Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 13-11-2014, 10:07 AM
Master
The powers of persuasion...

Over the past several days, my mind has been focusing on the theory of bright ideas, insight and/or intuitive capability…

Throughout recent years, I seem to have had odd periods (mostly short lived) of what can only be described as: intervals of unexpected intuition, whereby I could establish worthwhile answers to previously insoluble, questions, without having acquired a single element of irrefutable knowledge and/or understanding relating to such matters… This appears to be some form of instinctive recognition, that comes from nowhere and for no apparent reason…

And yet, I am seriously aware, that there is a purpose, associated with every reason, (and vice versa) albeit such might be inexplicable at a given time…

Therefore, such begs the question; is this (in reality) nothing other than: some form of ‘Channeling’, whereas these thoughts and ideas are not, as previously considered, elements of wisdom, retrieved from the far reaches of the subconscious mind… I’m slowly moving towards the acceptance that the former (channeling proposal) is a forgone conclusion…

At times, when I’ve answered a straightforward question or statement, proposed by another, the words I use have simply flowed off the tips of my fingers, as though they’ve been stored in my mind, ready to be used in an instance… There is no previous correlation of ideas, or appreciation of what needs to be applied, or even how such is; or should be: presented… It simply appears - and in most cases - is accepted in the manner and sense it was suggested…

Might this be an instantaneous and farsighted interaction presented by someone from a past (or even future) era, using me as a means of communication to advise someone, as yet unable to fend for themselves in such instances????

I’m aware that there are many people who channel on a regular basis, even making it known so that they can help others by using such means and I’m sure that on occasions, answers and theories I’ve applied , may well have helped others to take further steps along their avenues of discovery…

How do these thoughts and ideas rest with others, who have similar abilities… What, why, when and where did you become aware of such attributes and how did such abilities manifest themselves to you in the first instance????

Robbie….

Never search for answers. Wait patiently until they are placed before you, which will be when you can unconditionally accept: and live those answers...

Old 14-11-2014, 05:06 PM
Checkmate.

I always had these abilities but as I grew up they also grew stronger. For me its just something that is. It is very confusing sometimes and even unwelcome but it seems I can't really escape this so.

I just try to make sure I am channeling on my own terms. I don't know many people with similar abilities at all so I can't say what they would think, it's not something I talk about openly, just a few people know.

What I can say is that I resonate with your post so you are not alone in feeling this way.
Old 14-11-2014, 05:12 PM
Master
Thanks for your reply Checkmate... It sounds as though you run parallel with my thinking... Good to know there are others who understand the process...

Robbie....

Never search for answers. Wait patiently until they are placed before you, which will be when you can unconditionally accept: and live those answers...

Old 14-11-2014, 09:34 PM
Suspended

It could be channeling, though it could also be a result of a strong connection to source. It might also be that without any outside influences you are coming to the answers on your own r from the sum total of your life's experiences providing you with the knowledge without you being aware you are doing it. It could even be your own soul self providing you with knowledge obtained before your current life. There's not any way to be certain. What is important is that you have a talent, and that this talent can be used in any number of ways. Next time an opportunity arises, you could easily pose this question to yourself, and whatever is causing it will most likely provide you with an answer. No promises though.
Old 14-11-2014, 09:52 PM
Master
An interesting reply Revya, that contains a great deal of acceptable truth...

I can go along with what you say wholeheartedly...

If I'm ever in such a situation it's doubtful if I'd take time to seek out answers, because I get too involved in what I'm doing... It's as though nothing else exists around me and I'm just sort of cocooned in a sphere of energy, that requires my full attention... It's quite strange really, but quite acceptable and I'm very comfortable in my mind when it's all taking place...

Robbie....

Old 19-11-2014, 08:15 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinski78

At times, when I’ve answered a straightforward question or statement, proposed by another, the words I use have simply flowed off the tips of my fingers, as though they’ve been stored in my mind, ready to be used in an instance… There is no previous correlation of ideas, or appreciation of what needs to be applied, or even how such is; or should be: presented… It simply appears - and in most cases - is accepted in the manner and sense it was suggested…

Might this be an instantaneous and farsighted interaction presented by someone from a past (or even future) era, using me as a means of communication to advise someone, as yet unable to fend for themselves in such instances????

Hi Robbie,

Interesting topic with a lot of good questions !

Unique idea your question from the 2nd paragraph above, about the possibility of someone from the past....

anything is possible ...... but I am thinking most likely this isn't so , just my thoughts.

and as for the first paragraph about the words flowing

Quote:
the words I use have simply flowed off the tips of my fingers, as though they’ve been stored in my mind, ready to be used in an instance…

I am thinking more like it is a connection with someone, kind of like one thing leads to another.... say for example if two people are talking about something and something one person says, brings up an idea or topic that connects with the other person.... the words just flow. I know you know what I am talking about and the same goes with poetry .... I have had that happen. When I am talking to someone, or I should say writing .... and there is a line that someone says... that just connects, or I think " that would make a great title or line in a poem " . Then I start writing using that line or thought as an idea and the words just flow with no effort from me at all, it is amazing when that happens !!

