Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 09-10-2011, 03:44 PM
RunBear

How to store Oracle Cards

I just bought a angel card deck, there is nothing in the guide book of how to store them. Is it the same as tarot cards? I have my tarot cards wrapped in cotton and placed in a wood box. Thanks
Old 09-10-2011, 05:51 PM
Medium_Laura

I would treat them as tarot cards, since they are a respected Divination tool.
I was taught to wrap them in silk. Also I place a clear quartz in my cedar box or in the silk bag to keep my cards clear.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:53 AM
green

hi Run
store your cards in any way that feels right for you.
cotton, silk, wooden box, any box, on your night table, inside a sock - whatever feels right for you. there aren't any "musts" here only whatever makes you feel good regarding your cards. (same goes with Tarot).

G
Old 11-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Quintessence

I'd agree with Green in that there really are no firm rules. There are traditions and taboos, but following them may not be important to your particular path. If you live in a very humid area, it may be advisable to keep them in an airtight container as the moisture can damage the cards, but other than that, it's up to you.
Old 13-10-2011, 01:38 AM
Adagio11

I keep mine in the box they came in. They travel with me, so a velvet or silk bag won't protect them, and anything bigger would be too cumbersome to put in my "man-bag." Laura is right, though, it is definitely best to respect them no matter how you decide to store them.
Old 13-10-2011, 08:47 AM
green

adagio, you can place some magical symbols on your cards to protect them as well. i do that with the cards that i carry with me all the time.

btw, i think that respecting your cards and protecting them in this or that are 2 different things. locking your cards in boxes doesn't mean you respect them while having them around on your table free doesn't mean disrespect.
and me thinking: it is not the cards that you respect, cards are nothing but cardboard and paint, it is the reality they represent that is to be respected.

G
Old 06-11-2011, 06:11 PM
angelwhispers

i agree with green. store them in what feels right for you. i tried in the beginning to do what every book or person told me to do and i always felt i was doing something wrong. then i let that go and did what felt right for me and it all fell into place. mine stay in the boxes they came in and they work fine for me