Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 06-05-2016, 05:06 PM
Knower
Question Vegan..still breaking out?

Hello,
I been vegan for few months now but i still break out and there are times when i break out Really badly..i thought becoming vegan would mean That my skin would clear up ..and i dont know what may be the issue ..so any suggestions would be welcome..

Thank you
Old 06-05-2016, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator
Spots can be caused by hormonal disturbance, and not always diet.

Do you drink plenty of spring water?

You could also try using organic Aloe Vera juice as a facial toner. Another thing which might help is Myrrh tincture...a few drops in an egg cup full (or less) of water. And use this as a facial toner 3 times a day.
Aloe Vera juice is widely available. Just make sure you get a good pure one. It shouldn't be terribly expensive, and a LOT cheaper in the long run than any cosmetic facial toner.
Rosewater and orange flower water are also very good. I don't know if you can buy these easily any more, but they used to be common, smell beautiful, and very cheap.
Old 13-05-2016, 06:14 AM
Experiencer
If you're still consuming a lot of sugar and caffeine, this can cause flareups as well. I've been reducing my sugar intake and have noticed a marked improvement in my complexion. Try cutting back for a couple days and see if you have a similar response. Also remember to drink plenty of water, to keep your skin hydrated and your blood more capable of carrying white blood cells where they need to go. I know that vegetarians and especially vegans can easily fall into a diet that doesn't have enough nutrients. When I was vegetarian my biggest problem was protein and iron intake, for example. I recommend writing down what you eat for a few days, then reviewing them to see if you're getting high enough amounts of what you need. Here is a link I found that may help you determine the cause and solutions: Veganism and acne

You may also benefit from consuming more immune boosters like ginger and garlic. The way I take ginger is the easiest I know of, and only involves adding half a teaspoon of grated ginger into a mug of hot water once a day. I've found it helps quite a bit.
"Sometimes you will act as an angel to others, perhaps without even realizing it. One day a woman comes up to you and says 'You saved my life'. You look at her astonished, trying to remember the last time you even saw this person before, the meeting meant so little to you at the time. 'Don't you remember? I was standing on the bridge, staring at the water, and you passed and said 'Good morning'."
Old 16-05-2016, 07:29 PM
Knower
It also may be your body is still transitioning and getting adjusted to your new diet. There will be many hormonal changes which will cause you to break out.

With that being said, it may just be hormonal acne as well. Up until the age of 25, (even older in some cases) many people still experience hormonal acne.

also take into account these things: have you washed your pillow cases? dead skin cells from your pillow case can cause you to break out.

drinking enough water?
i found on my vegan diet i felt the need to drink MORE water than I used to (don't drown yourself tho)

do you wash your face every morning and night?
some people do not do this and this causes acne.
Old 23-05-2016, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator
I read the other day that Green Tea is very helpful for acne.
Old 09-08-2018, 06:02 AM
Experiencer

There is a cleansing of the body. Keep eating vegetables and fruits.
Old 09-08-2018, 11:31 PM
Knower

I think when you switch to a cleaner diet it will start to clean your body out of all the garbage that has built up in it over time. And it can cause detox symptoms in the process, and breaking out can be one of those symptoms. Of course that's just one possible cause.

This girl talks about how she cleared up her skin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX-fuHBs33s&t=599s
Old 18-10-2018, 02:59 AM
Guide

You may have an allergy.

Or you could have a weak liver, not saying you do. I do, and I cannot have more than 40grams of fat/day, without breaking out. Now, that said, I have noticed I cannot handle OILS - oils are a CONCENTRATED fat source, even if a good healthy fat.

I will break out REALLY badly, with deep cystic acne. I love cold pressed olive oil, but I only use it once in awhile on a salad.

Some people say that oil cleansing rids them of their acne, it didn't work for me, it made it worse, but it could very likely work for you.

What do you eat? Are you eating whole foods that are Vegan, or Processed foods that are Vegan? People can be junk food Vegans and be over weight, and have terrible skin too.

I can eat whole foods Vegan, and it almost doesn't matter the amount of whole food/healthy fats I eat, I won't gain much or any body fat, or have break outs - if I am working a lot. Getting enough water, and sleep.

It really depends, on so many variables.

I have been told that eating a lot of fat is how I needed to "repair" my liver, but that I must grit and bare my teeth through the break outs.

It takes me about 2.5 months of clean eating, no matter the route, - whole foods, water, healthy fats & no oils to clear up my skin.

Some people are allergic to certain fruits. Also, I cannot have high amounts of fruit, due to the fructose. I get inflammation. I did raw veganism on a high fruit diet for a few years, and well, don't believe everything you hear and see, about your bodies cleansing state, because EVERY/BODY is, different. ;) & people DO & CAN have issue's on certain foods.

If it doesn't work, try something else. There is not one way fits all.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:51 PM
Master
It's said that the skin is essentially the 'third kidney' and when the body has trouble clearing out the toxins and whatnot it uses the skin as an elimination organ, since it basically is. Sharing information about humans being frugivores and a man Dr. Robert Morse with a lot of answers isn't being received well on this forum so I am tempted to not bring it up, but I think it is important and helpful for anyone so that is what I would say to look into. The skin breaking out or having other issues can be a good thing because it shows your body is trying to detoxify, but of course it's much better to have the body functioning properly and able to deal with issues internally and usher them out through other means. Some people are so toxic that they can't even tolerate fruit or raw greens or vegetables and have to start detoxifying on cooked food working their way toward raw. but it depends on your body and how much you can put up with. the herxheimer reaction of healing is well-known. it can be a long journey or a shorter one if you really delve deep, but either way the important thing is to get out more toxicity than you put in. whole foods are important and stay away from processed things of course. watch what you put on your skin or around you in your environment too, I mean even scented candles are usually made with synthetic chemicals which are damaging, while there are essential oils which can be very healing and clearing. You can also try adding essential oils into your beauty and skincare regimen if you don't already. On that subject of essential oils, I also think it is worthwhile to consider other supplements. not vitamins and mineral supplements per se, but more along the line of herbs and specialty things like substances such as chaga tea, shilajit, turmeric and many other spices though those kind of fall under the category of herbs. These things can be life-changing for sure. Do you or have you used any herbs or other supplements, or are there certain ones that speak to you? I mean herbs can even be used topically. there are ones that do certain things of course but since most herbs benefit most people in most situations (not 100% cut & dry, but for the most-part) I like to ask people to consider it intuitively
Old 19-06-2019, 08:30 PM
Seeker

how do you feel when you are eating vegan food? do you feel like it will clear up your skin - do you KNOW that it will? your belief in anything is the power that heals and changes, not necessarily the action itself. namaste, love and light

Quote:
Originally Posted by imawonderer
Hello,
I been vegan for few months now but i still break out and there are times when i break out Really badly..i thought becoming vegan would mean That my skin would clear up ..and i dont know what may be the issue ..so any suggestions would be welcome..

Thank you