Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 22-02-2015, 12:58 AM
aprilfromnsw

Angel1 So I went to a medium and I have questions

Hi everyone.
So a bit over a year ago I lost my younger brother. I'm very open to tarot card readings, mediums, paranormal, etc. Iv'e missed my brother so much and really wanted to talk to him again.
So last friday I made an appointment to have a tarot card reading with a local medium who I have been to once before and she was very accurate! Anyway I didn't tell Kelly that I lost my younger brother until after she told me that a spirit was coming through with the initial P. My brother's name starts with P. Anyway it was great getting advice from my brother and he even a few time referred to me using my nickname Apes. Which is what both my brothers call me and my father also. I told the medium and my brother that I missed him heaps and he replied that he doesn't miss me cause hes able to visit me whenever he wants but that he know I miss him heaps lol. I also lost another brother when he was only 1 and P referred to him and said he was with him which made me feel very happy.
So I was very happy with being able to reconnect to my brother and the fact that he still has an interest in my life and is still close to me.
But last night I went out to dinner with my mother.
A bit of background on my mother. She is from Northern Ireland and used to be catholic. Now she is a christian and she is very anti tarot card readings and that kind of stuff. So I had to tell my mother I went to a medium and got to speak with P. My mother wasn't angry with me but she did tell me that I wasn't speaking with P but I was speaking to a spirit pretending to be P. She said P is dead and I wont get to talk to him again until I have passed over myself.
So after talking with my mum, I'm left feeling confused. I think my mother is quite brainwashed with her religious views. But then again she put the seed of doubt in my mind. Was I talking to P or was I talking to someone pretending to be him. The spirit I talked to knew all the stuff my brother knew and how my brother didn't have a good relationship with our father the last few years of his life.

So if anyone can please give me their views on this it would be much appreciated. I do believe it was my brother but now im thinking are there spirits out there who pretend to be other people and what would they gain by doing that??
Old 22-02-2015, 01:32 AM
Super Moderator
Hi april.....
It sounds like what you received from the medium was pretty spot-on info. Especially as your nickname was used. I mean -how could the medium have known that?

But there really is only one way to know for sure who you are contacting, and that is what energetic 'signature' do you pick up? That is, the inner feeling or sense of your loved one. It can be quite strong, and it is unmistakable. It is almost like the 'scent' of the loved one. A truly personal signature.

My own thoughts about this are that I would only REALLY know such things as true, when I had felt those things.

I happen to believe that we are all capable of contacts like this, but just believe we aren't, and that's why we turn to others to do it for us. But no-one knows the actual signature of a loved one like you do yourself. It's something that has been with that person all the time you have known them. It is invisible yes, but it is very real. Imagine being deaf and blind -and how you would know someone was with you? You would sense their energy. That's what you're looking for.

Yes of course it is possible for random spirits to pretend to be what they are not. Why? I have no real idea. Attention possibly. I don't know. Or a portal back to this world they are not ready to let go of.
But a true good medium would be aware of such things and would be prepared and protected, I think.

Anyway, yes your mother has a point. And there are some mysteries of the afterlife we cannot know until we also are in Spirit. And that perhaps, we are not meant to know just yet....how can I say?

But meanwhile, cultivate the contact -through love -of the brother you know. True Love cannot ever go wrong. With unconditional love, you may sense his contact yourself. The main thing is -does it feel like him in a subtle sense? Learn to cultivate the subtle sense. I think we are all capable of it through love. Send him your love and your prayers and all the happiest thoughts, fun, joy, good memories. He can handle your natural grieving and some tears maybe (if you still feel those things) so don't worry about that. But always bear his soul in mind before yourself and your troubles.
Old 24-02-2015, 04:59 AM
aprilfromnsw

Thanks for your thoughts Tobi.
I'm quite sure it was my brother but I didn't smell any scent or have any feeling that said yes it's him!. But all the other stuff he said sounded like him.
I think I'm going to try astral travelling because Ive heard when you are doing that you can communicate with people who have crossed over.
Old 24-02-2015, 07:34 PM
Suspended

