Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 20-04-2017, 08:46 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylospring20
Hello Fremen, Are there any boundaries I should be careful of, and things I should be weary of, especially with Morrigan? I've always liked crows and Ravens, especially Ravens as they've been my favourite bird. How exactly may I commune with them? They always seem to be around me most of the time when birds are here, yet if I go towards them they stay away or fly away, even when I'm still what I'd guess is a good distance.

I've not worked with that being, so any pointers I'd offer would be generally applicable. Boundaries are useful in any relationship, right? So think of it as entering into a relationship and be yourself.

In my experience, working with guides or denizens requires patience. If you are in a place with crows, consider sitting among them, meditate and reach out to them with your mind - gently, respectfully. Bring them offerings like bits of fish and talk to them, be clear about your intentions. If you are not near them, do the same thing in your space. Answers may come in dreams or right there in the moment. Give yourself practical goals and be consistent. It will demonstrate your willingness to connect.

The answers you receive may be unsettling, considering the persona of The Morrigan, but you can run anything that comes up by the people here, I bet, and receive help. My intuition tells me that resonating with her might have health consequences that a person would need to mitigate in order to receive the benefits.
Old 21-04-2017, 12:59 PM
Knower

I don’t feel the Morrigan is any worse or harder to work with then any other God or Goddess. If that’s who you’re drawn to there’s usually a reason for it.
Just as a bird is drawn to roost in a tree or a cat is forever sleeping too close for comfort.
There’s a reason, a resonating feeling that we seek “for ourselves” from that God or Goddess.

In the Morrigans case because she’s written with a somewhat bad reputation, a lot tend to think that’s it - and the be-all-end-all, of her.
When in fact seen in another light, despite her darkness and bleak sounding personality, Morrigan is actually a very worthy contact.

Yeah, she’s brutal. She slays and fights and kills, and gets involved with wars and thrives on death. She’s a warrior. She’s a protector at all costs. She’s hard-headed, blunt, a total b*tch at times, and to top it all off she’ll even relish in the blood of her slaughtered.
Obviously it was hard work!

But beside you – She’ll stand through everything.
The Morrigan has the strengths needed to guide you, to help you stay strong in the face of war. Whatever life throws at you, her persona will become you.
Therefore, you can overcome anything.

It’s also a shame that her softer side is not revealed. She is soft, just not often. She knows love. She felt love. She’s not immune to love. She just chooses to not feel it because of hurt, a broken heart.
And... most men/women have experienced some sort of heartbreak.
Why would she be any different?

So when you read about her as being hard and brutal and everything heartless, always remember why, and when you work with her she’ll reciprocate with you a little softer if she can sense your genuine understanding.
She is still tough even at the best of times, but still very workable.
Old 26-04-2017, 01:11 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige Ignited
I don’t feel the Morrigan is any worse or harder to work with then any other God or Goddess. If that’s who you’re drawn to there’s usually a reason for it.
Just as a bird is drawn to roost in a tree or a cat is forever sleeping too close for comfort.
There’s a reason, a resonating feeling that we seek “for ourselves” from that God or Goddess.

In the Morrigans case because she’s written with a somewhat bad reputation, a lot tend to think that’s it - and the be-all-end-all, of her.
When in fact seen in another light, despite her darkness and bleak sounding personality, Morrigan is actually a very worthy contact.

Yeah, she’s brutal. She slays and fights and kills, and gets involved with wars and thrives on death. She’s a warrior. She’s a protector at all costs. She’s hard-headed, blunt, a total b*tch at times, and to top it all off she’ll even relish in the blood of her slaughtered.
Obviously it was hard work!

But beside you – She’ll stand through everything.
The Morrigan has the strengths needed to guide you, to help you stay strong in the face of war. Whatever life throws at you, her persona will become you.
Therefore, you can overcome anything.

It’s also a shame that her softer side is not revealed. She is soft, just not often. She knows love. She felt love. She’s not immune to love. She just chooses to not feel it because of hurt, a broken heart.
And... most men/women have experienced some sort of heartbreak.
Why would she be any different?

