Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 09-11-2014, 04:17 PM
Master
telepathy. not just for lunatics anymore

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6115334.html

"Telepathy is the stuff of science fiction. But what if the dystopian futurists were on to something? What if our brains could directly interact with each other, bypassing the need for language? The idea isn't quite so far fetched, according to a recent University of Washington study in which researchers successfully replicated a direct brain-to-brain communication between two people."
Old 05-12-2014, 01:45 PM
Hypnoticalec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6115334.html

"Telepathy is the stuff of science fiction. But what if the dystopian futurists were on to something? What if our brains could directly interact with each other, bypassing the need for language? The idea isn't quite so far fetched, according to a recent University of Washington study in which researchers successfully replicated a direct brain-to-brain communication between two people."
XD DAT title.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:04 PM
Suspended

i think everybody has it. they just choose to hide from people. they could likely as well make you turn gay so watch out you need to protect yourself..
Old 11-12-2014, 01:42 AM
Experiencer
if we can communicate with beings through our mind why not the living

I may have become awakened; I may like you to be become awakened, but that is my thing not your thing. If you are fast asleep and dreaming beautiful dreams, who am I to disturb you? I will wait. I will surround you like a fragrance. And if that fragrance catches you, and if that fragrance brings you out of your sleep, it is ok."
Old 11-12-2014, 03:42 AM
Suspended

though the question can people just be able to look at you and then they automatically connect to you, would you even knowing about it. so they once you start broadcasting they are seeing every bit of your memories and such...
Old 11-12-2014, 03:58 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightCat
if we can communicate with beings through our mind why not the living

We can communicate through our mind with the living
Old 11-12-2014, 05:17 PM
Master
Telepathy is as old as the hills.

It might be new to science, but science is just another exploration into trying to decode the world around us, using only the 5 senses. The Mystics, by whatever name we wish to call them, don't limit themselves to 5 senses to discover and explore the world and existence.

Telepathy is a natural state of communication between animals, plants/trees/crystals and minerals.

We humans however get programmed to not believe in it outside of the "Vulcan mind lock' and so don't experiment with it to discover our own Truth, which is that we too can experience the 'no separation' between sentience. ie telepathy.

In fact the natural world gets used to us being deaf. I've had several tree's, cats and birds be startled that I heard their greeting and responded, and respond with things, like' ....but your human, humans can't hear us...'

As is so often the case science is just discovering what the Mystics have known since before recorded time. For some odd reason we humans tend to disbelieve something until science says 'yes this is true, we have proved it to be so'.
Which is another way to say, we trust strangers before we trust ourselves. Interesting no?
Old 18-12-2014, 03:57 AM
Ascender
Talking

Actually this isn't really telepathy. This quote from the article:

"Here's what happens: One participant, the 'sender,' is hooked to an electroencephalography machine that reads his brain activity and sends electrical pulses via the Internet to the 'receiver,' who has a transcranial magnetic stimulation coil placed near the part of his brain that controls hand movements."

Mystics don't normally use "transcranial magnetic stimulation coil's"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
As is so often the case science is just discovering what the Mystics have known since before recorded time. For some odd reason we humans tend to disbelieve something until science says 'yes this is true, we have proved it to be so'.
Which is another way to say, we trust strangers before we trust ourselves. Interesting no?

It's not so much that science "proves" things (then people feel it's permissible to believe), that makes science so prominent, as it is that science can actually explain and demonstrate how something actually happens. As you mentioned we humans tend to channel most everything through our 5 senses. You used sight and touch as well as spacial orientation in order to navigate your keyboard/monitor to type your response to this thread. 99.9 percent of humans interpret their reality in this way. So in order for most to make sense of their world then this format would need to be addressed.

Science does so, mystics can't.

I've read a good thousand plus books written by mystics and mystic want-a-be's over the years and, when it comes to context, science is really a much better teacher when it get's down to details. Particularly the science of the last decade or so. I've never once seen a mystic talk about microbes and the place they occupy in our lives, while the current science of microbiome is incredibly insightful. Just in my last couple of weeks of reading on the subject is inspiring me to now learn to make probiotic foods and drinks for both health and longevity. When it comes to learning how to heal, I'll take something substantial over energy manipulation any day. The energy thing doesn't fix what was causing the problem in the first place.

Also, if people are responding to science instead of mystics then wouldn't it also make since that souls who want to help others heal would then be born with a drive toward the sciences with this in mind? Wouldn't a frustrated mystic in one life want to go where folks are actually listening in their next run at the theme? All people are light entities living a physical dream, so the scientist, the mystic and those roaming among them are all moving around within a similar plane.

And as to who gets credit, just about every spiritual discipline that caries any weight has among one of their first tenants the letting-go of egotistical concerns. So any true mystic wouldn't care if awareness came about through their efforts or through the assist of science. The primary concern is awareness itself. If science can serve along this path then no harm done. The enlightened mystic wouldn't loose sleep over such credit going elsewhere.
Old 20-12-2014, 06:31 PM
Master
I doubt they do loose any sleep over it.
Old 21-12-2014, 01:42 PM
Master
fer sure "mystics" don't employ electronic enhancement devices in order to facilitate "real telepathy" but so what? the experiment worked and demonstrated that the experience of telepathy isn't necessarily a psychotic delusion or even an experience confined to "mystics" (whatever those are).

i, personally, find scientifically demonstratable confirmation of psi/spiritual phenom to be reassuring.