Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 09-06-2012, 11:04 AM
Master
During Pauls time, and ministry, this got to be a situation wherein Ego interfered. He witnessed a situation where there was no order, no translator. And so he stated to them, that he was glad that he spoke in tongues more than all of them, but, one needs to remember Love is the main emphasis. Then, he wrote out to them the "Love Chapter" of, 1 Corintians 13, saying, "If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels and but have not love, I am but a clanging cymbol, or a sounding brass."
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-1.htm

I believe this writing stemmed from his, "NDE", which he experienced, as described in Acts 14:19.
www.bible.cc/acts/14-19.htm

"19And there came thither certain Jews from Antioch and Iconium, who persuaded the people, and, having stoned Paul, drew him out of the city, supposing he had been dead. 20Howbeit, as the disciples stood round about him, he rose up, and came into the city: and the next day he departed with Barnabas to Derbe."

See- www.nderf.org

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 09-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Mind's Eye

I seen it a lot back in my church days. The sad thing is every time I witnessed it, it was very obvious that it was being faked. I went to a church once where the pastor gave a message in tongues every week before the sermon, and his wife would then interpret what was said... The funny thing was that the pastor made the same sounds and weird words every week, but the interpretation was always different.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Zem

Unfortunately people have been led to believe that if you don't speak in tongues, you don't have the holy spirit. While I believe that speaking in tongues can be EVIDENCE of the holy spirit, I don't believe it is a necessity. Because of this social pressure to "prove" oneself of having the Holy Spirit, the church world is full of fakers who say all the words are just exploding from them with no effort on their part.

I think if people were a bit more humble and said to each other: "let's try speaking in tongues by making noises with our mouths and see how we feel", they would find it a lot more fulfilling. I had a woman on the street once who started kind of freaking out on me because I didn't say if I ever healed someone or not. To her, if I had not healed someone miraculously, then I was not a Christian. What a bunch of bologna!
Old 09-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zem
Unfortunately people have been led to believe that if you don't speak in tongues, you don't have the holy spirit. While I believe that speaking in tongues can be EVIDENCE of the holy spirit, I don't believe it is a necessity. Because of this social pressure to "prove" oneself of having the Holy Spirit, the church world is full of fakers who say all the words are just exploding from them with no effort on their part.

I think if people were a bit more humble and said to each other: "let's try speaking in tongues by making noises with our mouths and see how we feel", they would find it a lot more fulfilling. I had a woman on the street once who started kind of freaking out on me because I didn't say if I ever healed someone or not. To her, if I had not healed someone miraculously, then I was not a Christian. What a bunch of bologna!

And one has to ponder whether she had actually healed anyone herself... Some of those extreme Christians live in serious delusion; never having even witnessed anything supernatural, but claiming everyone has to do some amazing feat to show that the Holy Spirit is with them. You should have asked her to heal you of some minor ailment.. I'm sure you could have come up with a hang nail or something..
Old 17-06-2012, 01:48 AM
S-word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye
And one has to ponder whether she had actually healed anyone herself... Some of those extreme Christians live in serious delusion; never having even witnessed anything supernatural, but claiming everyone has to do some amazing feat to show that the Holy Spirit is with them. You should have asked her to heal you of some minor ailment.. I'm sure you could have come up with a hang nail or something..

Many are they who claim that they have the Holy Spirit and the truth as revealed by the holy spirit. But do they?

Stephen, of who it is said was full of the Holy Spirit, was a newly converted Christian and would have been taught, that after Jesus had been given divine glory by our God, He had ascended to his Father and our Father, to his God and our God, where he, who is now incontestably divine, sits on the right hand of our God, to where he invites his brothers, who like himself, are able to win the victory over the world, to sit with him in the throne of Godhead to all creation, visible and invisible, See Rev 3: 21.

But did Stephen actually see anything? After reading everything that Stephen said, I can’t put faith he anything that he had to say.

Stephen, a Greek speaking Jew, who had been dragged before the Jewish authorities by Saul, in defence of his faith before being stoned to death, stated in acts 7: 4, that it was after Terah HAD DIED that his son Abraham obeyed God’s command and went to live in the land of Canaan. But the record in Genesis makes it plain that after Terah had turned 70 not 75 or 80, he became the father of Abraham, Nahor and Haran, and that Abraham was 75 when he travelled to Canaan, leaving his father with his younger brother “Nahor,” and that his father died 60 years later in the town of Haran at the age of 205.

Stephen ‘s word’s here are seen to be untrue.

Stephen also states in Acts 7: 15-17, that Abraham bought the grave site for Sarah in the land of Shechem from Hamor, whereas Genesis 23: shows that Abraham bought the grave site from Ephron the Hittite at Machpeleh east of Mamre, which is way to the south of Shechem.

