Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-02-2011, 01:20 AM
mac

You can take your lead from the spiritually evolved teachers who have given guidance on this matter or listen to forum members....

From the former's perspective we are taught that our etheric body is largely a visual duplicate of the one we currently have inasmuch as we will still be recognisable as our earthly selves BUT the etheric ones will not have any physical faults and will look as our bodies did when we were at our physical, adult prime. (or should have done if something had prevented that happening)

For those who are concerned that they will have no body, or they will have a different appearnce, I hope they will gain reassurance that their fears are unfounded.

As for the solidity of our etheric bodies, again we are taught that they will feel just a solid and 'real' as our present ones - we won't become diaphanous and float around on the breezes!
Old 28-02-2011, 02:00 AM
Master
A quantum physicist will tell you, look under a powerful enough microscope and you will see that the "physical" body is actually energy.

The slower energy vibrates, the more it condenses into something that appears solid.

We are beings of light (consciousness) vibrating energy. We are not the body. The physical body is made up of trillions of beings of light, tiny cells that are living organisms. We inhabit the physical body. In birth, our energy field expands to fit securely inside this body of organisms, and we become identified with it.

Ever had an out of body experience or an NDE? Ever dreamt you were somewhere else when actually your physical body was lying on a bed? Part of you knows this is true. You are not your physical body. It's a suit that you wear, like a space suit, so you can walk around and experience the world of the senses.

When the soul dies, it takes a few days for it to vibrate fast enough to become a little orb of light. During that time it retains that etheric body shape, the outline of the physical body in which it lived whilest on earth.

There's more to this, but this is the "kindergarten" part of the story - the story of our invisible anatomy.

There are many layers of being (beingness)....quantum physics is only beginning to scratch the surface.
Old 28-02-2011, 02:04 AM
Pixies

I believe the only thing we can't do on the other side is have sex.
Old 28-02-2011, 02:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LustRulesTheWorld
I believe the only thing we can't do on the other side is have sex.

It depends what you call having sex. According to people who have been regressed into life between lives by hypnotherapist-author Michael Newton, there is such a thing as sex without physical bodies, in fact more amazing sex than the kind with physical bodies. And of course this kind of experience is what tantric sex aspires to. And those who are enlightened live in a state of bliss - perpetual orgasm beyond anything anyone could imagine.
Old 28-02-2011, 08:41 AM
Pixies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
there is such a thing as sex without physical bodies, in fact more amazing sex than the kind with physical bodies

I can believe in sex there, but not as good as here. I suppose I'll find out some day though.
Old 28-02-2011, 09:11 AM
glenos

I have read that one of the first things to fall away is the penis. You'd better be quick LRTW!
Old 28-02-2011, 09:42 AM
ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
I have read that one of the first things to fall away is the penis. You'd better be quick LRTW!

either that or no balls

good luck

love all
Old 28-02-2011, 11:43 AM
HalfaMan

What Mac said!

I have been told that you are what you want and expect to be when you pass over and can do all and more than you did when here on the earth plain.
No bits fall away, you are you and those already there are themselves as well.
Old 28-02-2011, 12:38 PM
glenos

Silver Birch :- "The astral body goes through a process of rarification. As you appreciate there is no need for certain organs, you gradually find they become atrophied and in the end they disapear.
You must always remember that ours is a mind world, a spirit world where conciousness is king. The mind is enthroned and mind rules. What mind dictates is reality. When you have read of the appearance of those who come from the higher, or inner, planes, do you not find they are described as shining figures radiating light, rather than as having shape? That is because personality has gone. It is because there is less of the bodily expression about them."

Me :- the penis reply was a wind up.

G.
Old 28-02-2011, 02:33 PM
HalfaMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
Silver Birch :- "The astral body goes through a process of rarification. As you appreciate there is no need for certain organs, you gradually find they become atrophied and in the end they disapear.
You must always remember that ours is a mind world, a spirit world where conciousness is king. The mind is enthroned and mind rules. What mind dictates is reality. When you have read of the appearance of those who come from the higher, or inner, planes, do you not find they are described as shining figures radiating light, rather than as having shape? That is because personality has gone. It is because there is less of the bodily expression about them."

Me :- the penis reply was a wind up.

G.

I sometime find SB's words confusing, they (for me) seem to say all things are so and then discredit them later.

LOL yeah I was guessing you were pulling our um legs hope so anyway ahahhaha