Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 04-02-2018, 03:02 AM
Master
Moon Phases and Gardening

Hi.

I am not sure how many Wiccans here at SF garden or follow moon phases during planting at all.

I have a question in regards to this if anyone is able to answer.

Is anyone Wiccan here aware at all of how solar eclipses affect growing, or whether or not there are Wiccans whom specify whether it is a good time for planting or not?

I realize many do say to start on either a full or new moon. I am currently faced with a decision either to start growing February the 15th during the eclipse indoors or March first indoors during the full moon.

Any advice, suggestions, information , or thoughts on this appreciated.

Edit: I have actually found that a solar eclipse happens as I read from a source only on a new moon so would be considered a new moon day indeed. This helps with the decision process, but please if any would like feel free to add your own experiences with and information about moon phases and planting if you wish. Thank you.

Blessings.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:10 PM
Seeker

It’s a hard question to answer as you haven’t given any detail of what you wish to plant. Are you planting from seed or is it a seedling or a mature plant? Where are you planting it - for example, have you checked whether it’s a full sun plant, a semi shade, full shade, marginal or fully submerged water plant for example. What is the purpose of the plant? Do you intend harvesting it under a full moon?

Mostly I’d say trust your instincts. For me it’s about intent rather than action although actions help signal intent through aiding concentration iyswim.

It’s still winter in the uk and I’m itching to do more that tidy up the garden.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:41 AM
Master
Hi. Thank you for your response, for the moon phases and growing by moon phase I have plans to grow marigolds and forget me nots indoors, weather shouldn't affect too badly starting indoors, then if they do take and I can get some plantlets, I plan to transplant them out of doors after the last frost in April, along with lettuce, cucumbers, and assorted orange, red and yellow bell peppers for veggies for Summer (Late possibly) salad.

Therefore I intend to grow the flowers indoors in plant pots and the vegetables out of doors in the ground after the last frost- easier to plant the veggies in the outdoor soil itself imo, and the flowers in potting soil indoors.

You have helped answered my question, so thank you very much 1Eris, I intend to start the flowers during the last full moon of winter which as far as I know is March 1st this year, so around March 1st instead of the eclipse on Feb 15th. I have other plans for the eclipse.

Thank you again.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:39 AM
Master

The waxing moon during the rise of Aries could also be seen as a powerful phase; as the spring enters while the moon is growing on the sky Have fun, and I have heard that in ancient times one would ask mother nature (and her children) for the blessings, and for advice and maybe ever permission to plant? But agree follow your instincts they seem to be strong
Old 05-02-2018, 10:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
The waxing moon during the rise of Aries could also be seen as a powerful phase; as the spring enters while the moon is growing on the sky Have fun, and I have heard that in ancient times one would ask mother nature (and her children) for the blessings, and for advice and maybe ever permission to plant? But agree follow your instincts they seem to be strong

I have the feelings coming up for me, that with March 1st and wanting to start early indoors with the flowers, it is perhaps a better time as it is not too very early and not too very late.

Also the last full moon of winter is sometimes called a Crow Moon among other things, and I often have an abundance of crows around here that take roosts somewhere about, who caw outside my window many days, I feel as if it has more of a personal meaning for me this date, instead of the partial eclipse.

You have said something which has reminded me of something, where you spoke of asking permission, I have a small vial or lidded bottle with Tobacco in it for offering on occasions such as something like this, so perhaps an offering and gratitude permission ceremony would be appropriate.

Thank you for responding Melahin.
Old 05-02-2018, 06:54 PM
Experiencer

I think if you look up Biodynamic Agriculture you may find something useful in the concept. It was formulated by Rudolph Steiner and I vaguely remember that its got to do with planting according to astrological phases/patterns and moon phases