Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 27-07-2011, 04:03 AM
mattie

2 Problematic Passages

There were many things I agreed w/ in this but found the following 2 things problematic.

‘Your personal mind cannot know God.’

Yes we can. Anti-mind. Promotes distance between us & the energies we call God. Continues that we are lesser to God’s magnificence.

‘It cannot be corrupted by human interference. Human interference can only mislead the perceiver, but the essence of God's work is beyond human contamination and beyond the contamination of any race anywhere in the Greater Community.’

VERY Anti-human. This one gave me major pause w/ a BIG Say What w/ 'inteference.' Again creates major distance between us & God.

All of these ideas run really deep in religion. While this may be a bit closer to organized religion than my POV it is also a substantial move away from organized religion w/ much of what was discussed.
Old 31-07-2011, 11:08 PM
HallowsEve

This has deeply interested me.. I think I will look into it further and reply when I know more about it in depth. Thank-you for sharing
Old 08-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepspractice
For over 20 years, Marshall Vian Summers has lived in Boulder, Colorado, quietly receiving and writing what he claims is a new message from God. Now, a community of vocal believers is growing up around him, both in Colorado and around the world. Many of them believe Summers is God's chosen messenger for our time and consider the 8,700 pages of "sacred texts" he has received to be the foundation of a new world religion.
Have you heard of him? The new message states it offers a path out of the darkness of separation, a path to a new life in service to the human family at a critical time in history. He is likened to other great messengers like Buddha, Mohammed and Jesus...What do you think?

i hear many say we are a cult,(jws), ignoring the fact the we constantly say and prove we follow only ONE man...Jesus. seems like a beginning of a cult to me, if people are planning on following him. he can be compare to buddha and mohammed. but there's NO comparison to Jesus. does he worship the Father,and does his will,as Jesus said he does?.(John 5:30 -I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me).

does he tell ALL to do the same,IF we want to be seen as Jesus spiritual family", (Matt.12:50-For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother). sorry but Jesus,( since many believes he's the Father), wouldn't send ANYONE a message, if they refuse to follow him. and let others believe he's so special, that God would use him in such a way. we don't need another Messiah ,Jehovah already gave that job to Jesus.

he can ONLY be like the many before Jesus,during Jesus,and after Jesus. which is to be a servant of the God of Israel,(Jehovah), and a follower of Jesus. and to bring many people to the truth knowledge of himself,(God). so in short he,as like many who claim to get a message from "god". in reality are recieving messages from satan. if any say satan don't send messages that would seem of god/Jehovah. God's word's show he does....

(1). satan use trickery, (Ephe.6:11 -Put on the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles,(tricks), of the devil).

(2). just like during Jesus day,before and now. satan has many ministers fooling those who refuse to serve the God of Israel,(2Cor.11:13-15, For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an Angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works). peace
Old 05-09-2011, 06:51 AM
A. Consumer

There is a lot of stuff on him on the internet

I am sure he has his followers. I follow The Prophet of Life. He is not as well known and, in fact, no one actually knows his real identity but his book Revelations of 2012 has a lot of revelations I never heard of before including a linking of the 5 major prophets. A lot of things in there answer a lot of religious mysteries that I have asked people of various faiths to explain and they never can.