Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 08-06-2018, 12:21 AM
Newbie ;)

Red face I don't know what I'm experiencing

What I read on this subject seems to be contradictory except for a few key notes and my own faith in general has been shaken. This is where I stand and would appreciate input:

I am at the tail end of a "dark night of the soul" where I voluntarily gave up my home to backpack across the coast, and all I had was a blanket. I had to resolve all trauma, and put my inner child to rest. I was a person consumed by rage at the injustices in the world and my thoughts used to cycle, and so I had a tendency to victimize myself (accepting abhorrent treatment thinking I could figure out a fighting strategy). There is no solution, but I am presently isolated from all.

My resolve is now stronger and I am in the process of starting my life over with a cleansed palate. I have read that the purpose of a dark night is to be alone with God and stand from the vantage point where there is no conceptual meaning to anything in life. Day by day, I work to chip away my biases and opinions. Long ago I have abandoned the need to control anything, and the accompanying sense of failure from being swept in the current.

However, for 8 years I felt a spiritual presence in my life which lead me to research the idea of "twin flame", the exact identity of who I have been wrong about twice. I have a person in mind presently but there is no possible way for it to ever manifest as a relationship which I accept - I want thoughts of this person to cease. We don't speak. I felt a catalytic change when I discovered this person that made me silently reassess the person I was. Still, I could be wrong a third time. I don't know anything about twin flames and I could use some guidance (please no links to reading material). How can you be so sure?
Old 08-06-2018, 01:24 AM
traceyacey12

As twin flames are your destiny, I would think (as it was with me) that there would be a relief in meeting this person. It would come after much hardship and after a resolve to claim your life as your own even in the face all the things in the world that make us conform. This isn't something that's said in many twin flame sites, but because a twin flame would cause a tumbling down of your life as your know it (known as ego shedding), you would, I would think, have reached a point where you feel you have tried everything and you're willing to do anything to attain a happy life. For me, I had it with the way I was leading my life and was willing to risk it all to fight the injustices of the world (like you) but then had my twin flame walk in my life. I had no idea that this person (or that it would even be a person that-) would show me another aspect of my life that would not only make me happy but would change the way I viewed everything. I think that's pretty convincing evidence that someone's your twin flame -- makes sense that someone you would give this title to would change your world in a very dramatic way and make you question all the stuff of the material world.

There's also the other stuff: the recognition when you meet, the push and pull, the attraction on all levels and the sense of home with them, which I think are also important criteria.

But if the person isn't your "destiny" like the way I described above, there are other soul connections which, from what I understand, can also be very powerful.

I can't be absolutely sure at this point, but I know what I felt and that's all I can go by.
Old 08-06-2018, 01:58 AM
Newbie ;)

Oh, I forgot to note that I've never met him or spoken to him; I only know of him from afar.

I read that all things are mirrored, I'm not sure where he would be at personally relative to my stance. Does he hide things well? Have the scales balanced? I wouldn't know what to even look for.
Old 08-06-2018, 02:12 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzznoid
Oh, I forgot to note that I've never met him or spoken to him; I only know of him from afar.

I read that all things are mirrored, I'm not sure where he would be at personally relative to my stance. Does he hide things well? Have the scales balanced? I wouldn't know what to even look for.

Of course I would be convinced that a guy I really like is my twin flame, but I'd to think I'm not being delusional. That being said, my twin flame didn't exactly mirror me. We just did a push and pull. He could read me better than anyone I ever met, hence he could trigger me. Everyone's situation is unique but did he do something to you that no one else ever has, maybe triggered you, something?
Old 08-06-2018, 02:15 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
Of course I would be convinced that a guy I really like is my twin flame, but I'd to think I'm not being delusional. That being said, my twin flame didn't exactly mirror me. We just did a push and pull. He could read me better than anyone I ever met, hence he could trigger me. Everyone's situation is unique but did he do something to you that no one else ever has, maybe triggered you, something?

No, like I said I never met him, so I'm highly skeptical and simply can't believe it. When I found this person who he was made me put my own entirety into perspective. I started altogether thinking differently. I think of him often, and I shouldn't.
Old 08-06-2018, 02:19 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
No, like I said I never met him, so I'm highly skeptical and simply can't believe it. When I found this person who he was made me put my own entirety into perspective. I started altogether thinking differently. I think of him often, and I shouldn't.

So what makes you think its him?
Old 08-06-2018, 02:22 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
So what makes you think its him?

I have trouble forgetting about him. I wake up with thoughts of him. There definitely is a spiritual presence in my life and I have a feeling it is willing to lie about it's identity to stay at the forefront of my thoughts. I don't want to be lost in a delusion.
Old 08-06-2018, 02:30 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
I have trouble forgetting about him. I wake up with thoughts of him. There definitely is a spiritual presence in my life and I have a feeling it is willing to lie about it's identity to stay at the forefront of my thoughts. I don't want to be lost in a delusion.

Just speaking from experience, but I had a guy that I could not stop thinking about in my life -- he was not my twin flame. I felt a soul connection to him but when I asked a psychic about him and they told me he was my twin flame, I read the characteristics of a twin flame and determined he wasn't it and sort of just scoffed at the idea. I didn't have a spiritual presence during the time I knew him though -- maybe someone else will log on and can help you with that. I've personally never experienced that.
Old 08-06-2018, 02:59 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:

I'm re-reading this and I see I didn't ask you something that I'm curious about: can you explain the thinking differently altogether? The putting your entirety in perspective?
Old 09-06-2018, 05:48 AM
Newbie ;)

I thought about it overnight and came to the final conclusion that I was wrong, and that if I have a twin flame I won't need to ever question his identity. I'm moving past delusion, and am trying to grow closer to God