Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 07-02-2020, 05:02 PM
Master

Ten Rules for Being Human

This list of rules for “being human” has been around for a long time . . . it’s original nine rules having been uncovered on an ancient Sanskrit document. The tenth rule was added by Dr. Charles Carter-Scott. The reason for adding the tenth rule is unclear but the rule certainly applies nonetheless.

Rule One . . . You will receive a body. You may love it or hate it, but it will be yours
for the duration of your life on Earth.

Rule Two . . . You will be presented with lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called 'life.'
Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons.
You may like the lessons or hate them, but you have designed them as part of your curriculum.

Rule Three . . . There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of experimentation, a series of trials, errors, and occasional victories.
The failed experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiments that work.

Rule Four . . . A lesson is repeated until learned. Lessons will be repeated to you in various forms until you have learned them.
When you have learned them, you can then go on to the next lesson.

Rule Five . . . Learning does not end. There is no part of life that does not contain lessons.
If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.

Rule Six: . . . ‘There' is no better than 'here'. When your 'there' has become a 'here,' you will simply obtain a 'there'
that will look better to you than your present 'here'.

Rule Seven . . . Others are only mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless
it reflects something you love or hate about yourself.

Rule Eight . . . What you make of your life is up to you.
You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you.

Rule Nine . . . Your answers lie inside of you. A
ll you need to do is look, listen, and trust.

Rule Ten . . . You will forget all of this at birth.
You can remember it if you want by unravelling the double helix of inner knowing.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 07-02-2020, 06:29 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Looks like the attribution to an ancient Sanskrit document is a myth.

https://upliftconnect.com/10-rules-for-being-human/

"Adaptations of this list have been widely-circulated online as the 9 Rules for Being Human (Handed Down from Ancient Sanskrit) however the original source is actually Chérie Carter-Scott, a corporate trainer and consultant, who composed the list which she named The Ten Rules for Being Human for or one of her workshops several years ago."

If the Rishis did have rules for life they would have been very simple. Matter of fact they did and that's the message repeated over and over again throughout the Upanishads.

1 - You are not the body.
2 - You are not the mind.
3 - You are awareness.
Old 08-02-2020, 10:26 AM
Master
Some humans won't make it past 5 years of age.
Old 08-02-2020, 03:34 PM
Master

JASG . . .

There is always the option of trying to see the gain in everything around me . . . for myself or for another. Whether nine rules or ten . . . Sanskrit or Carter-Scott . . . these “rules” have been shared by millions . . . especially through the Chicken Soup books, Reader’s Digest, and other manuscripts.

I try to view from a more broad perspective. There are days when I slip and begin to view from a more narrow and exceptive position but I try to become aware of and correct that as quickly as I can. I could see value and usefulness in the message no matter where it came from . . . for myself as a reminder . . . and for others perhaps to learn from.

I acknowledge your passion to censor. There are links that say it is quite old . . . and others to the opposite. I wouldn’t care if I found this in a fortune cookie . . . ( altho that would be one monster of a fortune cookie ) ( HeH ) . . . the message has potential interest no matter what. That is one point about the internet . . . one can find “links” for or against most anything one can imagine. There is always someone to say Yay or Nay . . . which simply returns the choice to the individual.

I wish you well.
Old 09-02-2020, 11:31 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
I acknowledge your passion to censor.

My passion is for truth. Isn't that the purpose of spirituality?

If Chérie rules carry power they don't need to be attributed to ancient wisdom and in the process lessening both her words and ancient wisdom.
Old 09-02-2020, 01:25 PM
Deactivated Account
You will be presented with lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called 'life.'
Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons.
You may like the lessons or hate them, but you have designed them as part of your curriculum.

Meanwhile: good people die or suffer terrible illnesses while all the scum live a long, happy life. I hope the director of this so-called ''school'' will be put on trial for corruption, abuse, torture, and most importantly, crimes against humanity.
Old 09-02-2020, 02:13 PM
hazada guess

There are only 2 rules I follow..........

1,Persue happiness
2Follow your inner voice.

When Cannot do either,I know my life is coming to an end.
Old 09-02-2020, 07:32 PM
Seeker

zorkchop:

I love this! Thank you so much for posting the rules, i feel like I really needed to read them right now :)