Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 21-06-2018, 08:28 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomma
Ah the roll out, that's what it's called? Lol! I sometimes get the sensation when lying in bed that I have turned on my side but then realize that I'm still lying on my back. I was always wondering what that is. Ok so that is a way to exit? Interesting! Next time it happens I will remember this.

I agree, everyone is different and does things their own way, including astral travel, it seems!

It will probably depend on if you experience any signs that astral projection is about to take place. The sensation you described sounds like you were in a meditative state, which is common just prior to sleep and sometimes without intentionally meditating (it's that relaxed, unfocused state when you allow your mind to wander). If you experience other signs that AP is about to occur, plus the feeling of limbs or your physical body being displaced (for lack of a better word), then it can be taken as the 'window of opportunity' to separate.

Do you experience any other sensations when that occurs? Does it happen just prior to falling asleep? These would be telltale signs that projection could be imminent. Although, as I said before, everyone is different, so your signals may differ. But generally, you'll experience at least a few AP sensations and/or signals.
Old 22-06-2018, 05:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerendipityLizard
Shivatar,

Thanks for sharing your personal experience too. I remember having similar dark thoughts, but it was much more different than your experience. There was no AP, but what happened was the same feeling of being showered by love. And the idea of the negative energies I had being totally sucked in by my guides.

I can’t explain much in detail because it was undescribable. It was not a thought or an experience. It was a profound feeling of calmness — a feeling that a thousand years have passed by in minutes. And how I learned that linear time was only a human perspective.

I felt a vision of darkness leaving me, as if these were thorny vines leaving my own spirit. I didn’t want to die from despair, depression, anger, or fear. I wanted to die because of disinterest. I loved being curious. I’ve always loved being filled with wonder in life — in this lifetime and many others in the past. But what’s the point when my own pain is repetitive and nothing new is learned.

I physically broke down and collapsed. But I remember hearing a voice that was making fun of me with the quirkiest insults. I expected that voice to tell me to live and talk about how compassionate she was to me, but no, she teased me in the most playful way possible.

And in that moment, a slight amount of curiosity came over me. I wanted to live to understand what kind of voice would insult a suicidal person at a time like this, and I laughed for a bit. Later I had the energy to get up, and went to watch over the nature around me — as much as the voice liked making crude jokes about nature.

This is not the type of experience I expect a stop from ending my life would be, but that’s why I lived. I still had the idea that I came here on this Earth to learn about absurd ideas like this, and that I still had to share them.

Don’t know why I had the urge to share this to you though, but oh well. My intuition makes me do strange things sometimes after all.

Hello SerendipityLizard,

I can relate to that strange feeling of time distortion. There was one second before my "enlightenment" (if it can be called that) where there was a condensation of memories and thoughts. When I experienced it, it was beyond words and thoughts and feelings, it was just a feeling of acceleration and bright light. But in the weeks afterwards, when I focused on that point my memory would constantly pull new thoughts and experiences from that second. It was like a black hole of memories. I could think on the moment and new thoughts, insights, and other things would arise from the moment. It was like i experienced lifetimes in a single second.

I'm glad you shared your experience with me. Sharing helps us get perspective.

It's very strange how that once we become suicidal everything changes. And how lucky we are for such a safety mechanism to be in place. Without that mechanism I would have never experienced the wonders I did these last 7 years, nor the wonders I will surely experience as I live the rest of my years out.