Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 18-11-2013, 10:57 PM
ramat

BringMeTheHorizon
I used to have lot of questions about after life and purpose of current life till recently. But this book "Journey of Souls" by Dr.Michael Newton who did research about Life between lives from his past life regressions, gave total answers. Please try to read.
Don't think anything negative about yourself or current life. See what you can learn better or how you can be useful to make this world better. There is nothing to worry about after life. GOD is great and we are all his children.
Old 23-11-2013, 07:57 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
as for the pains you feel in your chest are you sufffering from panic attacks.[/color][/size][/font]

Namaste

I'm not sure, but I don't think so. I really don't have much stress at school or at work.
And these pains usually happen after I've had dinner or whenever I'm laying in bed.
And I don't think I'd have a panic attack when I'm just relaxing.
Old 23-11-2013, 11:10 PM
shinenz

I used to get alot of pains in my chest when I was younger, studying and working. Even though I thought i was relaxed, I can reflect now and see I wasn't, I had tremendous worry about all sorts of things... but didn't know that this was causing me any stress/panic at the time. Have you tried any meditation ? Is it easy to get into a meditative state, or difficult...
Old 24-11-2013, 12:16 AM
Dillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramat
BringMeTheHorizon
I used to have lot of questions about after life and purpose of current life till recently. But this book "Journey of Souls" by Dr.Michael Newton who did research about Life between lives from his past life regressions, gave total answers. Please try to read.

they say that hackers can download websites to your computer that you have not visited. (without you knowing when it happened)

Sounds like spirit guides showing you their memories of where they have been and we think we have been there. Go Figure.

you dont believe all the people you meet are your best friends do you?
Old 25-11-2013, 12:55 AM
livingkarma

Emotions/fear can cause uneasiness, anxiety & chest pains ...
Thinking about death too much instead of living life can create this fear ...
Taking time out to clear one's mind is very helpful ...
Old 10-05-2016, 12:19 AM
Newbie ;)

Yes, I, too, believe in an afterlife. I don't fear the evil on the other side as much as I fear the evil on this side. I, too, can't imagine why I signed up for this lifetime other than to burn off some karma or something of the like. I bet they sure had to do some big time persuading to get me to sign on the dotted line for incarnation. I find things here so painful. Most recently, I've accepted that I am a Starseed. That has brought some comfort to my mental distress.
Old 10-05-2016, 12:44 AM
Experiencer

Even in the most basic rudimentary understanding of the issue, If it is like what it was like before we lived in these manifested bodies. The void as I recall it. , It seems quiet inconsequential, That is to say....Not being alive is lesss challenging than being alive. I consider it akin to a well earned rest after a period of toil. I don't even think it to be that Alien to us in our daily life.

I use as an example. That timeless deep dreamless sleep we first plunge into when we go to sleep at night. This is called Delta Brain Wave state .

Delta Brain Waves oscillate between 0 Hz and 4 Hz (cycles per second) and are regarded as the slowest brain waves that humans can produce. They are typically produced during the deep stages of sleep.

0 hz Brain activity is Brain Dead ( No Brain Activity at all )

So if Death is deep timeless sleep in perpetuity. I think it would be quiet an unworrying thing.

I am more worried about the transition from Life to Death and Vice Verse as it would appear that in each respect it involves a degree of physical pain and suffering.
Old 10-05-2016, 02:29 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringMeTheHorizon
I know this is gonna sound weird but it feels like I just don't belong here?

I feel very similar in I often feel extremely out of place in mainstream/modern society...It's difficult for me finding individuals offline whom I resonate with on a deeper level and there are of worldly things I don't really care to get myself involved with energy-wise...I am aware of things, yes, but it's not worth my time/energy getting into certain worldly things...

Quote:
But for some reason, I have this feeling that I'm going to die at a very young age due to a heart attack.

When I was 25 I felt positive I wasn't going to live to be 30...I felt like I was going to die young but didn't know how I was going to die...What transpired for me was experiencing internal changes where by the time I was 30, I was experiencing a different state of awareness/consciousness compared to when I was in my 20s...So in a way I "died" but it was not the kind of death I was expecting...I feel as if I'm continuing to advance, as I feel like I'm experiencing a different/higher level of awareness/spirituality compared to when I was 30, so for me it's an on-going process of soul growth...
Old 10-05-2016, 03:52 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
For the past few years, I've been doing alot of research about death and the afterlife. And it comforts me so much knowing that one day I will die. It's literally on my mind 24/7. I know this is gonna sound weird but it feels like I just don't belong here? Last year I've had a few amazing lucid dreams and some out of body experiences aswell. I was so happy during most of my lucid dreams, it felt like I truly belong there. But I've had a few encounters with shadow persons, aliens, demons and evil entities. So that was basically the main reason why I quit lucid dreaming and astral projecting. So when we die, we go to the astral plane right? I find death and the afterlife so interesting. But it really scares me so much that there are evil entities out there who will try to hurt you once you cross over.