Again Stephen’s words are untrue

It is also said by Stephen in the same verses, that Jacob and his sons were buried at Shechem, when in fact, it was only the remains of Joseph which was buried there, see Joshua 24: 32.

Again Stephen’s words are untrue

Jacob and his other sons were buried at Mamre and concerning the buriel of Jacob, it is written in genesis 50: 13, “They carried the body of Jacob to Canaan and buried it in the cave at Machpelah east of Mamre in the field which Abraham had bought from Ephron the Hittite.”

So all I can believe, is that Stephen believed that he saw something as he was being stoned to death. But I also believe that the women, who have said they were raped by aliens, might truly believe that they were, but all I can believe, is that they believed that it had happened to them.

Stephen was neither a teacher nor a preacher, but was a newly converted Greek speaking Jew, and because the widows of this group were being neglected in the daily distribution of funds, he with six others were chosen to handle the finances, and although he was filled with the Holy Spirit, he did not speak the truth because he did not know the truth, for knowing the truth has nothing to do with the blessings of the Holy Spirit.

The world is filled with wonderful people who are a blessing to the communities in which they live, and who are ignorant to the truth of God’s word, (Blessed are they who do not see, and yet believe) these people are not filled with knowledge of the truth that is revealed in scripture, but they, like Stephen, are filled with the love and the power of the Holy Spirit.

Last edited by S-word : 17-06-2012 at 03:17 AM.
Old 17-06-2012, 03:17 AM
Smile

Well, healed another person's ankle..spoke in tongues in a whisper - she didn't know - and inwardly asked the Holy Spirit of God to heal her.
She was.

She just up and says, "You know, when your hand was on my ankle it felt better."
How does it feel now?
"Fine" (After 11 years of pain.)

Then I told her what happened and from now on say,
"My ankle is getting better," And believe it.
(Instead of, "My ankle always hurts.".....Eyeroll.)

Now, it's up to her...the healing happened.
Maintaining it is the thing, as in all healings.

We all can be doing this.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-06-2012, 03:27 AM
S-word

THE HEALER MAN.

He was a travelling western preacher
A healer of renown
He would preach and heal the poor and sick
In every western town.

It was at a local council hall
In a town just north of Bourke
Where many came in search of help
They were broke and out of work.

There he preached his favourite semons
Then he asked if any there
Were sick or otherwise infirmed
And had need of his healing prayer.

Then a lad walked to the pulpit
A young man of Aussie bearing
And he asked the priest if he could help
In someway, with his hearing.

"Step forward son," the preacher said,
And stuck a finger in his ear;
Then chanting his mighty healing prayer
He asked, "Now can you hear?"

"Oh! I can hear you mate," the young bloke said,
"I hear everything you speak,
But the "Hearing" where I needs your help
Don't start .... til late next week.".....By S-word.
Old 17-06-2012, 03:29 AM
Master
This whole idea of speaking in tongues has so many confused, all it means is we speak in a new langue when we are speaking from our inner Being, when we are in a group of people and all understand, then you can say that we are all in one accord, try to speak to someone who has no idea of Oneness, they will not understand you at all.
Old 17-06-2012, 03:49 AM
S-word

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
This whole idea of speaking in tongues has so many confused, all it means is we speak in a new langue when we are speaking from our inner Being, when we are in a group of people and all understand, then you can say that we are all in one accord, try to speak to someone who has no idea of Oneness, they will not understand you at all.

I agree with the idea that when we speak in a strange language while in a state of deep meditation and are floating in the endless ocean of the spirits of man, we speak in the language of the mind to which we have merged within the pool of spirits, either the mind of one of your seemingly dead ancestors, or the mind of one of your, as yet unborn descendants of the far distant future, who has descended into the pool of his indwelling ancestral spirits and merged with your mind.

But I would like to put some of these professed christian babblers to the test, and give to them a written message, and ask them to meditate on the message and babble in their supposed foreign tongue, and I'll bet you a penny to a pinch of pepper that none within their mystic community can translate what I have written, from the babble that will come out of his mouth.
Old 17-06-2012, 03:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-word
I agree with the idea that when we speak in a strange language while in a state of deep meditation and are floating in the endless ocean of the spirits of man, we speak in the language of the mind to which we have merged within the pool of spirits, either the mind of one of your seemingly dead ancestors, or the mind of one of your, as yet unborn descendants of the far distant future, who has descended into the pool of his indwelling ancestral spirits and merged with your mind.

But I would like to put some of these professed christian babblers to the test, and give to them a written message, and ask them to meditate on the message and babble in their supposed foreign tongue, and I'll bet you a penny to a pinch of pepper that none within their mystic community can translate what I have written, from the babble that will come out of his mouth.
No, its just simply talking in a spiritual language, you speak your own langue, but the words are not understood by those who are not where you are, there is nothing mystical about it, there's a lot here who type what they say from that place of so called tongues, and that is all it is.