So when you read about her as being hard and brutal and everything heartless, always remember why, and when you work with her she’ll reciprocate with you a little softer if she can sense your genuine understanding.
She is still tough even at the best of times, but still very workable.

Of course I will remember that she has a soft side always. And to be honest, I portray myself naturally in a strong way to keep others away from me or when I'm irritated, I wasn't like that in my youth, heartbreak had changed me, I have a violent composure, but inside I'm something else entirely. Just the same, there are times where I do open up though it's hardly seen or spoken. When I had learned about this side of her being hidden, I could sympathise with her. It sucks to have your heart break.
Old 29-04-2017, 05:26 PM
Suspended
Gee, I dunno. How do you contact your friends? Use a phone number or mail them something.

I'm not going to tell you not to do things, nor will I criticize. If this is your calling you will find out. If this is NOT your calling you're definitely going to find out.
Old 13-05-2017, 07:08 PM
Master
I don't know how to contact The Morrigan even though I sense Her calling me. I did a bit of research to find out more about Her. It was quite revealing as I came across Her role in battle, prophecy, protector of land and even as a healer. There's certainly a lot more to Her then meets the eye.

She is also associated with the lunar cycles. Most people think of Her as maiden, mother and crone to which I don't subscribe as there's no historical foundation to support that.

I read an article which may be of interest to you:

www.druidry.org/library/gods-goddesses/morrigan

The article is written by a member of OBOD (Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids).

Wishing you all the best on your spiritual journey.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 01-11-2017, 03:41 PM
Master
dnt no...............

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 22-01-2018, 01:00 AM
Newbie ;)

If you're called to The Morrigan, then so be it.
:) <3
Old 12-03-2018, 01:08 AM
Pathfinder

I've recently been trying to connect with Morrigan to do some Shadow Work. I have meditated with her in mind. I have written to her. I speak to her through out the day. I also have done simple rituals. From my perspective she will show up in subtle ways. Whenever I have a feeling as if I am being tested in life, in a roundabout way it seems to be her doing. In my case usually to teach me about desire and to be grateful for what I have.
Old 12-03-2018, 04:47 PM
Lepus

Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostintheLore
I've recently been trying to connect with Morrigan to do some Shadow Work. I have meditated with her in mind. I have written to her. I speak to her through out the day. I also have done simple rituals. From my perspective she will show up in subtle ways. Whenever I have a feeling as if I am being tested in life, in a roundabout way it seems to be her doing. In my case usually to teach me about desire and to be grateful for what I have.

This is exactly what I'm going through with Hecate; I've written her a letter asking her to be in my life, I'm willing to be her devotee and call her my Goddess. She might have given me signs such as owls, but that can be any other deity associated with owls, I recall having dog dreams which are sacred to Hecate. The dog in my dreams is a familiar of mine, not sure if this was a sign from Hecate, nevertheless these subtle messages are not enough to guarrantee whether Hecate is willing to be a part of my life. I might try meditation and speak to her and be more aware of my surroundings for any signs. Just like you, I feel like I'm being tested in life and possibly need to get through these obstacles on my own for now.

Lepus
Old 26-05-2019, 12:15 PM
Newbie ;)

I am a dedicant of The Morrigan. Normally she approaches you not the other way around. Look for signs such as corvids. Look deeper at the challenges you have or are facing. Look into your dreams, she often connects to people via that channel. She is the Nightmare Queen, the Great Queen, the Phantom Queen. Her lore has become corrupted over the years. There are some great books and lots more not great books written about her.

If you are serious about working with her I suggest you make a contract with her. She will keep her end of the bargain but you must keep yours. She is not a goddess that you can just pick up and put down. Once you dedicate to her its the long road. However she can and will pick you up and drop you down. I love being one of her Priestesses, and see her for what she is. She is connected to death but is not death ( the Irish have their own god for that that). She is of sovereignty, of battle and of the land. She is the frenzy.

See Lora O'Brien for all The Morrigan information that is true too Lore. She also runs great courses and is a Priestess of The Morrigan and is Irish.