Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 29-08-2016, 12:00 AM
Experiencer
What I meant from out of your league is someone whose family is really well off the upper class kind who has several vacation houses and properties while you don't own a single property or anything significant.
Old 29-08-2016, 05:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalTrav
What I meant from out of your league is someone whose family is really well off the upper class kind who has several vacation houses and properties while you don't own a single property or anything significant.

In that case i would prefer someone who is "out of my league." That way i don't have to work. Everyday would be like a vacation.

She could do all the work while i sunbathe in the yard, and plan my next trip.

Old 29-08-2016, 09:38 AM
Lorelyen

It depends how adaptable you are and how you can take on the cultural symbols (well, the behaviour) of the person's milieu. I can speak with some experience of moving into a "different social class" and occasionally having problems.

It's about can you make yourself acceptable in the lifestyle of the person concerned. It isn't just getting on with the person but the class (or culture) itself. Would you feel happy, could you engage at soirées and things? For the young it's sometimes easier though I never did like the glib flippant attitudes of the young I met in the new surround. All very superficial. Thankfully my parents were (as I'd like to think) very much of the 1960s so they didn't much like it either! I think their (adult) friends would sometimes look on me as a decoration about the house... but there it was, they had to introduce me as their foster child and I recall an amount of scepticism, like I'm some wayfaring thing they'd picked up off the street. But both these parents were intelligent people, both businesspeople and they drew me in, no matter what. It helped that I was very happy there. A little while down the line people looked on me as their daughter, I guess.

I sense there were problems with a couple of people from a different sort of background I dated during those days. Occasional doubts arose among family friends.

Last edited by Lorelyen : 29-08-2016 at 10:52 AM. Reason: last line - I was interrupted in orig reply
Old 29-08-2016, 10:54 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
In that case i would prefer someone who is "out of my league." That way i don't have to work. Everyday would be like a vacation.

She could do all the work while i sunbathe in the yard, and plan my next trip.

She would have to work? I doubt it in that sort of milieu
Yard...? Purleeze. It would be a patio or veranda. Or at best "on the estate." You'd really need to polish your social climbing....

Old 29-08-2016, 11:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
She would have to work?

Yes, otherwise i'd have to endure her company 24/7. No, no that can't happen to me. Someone needs to insure income and it can't be me.

Quote:
Purleeze. It would be a patio or veranda. Or at best "on the estate."

Or a private beach on a tropical island.

Quote:
" You'd really need to polish your social climbing....

Or pray that she's desperate.

Old 29-08-2016, 11:57 PM
Master
I don't mind being with a poor dude ocean breeze... what's up ;) j/k j/k
Old 30-08-2016, 12:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar-n-Spice
I don't mind being with a poor dude ocean breeze... what's up ;) j/k j/k

Only hit me up if your rich. If your not rich and don't have a private beach, i'm not talkin to you.
Old 01-09-2016, 04:10 AM
Master
I used to wonder if certain guys that I had crushes on were out of my league (physical appearance wise) . I felt I would never compliment a guy because I truly believed that I was just unattractive. I have to stop thinking those negative thoughts it's not healthy. I believe some people are just on another wave length and you get a vibe from people that either you may connect with them in positive or negative light.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:36 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Eris
Labels don't matter. People do.

My husband grew up in a council house with very little money. I grew up in a house where every solution was to pay someone to sort it out - we had a gardener, decorators, cleaners etc. Socially our upbringings were miles apart. Once I turned 18 however, like every other student, I had to look after myself whilst at university.

We're very happy. I love his friends, they're solid, reliable, and lovely whereas my friendship groups are larger but less intimate, more social acquaintances than true friends. We run a business together now so we're tied in every way - a mortgage, children, a dog and a business. And we still get along. Take a chance.

You must live in England. The only country in the world still with masters and serfs.
Old 12-09-2016, 07:23 PM
Suspended
Guide
I remember hearing about the daughter of the owners of In and Out(food) business marrying some really low class guy, I forgot if he was just a regular worker or what, but he was dirt poor and they fell in love and got married.

I've read more stories that are similar too.

Only problem is, if someone is intentionally trying to 'marry up' or gold dig.