Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 23-02-2016, 06:13 PM
Master
Being/Energy in my home

wasn't sure where to put this - I put in the paranormal category as well

I wasn't sure where to put this but twice now this has happened:

Above my kitchen sink is a shelf that has 4 rows of 3 hooks. So on these 12 hooks we have coffee cups hanging. The front left coffee cup - (which was a Wizard of Oz mug my mom gave me when I moved away - across the country 5 years ago) began to swing back and forth like a pendulum on its own.

The first time I wasn't sure if I had accidently touched it or not so I didn't think too much of it. The second time - I woke up in the morning, went to the bathroom, and when I walked into the kitchen I saw it swinging back and forth. None of the other mugs were moving and my cat was across the room.

I'm not sure if it is some kind of sign or someone playing tricks on us - we are currently trying to decide if we want to put down roots here or move back across the country.

Since we have moved in we have joked that there is some kind of trickster house-elf who knocks things down, makes things fall off our counters or drops things constantly... I have a troll-cross bracelet and when I wear it I feel like the clumsiness subsides.

-Lord Rama to Laxman
Old 25-02-2016, 12:19 AM
Super Moderator
What do you feel about this 'energy'?
Does it have any feeling attached to it? Do you basically like coming into your home when you have been out and come back?......etc

Could this be someone in the next world trying to get your attention?
For some Souls, it is very important to try to reach their loved ones and grab their attention -any way they can. But of course that wouldn't apply if the basic energy was unpleasant in any way. Our loved ones/family, etc would not cause us unpleasant feelings in our homes.
Old 25-02-2016, 12:51 AM
Master

Depends on how many cups you have on hangers as to if it's a sprite or a spirit ghost LOL.

Could be a draft as well, that only hits the one cup.

My daughter and her partner (wife now :) ) lived in Japan for awhile. They knew they were psychic, and my daugher in law specialized in ghosts. Well, it seems their was a man that haunted that apartment that they were in, and one of his favorite things to do was break their coffee cups. Turns out, in Japan, I think it's the number four that is an unlucky number. They bought (whatever the number was - we'll stick to four for this story) and placed them on the appropriate spot in the kitchen, up above on a ledge. One cup fell down and broke. They repurchased the cup, and it happened again. They didn't catch on until the third time, and then they did their research and found out about the unlucky number and knew they had a ghost. They did manage to communicate with him eventually, briefly, but he was not going anywhere, and did not want to listen to some foreigners tell him to go to the light, he was happy where he was LOL.

So, just saying, it might depend on how many cups are hanging up :)

My house is a sort of highway for fey folk. They don't bother me, but occassionally will make all kinds of noise in the kitchen area if we are up late in the living room. Seems that the middle of the night is there turn to have the front of the house, and they would appreciate it if we were in bed then.

I once woke up in the middle of the night because I heard something outside (my bedroom window is in the front of the house) and I peaked through the blinds and there were two creatures dancing on my lawn. They looked like big bunnies, standing up on their hind legs (like big dog sized bunnies) with long floppy ears and long feet. Strangest thing I have ever seen, and the first (and so far the last) time I have ever seen anything otherworldly. I watched them for at least five minutes, and I couldn't quite reach my husband to wake him up but I didn't want to take my eyes off of them incase they weren't there when I looked back. They did this dance, a circular one, and seemed to be having a good time, like it was their lawn in their frontyard LOL. They never saw me or looked my way...

So, not that this answers any of your question, but it was fun to share :)
Old 25-02-2016, 05:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
What do you feel about this 'energy'?
Does it have any feeling attached to it? Do you basically like coming into your home when you have been out and come back?......etc

Could this be someone in the next world trying to get your attention?
For some Souls, it is very important to try to reach their loved ones and grab their attention -any way they can. But of course that wouldn't apply if the basic energy was unpleasant in any way. Our loved ones/family, etc would not cause us unpleasant feelings in our homes.

Hm....

It doesn't scare me - our building was an old sawmill that was converted into apartments in the 70s. The energy feels like someone is playing tricks on us - like they don't really like people being there and they just do little annoying things to show their distaste... but nothing truly harmful.

I have just broken/dropped more items in the 6 months we have been at this house than I can remember.

The family member thing is plausible -- the mug that keeps moving is a Wizard of Oz mug from my mom - it is her favorite movie and she gave it to me when I moved to remind me that "There's no place like home"
We have been trying to decide if we want to move back to where my parents live or not.