When I think of channeling, I think of it being where someone has an ' intention ' to channel someone, a higher self, angels, spirit guides, an entity or whoever else they may want to communicate with. Just my thoughts

Adrienne
Old 19-11-2014, 08:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinski78

Over the past several days, my mind has been focusing on the theory of bright ideas, insight and/or intuitive capability…

Throughout recent years, I seem to have had odd periods (mostly short lived) of what can only be described as: intervals of unexpected intuition, whereby I could establish worthwhile answers to previously insoluble, questions, without having acquired a single element of irrefutable knowledge and/or understanding relating to such matters… This appears to be some form of instinctive recognition, that comes from nowhere and for no apparent reason…

And yet, I am seriously aware, that there is a purpose, associated with every reason, (and vice versa) albeit such might be inexplicable at a given time…

Therefore, such begs the question; is this (in reality) nothing other than: some form of ‘Channeling’, whereas these thoughts and ideas are not, as previously considered, elements of wisdom, retrieved from the far reaches of the subconscious mind… I’m slowly moving towards the acceptance that the former (channeling proposal) is a forgone conclusion…

I’m aware that there are many people who channel on a regular basis, even making it known so that they can help others by using such means and I’m sure that on occasions, answers and theories I’ve applied , may well have helped others to take further steps along their avenues of discovery…

How do these thoughts and ideas rest with others, who have similar abilities… What, why, when and where did you become aware of such attributes and how did such abilities manifest themselves to you in the first instance????

Robbie….

I have a saying that I apply in life, which goes, 'the truth is in the listening'. It suggests that this person has no way of telling truths beyond being truthful. I think when a channel succumbs to the belief that what they say is the truth, they become misguided by that belief.

In regards to the listening, there is only what I hear or perceive, and the appropriate response to it, if indeed a response is appropriate at all, which is not to say that I always respond appropriately...

In my case, when someone tells me something, I hear it and I also notice my physical sensations, so my words are just a thought that arises from a sensational experience, and I have no answers for anyone.
Old 19-11-2014, 08:52 AM
Master

Adrienne, what a lovely, in depth reply...

I know exactly what you mean, as if you were sat next to me, drawing a picture, to compliment your thoughts and ideas...

And the way you explain the bouncing factor (i.e. - picking up on something said by another) is so true... Except that I think for that to work to perfection, there needs to be a sort of deep mental connection between two people to get a regular, full effect flowing...
I might be slightly off centre with that suggestion, but it's how I see it at the moment...

I also understand your viewpoint on Channelling...
However, (I know this sounds silly but) I have this video style image running in my mind, of someone, (when I'm in an inspirational mood) with a smile on their face, running poetic thoughts and ides through their mind, and at the same time, they're watching me doing all the writing...
I get that sensation every time the words flow...

Again, how I envisage this type of thing working, is that if someone with a certain mind-set and personality, becomes a spirit, they must still retain that which made them what they were at that time and such can or could manifest it'self when they make contact with the living... As might a mischievous spirit...
Outside of that, I sometimes struggle, or even scrub the whole thing out completely... I wonder if senility is begining to play a part in this anywhere????

Again - thanks for your interesting reply...

Robbie....

Old 19-11-2014, 09:29 AM
Deactivated Account

Thank you Robbie, so nice of you to say ~

lol, the bouncing factor .... ha ha creative way of putting it ! visualizing those thoughts just bouncing back and forth and yes... I do believe you are right in regards to the deep mental connection between the two people, a telepathic connection comes to mind. Not off centre at all on that ......

Certainly not silly on your video image quite a nice thought actually .....

and I think you are right on with your line of thinking ... regarding

Quote:
Again, how I envisage this type of thing working, is that if someone with a certain mind-set and personality, becomes a spirit, they must still retain that which made them what they were at that time and such can or could manifest it'self when they make contact with the living... As might a mischievous spirit...
in fact, I have proof of this being so, with someone I once knew, lol !

Hasn't changed a bit, personality wise

ha ha, I don't believe the senility factor is anywhere close to visiting you yet ! so don't go using that as an excuse, lol !

Adrienne
Old 19-11-2014, 09:38 AM
Master
[quote=Gem]I have a saying that I apply in life, which goes, 'the truth is in the listening'. It suggests that this person has no way of telling truths beyond being truthful. I think when a channel succumbs to the belief that what they say is the truth, they become misguided by that belief.

In regards to the listening, there is only what I hear or perceive, and the appropriate response to it, if indeed a response is appropriate at all, which is not to say that I always respond appropriately...

In my case, when someone tells me something, I hear it and I also notice my physical sensations, so my words are just a thought that arises from a sensational experience, and I have no answers for anyone.[Q]

Hi Gem… Thanks for your reply, although I’m not totally in gear with you on this one...

In your first paragraph, are you implying that if the person channelling, believes that what they are reporting (or writing about) is a truth - then they themselves become misguided???

Also, when you say ‘this person’ - who might you be referring to??? The one doing the channeling - i.e. the person doing the automatic style writing???

In the last paragraph, are you suggesting that whatever you hear, or become aware of, within that information, there are no answers to or for anyone - other than yourself maybe???

Would you mind clarifying those points for me please… I’m trying to get a clear picture in my mind, regarding what you are implying…

Regards…

Robbie….