Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 08-09-2016, 04:56 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyray
I keep a large selenite piece in my living room. Never had a single problem with it. And I haven't noticed that it has a tendency for absorbing negative energy. I do cleanse it regularly though.

As for your husband's skeptical attitude, it is hard to say for sure. My opinion is that crystal pick up energy patterns from their environment, including thoughts and emotions, so a possibility for an adverse effect always exists. Either way, have a lot of fun with your selenite.

All crystals require cleansing, even authentic citrine, because regardless of the self-cleansing modalities these crystals have, if they are small, their aura will also be small, and there comes a point of no return when they are unable to cleanse themselves. To put it into perspective, a 75-100 gram crystal, usually has about a foot diameter aura, this aura can be distorted, (preventing self-cleansing), the aura could be overflowing with energetic information, thoughtforms and feelings from everyone that's been close to it.

Cleansing is required for all crystals, but if you have a 100g crystal with a small aura, it will need 10x more cleansing than a 1kg crystal which has a much larger aura, and can withstand a lot more.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:37 PM
Knower
Never wash Selenite in water, it can mess it up I've read
Old 09-09-2016, 02:43 PM
Seeker

wow thank you, great info. Anyone care to share their method for cleansing crystals?
Old 09-09-2016, 04:29 PM
Ascender
I have a singing bowl And cleanse with sound. A few I have put inside while I'm using it others I put on a table and move around them. Then I pop on the window for half hour or so (even ones that shouldn't go in the sun ��) apparently half hour isn't enough to harm any and I find this works well for me and mine so I'm sticking with it!
Old 11-09-2016, 04:07 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudewheresmycrystal
I have a singing bowl And cleanse with sound. A few I have put inside while I'm using it others I put on a table and move around them. Then I pop on the window for half hour or so (even ones that shouldn't go in the sun ��) apparently half hour isn't enough to harm any and I find this works well for me and mine so I'm sticking with it!

Singing bowls are a sound way to clear a crystals vibrations,
btw, bowls that ring in the C note apparently are very effective at clearing negative vibrations. And crystal bowls even more so.
Old 18-09-2016, 11:39 PM
Newbie ;)

Hello , Dancegirl . I as well have never any issues with Selenite . And as far as amplifying negative energy again I 've never had this problem and to be completely honest I don't believe it can happen . The was that I see selenite is that it is pure white light and also because it is one of the only crystals that never need to be cleaned so it will never be affected by negative energy .
Old 20-09-2016, 12:58 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factivist
Singing bowls are a sound way to clear a crystals vibrations,
btw, bowls that ring in the C note apparently are very effective at clearing negative vibrations. And crystal bowls even more so.
Ooh I'll have to get hubby to try and work out what note mine is. Thanks