Apparently we all agreed to reincarnate here on earth. What's your opinion about that? Because I think I must have been 'forced' while signing the contract. I honestly just don't like it here. If I ever get the choice again to reincarnate or stay in the afterlife, I will definitely stay in the afterlife. I will never ever come back to earth. And please don't think I'm suicidal, because I'm not. There are still loads of things I want to do here on earth. But for some reason, I have this feeling that I'm going to die at a very young age due to a heart attack. And that also really scares me. The pain you feel before you die. I've read somewhere that right before you're about to die, your soul leaves the body. Just to avoid pain and agony. What do you guys think about that?

English isn't my native language, so I apologize for any spelling or grammar mistakes. Thanks for taking the time to actually read this.

-BringMeTheHorizon

I feel/felt some of the sames things you have. I had a heart attack and with it a NDE 9 years ago. I never did feel like I belong, and after the NDE still don't.

The place where the NDE brought me (and many others who've had them or OBEs) to the understanding that there is no such thing as death. This world we live in is not the reality or permanence of existence. The unbearable pain I went through with my heart attack I'd gladly endure twice as long again to cross over to that place, home. When my consciousness, spirit, soul (whatever) returned to my body right after the NDE, I felt that horrible pain just as severely, but it meant nothing.
The ego makes us fear things if we allow it, and it will only make things worse if we heed it. Try to work on your inner being, let go of fear, forgive yourself and others, learn to love yourself and others, realize that this world isn't what it seems (while we're in it). If you accomplish that I'm sure you'll understand things.

I'm not so sure we incarnate into this life as a lesson, a choice or if simply it's necessary...as maybe like food for consciousness (?). I kinda doubt if anyone really knows for sure, we hear/read so many thoughts on it. I am 100 per cent convinced (because of my NDE) that our consciousness never dies and this life (or any others we've had or will have) is just a flash in the pan of eternity.

Please understand that these are my thoughts because of what I've experienced. Others may have a different point of view, and that's okay because we all have different paths on the road to unconditional love. Sharing can only help us to understand and learn in getting there.
Old 10-05-2016, 12:15 PM
Guide
Quote:
For the past few years, I've been doing alot of research about death and the afterlife. And it comforts me so much knowing that one day I will die. It's literally on my mind 24/7. I know this is gonna sound weird but it feels like I just don't belong here? Last year I've had a few amazing lucid dreams and some out of body experiences aswell. I was so happy during most of my lucid dreams, it felt like I truly belong there. But I've had a few encounters with shadow persons, aliens, demons and evil entities. So that was basically the main reason why I quit lucid dreaming and astral projecting. So when we die, we go to the astral plane right? I find death and the afterlife so interesting. But it really scares me so much that there are evil entities out there who will try to hurt you once you cross over.

Apparently we all agreed to reincarnate here on earth. What's your opinion about that? Because I think I must have been 'forced' while signing the contract. I honestly just don't like it here. If I ever get the choice again to reincarnate or stay in the afterlife, I will definitely stay in the afterlife. I will never ever come back to earth. And please don't think I'm suicidal, because I'm not. There are still loads of things I want to do here on earth. But for some reason, I have this feeling that I'm going to die at a very young age due to a heart attack. And that also really scares me. The pain you feel before you die. I've read somewhere that right before you're about to die, your soul leaves the body. Just to avoid pain and agony. What do you guys think about that?

English isn't my native language, so I apologize for any spelling or grammar mistakes. Thanks for taking the time to actually read this.

-BringMeTheHorizon

I understand completely, and feel the same. Perhaps there are parts of yourself that are needing to die-- symbolically of course. You're young; you are still in a sort of chrysalis. (And the physical body, itself is much like a chrysalis that becomes sloughed off in death)

I don't think all of us are necessarily meant to (nor have any need to) incarnate here repeatedly or dwell in the denser earthlike layers of the astral. Many like to imply that earthly incarnations are the pinnacle of learning and soul development, but I violently disagree with that. (Not trying to be negative; just saying!)

I think it's quite likely that those of us who feel this way are, maybe, still tethered from whatever place we originally came from. One foot there, one foot here on earth. That could cause this sort of restlessness, this wish to leave and not come back, as well as the inexplicable expectation that we will die young (as you mentioned). It is difficult not to endlessly think about death. We still remember it on some level, after all. Maybe it's rooted in a bone-tired exhaustion, and a need to rest spiritually in some quiet, dark, in-between place away from this jarring and heavy plane of existence.

I don't think that you or any of us coming here involved any signing of contracts. Our souls, our yet-to-be-realized inner purpose are mind-bogglingly multifaced and complex. And unfortunately, for whatever godforsaken reason, our conscious and unconscious minds are starkly divided in this reality. (yes, yes, I am sure there's some purpose to it, blah blah blah) For me, it's easier to picture myself a spider or a tree with a web of roots rather than, say, a compact sort of soul/spirit encased within a body like an egg. You may think you are here and only here, but it's more likely that our souls and consciousness can split off unbeknownst to us and do all sorts of things. Lucid dreams and experiences in the astral are only a tiny glimpse of all we do, I believe.

Grounding helps, and connecting with and appreciating the body, and developing a relationship with nature and elemental spirits seems to help. It is awkward having to drag around a flesh vessel all the time, but there are little pockets of magic hidden about, and liminal spaces still untouched by machines which make this place far more bearable.

(I, too have always been convinced I'd die young. I'm 27 now, but I had the most vivid dream-- it felt more like a memory-- of me, in this life, dying between the age of 29 and 31.)