Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 02-12-2018, 02:00 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
....no words.
Hey there Guthrio

Words are expressions of vibrations, and if the focus is on the words themselves and not the vibrations behind them? Depending on the translation you read -

"The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao"
and then
"The Tao is the Mother of all Things"

So good old Lao Tzu broke his own quote.

Quote:
Tao is Infinite Consciousness....whose ineffability
Sorry, you were saying? Or shall we dance?
Old 02-12-2018, 09:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Hey there Guthrio

Words are expressions of vibrations, and if the focus is on the words themselves and not the vibrations behind them? Depending on the translation you read -

and then

Sorry, you were saying? Or shall we dance?

Greenslade,

...well said!
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 04-12-2018, 01:14 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Greenslade,

...well said!
......no words............
Old 05-12-2018, 07:36 PM
Master

Quote:

and then

Can you clarify why you think Lao Tzu broke his own quote? Surely one can say that all things have their origin in the Tao while recognising that the description is not the reality.

Peace.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:04 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Can you clarify why you think Lao Tzu broke his own quote? Surely one can say that all things have their origin in the Tao while recognising that the description is not the reality.

Peace.
Lao Tzu said - depending on the translation you read - "The Tao that can be told is not the Eternal Tao."

Then he said

"The Tao is the mother of all things,"

so isn't that line telling the Tao? I suppose calling it the Tao in the first place takes it away from being the Eternal Tao, but then the need to communicate comes into the equation so we need to call it something. The question is though, what is the reality? That the Tao is the mother of its own expression and understanding?
Old 03-07-2019, 01:26 PM
Master
THIS JUST IN!

Quote:
Lao Tzu said - depending on the translation you read - "The Tao that can be told is not the Eternal Tao."

Then he said

so isn't that line telling the Tao? I suppose calling it the Tao in the first place takes it away from being the Eternal Tao, but then the need to communicate comes into the equation so we need to call it something. The question is though, what is the reality? That the Tao is the mother of its own expression and understanding?

THIS JUST IN!

....recently overheard in the Hallowed Halls of the Akashic Records:

Lao Tzu, his 3rd eye twinkling in jovial merriment, was overheard to have asked no one in particular,

"Can someone tell me where I can find the Eternal Tao? I seem to have misplaced it somehow, and I've been I-Ching to find it again."

Updates to follow, as they come in...
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 03-07-2019, 05:48 PM
Color

My 2 cents...

I experienced what the Tao was in 1972 after a 5 day fast.
Then, funny, every word of Lao Tzu's book made perfect sense...
I also knew the sound of one hand clapping...what a great few days that was.

You can't 'say it'...as you cannot pronounce The Word, the Holy Name of God-
(ya know the One in Heaven, our Father, whose Name should be hallowed.)
But, we can experience it, feeeeel it...within and without...cuz it permeates everything.
How could a vocal chord and mouth make a sound or a sentence to say what It is...sure, people
imitate It by saying OM....that's, cute.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-07-2019, 07:10 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Turn left at Mars, straight on past Alpha Centauri then have a comfort break in Lyra, tell them I sent you and you'll get a free coffee. Or you could come to the realisation that you're already Home and you've never been anywhere else. As a consolation prize you can stop thinking your not at Home.

Isn't modest judgement a contradiction in terms?

I love it!! The correct answer, and even delivered with a bit of whimsical sarcasm. My work has been done for me.
It is good to be home, but I suppose I should probably clean up a bit, I hardly recognize the place.

Asking how one gets to the spiritual world is like standing in the middle of Paris and asking everyone who passes by, "How do I get to France?"
Old 03-07-2019, 07:20 PM
ketzer

Quote:

Then he said

I don't really see the second line contradicting the first. All things arise from the Tao, but the Tao itself is undefined and undefinable with words or thoughts.

Well, to be honest, I am the Tao, or if you prefer, I am my Tao. Everything I know must first arise within me before I can know it, I am the mother of all things that I know, yet what I am is not knowable. I evad all attempts to define me and my existence can only be inferred from that act of knowing all things (well, not all things, but don't tell my wife I admitted that ).
Old 04-07-2019, 01:24 PM
ImthatIm

In my view you can not miss the Spirit World.

As Spirit is the Living Essence behind and operating in ALL we see(Matter)
and in ALL we can not see or comprehend.

Separate the changeable from the unchangeable.
Does a Tree express the Spirit of a Tiger?
What does the energy expression say of a thing?
When you drink water, do you have a Spiritual experience with it or do you just pay it no mind?
To many people want to start in the Woo Woo Spiritual.
Watch things operate and you will see the Spirit behind it.
Humans have a deceptive practice of saying and doing one thing
with a manipulative Spirit behind it, but it is always revealed to those how watch.