Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 01-12-2019, 08:40 AM
Knower

But then again, there are people who consider this physical life their only one, and on top of that some people don't want to experience more than this physical life, so what will happen to them in this case? Will they be forced?
Old 01-12-2019, 06:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundJohnstone
But then again, there are people who consider this physical life their only one, and on top of that some people don't want to experience more than this physical life, so what will happen to them in this case? Will they be forced?

No forcing is necessary.This is the perspective of the personality, which is only a temporary existence. Personality may not see the bigger picture and may be reluctant to be reborn into the limitations of physical existence. But it is not the personality which is reborn.

For those of us who accept the Soul as consciousness as our real Self then this life is one of many, part of an ongoing evolution of consciousness. The Soul chooses to incarnate and undergo whatever experiences are necessary. The Soul is not touched by the experiences of personality - it is simply the observer, but it can still absorb the lessons of such experiences. The technicalities of how this happens is beyond a brief reply.

Peace
Old 05-12-2019, 04:23 PM
hazada guess

The way I look at death is a release from this heavy earthly body to a place with many opportunities.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:06 AM
Ascender
For me, death happens all the time but we end up switching to another reality
Death isn't the end.
There are millions if not more parallel realities where you are living, where your consciousness would simply go to that existence instead of experiencing "death"
Old 07-12-2019, 02:16 PM
Knower

For this woman, she was not even aware/conscious (please see below), nothing happened? Why?

Is this proof that consciousness/awareness is brain generated and that death might be final?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/scien...cardiac-arrest

Life after death: Audrey suffered the longest cardiac arrest ever recorded in Spain
“Given there are practically no cases of people who have had their heart stop for so long and been revived.”

For those hoping to learn about life after death, Mrs Schoeman unfortunately said she had no memory of the six hours.

She said: “I didn’t really know what was going on in my first day or two that I woke up in intensive care.

“But, since then, I’ve been trying to read more, obviously learning more about hypothermia and it feels really incredible that I survived it."

Last edited by EdmundJohnstone : 07-12-2019 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 05:05 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
For this woman, she was not even aware/conscious (please see below), nothing happened? Why?

Is this proof that consciousness/awareness is brain generated and that death might be final?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/scien...cardiac-arrest

Life after death: Audrey suffered the longest cardiac arrest ever recorded in Spain
“Given there are practically no cases of people who have had their heart stop for so long and been revived.”

For those hoping to learn about life after death, Mrs Schoeman unfortunately said she had no memory of the six hours.

She said: “I didn’t really know what was going on in my first day or two that I woke up in intensive care.

“But, since then, I’ve been trying to read more, obviously learning more about hypothermia and it feels really incredible that I survived it."

I saw that article.My take on it is that she had Hypothermia so her body was preserved Her soul did not depart as the body was preserved through the cold.When it thawed out,her body wasn't damaged.(I might be wrong).
Old 07-12-2019, 06:53 PM
Master

Quote:

The absence of any conscious memory does not prove that nothing happened. She may simply have been unable to bring back such memories into conscious waking life.

Peace
Old 11-12-2019, 07:40 PM
Newbie ;)

I love this death topic, For me, We all have experienced it. think about it, you have been dead billions of years before you were born. You didn't exist and that's the same as where we are all going. You won't exist again. Well, maybe not too soon.

We are the universe
Old 31-01-2020, 11:48 AM
Seeker
What is Death?

I've described death as 'a moment'. Death is a milestone; a demarcation point.

What makes the most sense to me is people don't fear death... They fear the painful buildup before the moment and the inability to know anything about what's beyond the veil.

I am indifferent toward death and desperately looking forward to the return to what is a higher vibration state. This hulking meat sack isn't for me, but I'm getting more than I anticipated from this life. And it rocks; so when the moment comes, I'll wistfully release the loose grip on this world and embrace the next, happy to report I completed the goal.

Namaste fellow travelers.
Old 31-01-2020, 12:28 PM
Deactivated Account
To me, death means salvation from this nonsensical planet and it's overly annoying inhabitants. What happens after that I don't know, but I assume almost anywhere better than being stuck here. I'm tempted to jump after another baby Yoda recommended merchandise.