Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 30-10-2018, 07:43 AM
Master
Christian Magic

Christ, Christianity and Christians all have a certain quality about them which is different to others. It is one of the reasons why I suspect that Christ was not a man...but something greater.

What is this quality? Well it is difficult to describe and I dare say most people would not notice it or would say I am imagining it. However this quality is something like magic. Miracles, Grace, Charisma....they are all descriptive of Christ, Christians and Christianity.

They are qualities which cannot be found anywhere else. Hence my conclusion that Christ is a higher power....He is Divine.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 30-10-2018, 08:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
What is this quality?
Christ is the Universal Consciousness: the consciousness or the mind of God one could say. So that's what that quality is.

Jesus is the eternal soul and human being who united with this Consciousness. As a result, he became a fully-realized individual... achieved union of Self (Jesus) with God-Consciousness (Christ).

An act of the highest alchemical magic, you are correct. And this magic and union is what we are all here to learn and achieve as well.
Old 30-10-2018, 08:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Christ, Christianity and Christians all have a certain quality about them which is different to others. It is one of the reasons why I suspect that Christ was not a man...but something greater.

What is this quality? Well it is difficult to describe and I dare say most people would not notice it or would say I am imagining it. However this quality is something like magic. Miracles, Grace, Charisma....they are all descriptive of Christ, Christians and Christianity.

They are qualities which cannot be found anywhere else. Hence my conclusion that Christ is a higher power....He is Divine.

We can agree to differ on your descriptions of Christianity and Christians, so many atrocities have been commited in their name over time, I wouldn't call it Magic rather Evil...

Ye shall know them by their fruits.... Of course I do understand that some who call themselves Christians are not practicing Christianity that's why actions speak louder than words to me.
Old 30-10-2018, 09:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
We can agree to differ on your descriptions of Christianity and Christians, so many atrocities have been commited in their name over time, I wouldn't call it Magic rather Evil...
The lower-self material-analytical brain gets stuck in thoughts of evil and hate. The higher-self spiritual eye always sees the magic, love and perfection of creation. We all fluctuate between these two modes of awareness, and that's the great self-lesson we're here to understand and learn. I'm generally stuck in the former mode on particularly bad days and/or before my morning coffee.

Caffeine magic.
Old 30-10-2018, 10:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
The lower-self material-analytical brain gets stuck in thoughts of evil and hate. The higher-self spiritual eye always sees the magic, love and perfection of creation. We all fluctuate between these two modes of awareness, and that's the great self-lesson we're here to understand and learn. I'm generally stuck in the former mode on particularly bad days and/or before my morning coffee.

I understand what your saying Baile ( I'm having a coffee now) but regardless we have to see atrocities for what they are, they were committed in the name of Christianity by Christians, not all Christians are love and light that's what I meant. I can see the perfection and magic in Nature but not in all humans, ( Including myself ) Christian or not.
Old 30-10-2018, 10:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I understand what your saying Baile ( I'm having a coffee now) but regardless we have to see atrocities for what they are, they were committed in the name of Christianity by Christians, not all Christians are love and light that's what I meant. I can see the perfection and magic in Nature but not in all humans, ( Including myself ) Christian or not.
Sure, I see all that in you. I guess I'm saying one can honor the thread topic intent by focusing on the magical aspects, rather than pointing out the many acts of human-created evil.
Old 30-10-2018, 10:10 AM
Master
Quote:

I think he was a man, but also the son of God quite literally, and beyond special, I think he was sent from God to try to make a difference in humanity. And in this I think he has sort of succeeded, but also sort of not. As sky said, a lot of atrocities have been committed in His name.

It kind of goes without saying though that he wouldn't have endorsed these atrocities, it was hardly his creed. He was fighting a War to enter the Kingdom of God, not a war on this planet. He wasn't the messiah the Jews were waiting for, he was a messiah fighting to wake people up to his understanding of the Kingdom of God.
Old 30-10-2018, 10:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Sure, I see all that in you. I guess I'm saying one can honor the thread topic intent by focusing on the magical aspects, rather than pointing out the many acts of human-created evil.

Ok, I'll try and focus on the magic
More coffee needed, I need to be a little sweeter.
Old 30-10-2018, 10:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
I think he was a man, but also the son of God quite literally, and beyond special, I think he was sent from God to try to make a difference in humanity. And in this I think he has sort of succeeded, but also sort of not. As sky said, a lot of atrocities have been committed in His name.

It kind of goes without saying though that he wouldn't have endorsed these atrocities, it was hardly his creed. He was fighting a War to enter the Kingdom of God, not a war on this planet. He wasn't the messiah the Jews were waiting for, he was a messiah fighting to wake people up to his understanding of the Kingdom of God.

I personally think that some Christian behavior is an insult to his name, but then I am judging when I shouldn't as I am not perfect either.
Old 30-10-2018, 10:56 AM
Master
Quote:
They are qualities which cannot be found anywhere else.
That's neither accurate nor relevant to the core discussion topic. Is your intent here to discuss Christian magic, or denounce all other religions and spiritual philosophies as inferior?

The fact is every religion and philosophy contains all the qualities you described, including the magical aspects. If you're not willing to see and admit that, then you're not in fact taking part in and embracing those very same qualities you uphold in Christians.