all eternity. Share your heart and your love always, frank
Old 18-09-2006, 07:09 PM
~Jay~

Thankyou Frank, and it certainly feels like I've chased after the spirit life with a passion over the past couple of years or more

Wow, 58 years of paranormal experience too.....you must have a fair few interesting stories to tell!
Old 19-09-2006, 01:27 AM
FRANK789

Jaycee, I could tell story's for weeks, but each is for learning and growth.

Knowledge turns to wisdom and wisdom tempers power. To whom much is given, much is required..... Joy and love and Charity give fuel to the the fire.

When the chaff is lovingly burned away, that which remains is forever.

Seek what is true and good and right, and in so doing, the Heavens nor the souls of mankind will deny or restrain you, for against such there is no law.
yours always, frank
Old 19-09-2006, 01:37 AM
FRANK789

Jaycee, I'd be most anxious to hear your story and perhaps you would let us know as you see greater and more wonderful things...

We can all grow together. Thanks for replying to an old man.
Old 25-09-2006, 11:01 AM
psychic sue

Hi Jaycee - although I can see spirit when I meditate alone (with eyes open) when I read for other people, I experience what you seem to. I sort of "feel" their energy rather than see anything (although I do see the aura and odd sparkles). Also I seem to have thoughts overlaid into my head - I open my mouth and words come out and I don't necessarily know where they come from. They seem to be accurate for the people I read for. The trick is to not think about it - just let it flow.

I think it's called Claircogniscence? Perhaps someone more informed can enlighten me?
Closed Thread