-Lord Rama to Laxman
Old 25-02-2016, 05:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
Depends on how many cups you have on hangers as to if it's a sprite or a spirit ghost LOL.

Could be a draft as well, that only hits the one cup.

My daughter and her partner (wife now :) ) lived in Japan for awhile. They knew they were psychic, and my daugher in law specialized in ghosts. Well, it seems their was a man that haunted that apartment that they were in, and one of his favorite things to do was break their coffee cups. Turns out, in Japan, I think it's the number four that is an unlucky number. They bought (whatever the number was - we'll stick to four for this story) and placed them on the appropriate spot in the kitchen, up above on a ledge. One cup fell down and broke. They repurchased the cup, and it happened again. They didn't catch on until the third time, and then they did their research and found out about the unlucky number and knew they had a ghost. They did manage to communicate with him eventually, briefly, but he was not going anywhere, and did not want to listen to some foreigners tell him to go to the light, he was happy where he was LOL.

So, just saying, it might depend on how many cups are hanging up :)

My house is a sort of highway for fey folk. They don't bother me, but occassionally will make all kinds of noise in the kitchen area if we are up late in the living room. Seems that the middle of the night is there turn to have the front of the house, and they would appreciate it if we were in bed then.

I once woke up in the middle of the night because I heard something outside (my bedroom window is in the front of the house) and I peaked through the blinds and there were two creatures dancing on my lawn. They looked like big bunnies, standing up on their hind legs (like big dog sized bunnies) with long floppy ears and long feet. Strangest thing I have ever seen, and the first (and so far the last) time I have ever seen anything otherworldly. I watched them for at least five minutes, and I couldn't quite reach my husband to wake him up but I didn't want to take my eyes off of them incase they weren't there when I looked back. They did this dance, a circular one, and seemed to be having a good time, like it was their lawn in their frontyard LOL. They never saw me or looked my way...

So, not that this answers any of your question, but it was fun to share :)

Very Interesting...

the cups are like this

o o o o
o o o o
o o o o

and the front left one (bottom left circle) is the one that moves.

Also - no chance of draft as it is winter here in NY and the windows are always shut - and this area of the house is void of any ventilation

-Lord Rama to Laxman
Old 26-02-2016, 01:55 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon_Glow
Very Interesting...

the cups are like this

o o o o
o o o o
o o o o

and the front left one (bottom left circle) is the one that moves.

Also - no chance of draft as it is winter here in NY and the windows are always shut - and this area of the house is void of any ventilation

I wonder if you took one of each cup and left 3 in a row instead of 4, if that would solve your issue. If it does, then you would know you ghost may be Japanese
Old 26-02-2016, 09:43 AM
Seeker

that reminds me of my old closet at my dads house. i had two glass cups stacked on one another and for the longest time it would vibrate. It was sitting on the dresser in the closet and you could hear it making noise as the one on top was clinking on the other one. I purposefully left it there for weeks or months just to see and it would always vibrate..

another time i walked into my room at night and flipped on the light switch.. the light immediately blew up. When i had gotten a back up light on i noticed in my closet a shirt was swinging back and forth. Not drastically, but was still swinging and with reason for it to be swinging ither. I could understand if the fan was on or someone just walked in there, but was no reason. It was scarry bizzar. That on top of a few other weird things that had happened at my house.
Old 26-02-2016, 08:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon_Glow
Hm....

It doesn't scare me - our building was an old sawmill that was converted into apartments in the 70s. The energy feels like someone is playing tricks on us - like they don't really like people being there and they just do little annoying things to show their distaste... but nothing truly harmful.

I have just broken/dropped more items in the 6 months we have been at this house than I can remember.

The family member thing is plausible -- the mug that keeps moving is a Wizard of Oz mug from my mom - it is her favorite movie and she gave it to me when I moved to remind me that "There's no place like home"
We have been trying to decide if we want to move back to where my parents live or not.

the two comments by you--i highlighted--stood out to me :))
Old 26-02-2016, 08:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird
the two comments by you--i highlighted--stood out to me :))

I know..... they live in SW Florida though and Zika is creating a bit of a state of emergency in the surround counties :(

I lived there from the time I was 6 until I was 25... I wanted to leave and have a change of seasons more than anything.

Now I live amongst the foothills of the Catskills in New York State and love the nature and history of the area.

My partner misses Florida a lot though and I feel like he would be happier there...

-Lord Rama to Laxman
Old 26-02-2016, 08:52 PM
Master
Maybe a pro's and con's list would help (?)

All the best with the decision making :))