Mediums and the like can't be trusted, and l'm pretty sure their not as divinely protected as they think they are - far from it. They usually only contact lower astral types who use the discarded astral shells or remnants left behind by the deceased. lts no mystery as to how these entities know your private information - they can read your thoughts. This is the astral world we are talking about, where telepathy is commonplace, and they have all sorts of abilities and powers that most of us here, don't have. lt amazes me how gullible ppl are when it comes to messages from the other side. Some ppl can be told anything (l'm not directing this at anyone here - but there are quite a few). Some entity will come along and say it's our mother, an angel, a guide, an ascended master , jesus etc. etc. and its all swallowed hook, line sinker. A gut-feeling or intuition may not be enough. The best way to contact the dead is either by going there yourself through astral projection, or to ask someone else who is proficient at it. The deceased usually prefer coming to us in dreams. Mediums, channellers and their ilk are best avoided IMO..

Read books like Jurgen Ziewie's 'Multidimensional Man' (been astral projecting for many years), or 'Projections of the consciousness' by Waldo Vieira (projecting since age of seven).
Old 24-02-2015, 08:01 PM
Experiencer
I'll give you some tips so you can rest assured that it was your brother.

First, your mother was right, there are spirits who do pretend to be someone they are not, and they play around like this for fun, spite or any other silly reason. But these entities are low vibration entities which means that the things they say cannot result in high vibration (love, peace, etc). When low vibration entities come through, they say things that make no sense, that leave you sad, that leave you confused. Before you spoke to your mom, how did you feel?

If the medium was spot on the private details, and if you felt happy, if the message was a positive one, if there was a sense of love and peace, that cannot have been the deed of low vibration spirits, because that is not what low vibration spirits want as an outcome. It is completely illogical for mean or naughty people (or spirits) to want others to feel at peace about anything!

Many mediums contact whoever comes through, good or bad. Some mediums have a protective entity which allows only for good to come through. The trick is, you know the tree from the fruits (Matthew 7!). If you get fresh apples, you know it's a good tree. If you get loving, positive, precise information, it's a true, good source. If you get gibberish, it's a bad source. This is a God given method of knowing if what you got was real.

As for your mother, she might be negatively influenced by indoctrination. The fact that she left you confuse means, unfortunately, that she is in a bit of a low vibration, but be patient and understanding with her. She probably means good, but has been led to believe that all medium communication is bad. Now just ask yourself, why would an infinitely loving, just and compassionate God prevent you from getting the loving messages from your brother? Why would He only allow for lower spirits the blessed gift of communication?! Makes no logical sense. ;-)
Old 25-02-2015, 02:05 AM
Master

In aggrement with the others , I dont think any one can be %100 sure of any thing . She could be a gifted psychic , or a fraud cold reading you . You can get a tarot deck and a book or two on them from a new age store and do your own readings .
Old 26-02-2015, 05:51 AM
aprilfromnsw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairyana
I'll give you some tips so you can rest assured that it was your brother.

First, your mother was right, there are spirits who do pretend to be someone they are not, and they play around like this for fun, spite or any other silly reason. But these entities are low vibration entities which means that the things they say cannot result in high vibration (love, peace, etc). When low vibration entities come through, they say things that make no sense, that leave you sad, that leave you confused. Before you spoke to your mom, how did you feel?

If the medium was spot on the private details, and if you felt happy, if the message was a positive one, if there was a sense of love and peace, that cannot have been the deed of low vibration spirits, because that is not what low vibration spirits want as an outcome. It is completely illogical for mean or naughty people (or spirits) to want others to feel at peace about anything!

Many mediums contact whoever comes through, good or bad. Some mediums have a protective entity which allows only for good to come through. The trick is, you know the tree from the fruits (Matthew 7!). If you get fresh apples, you know it's a good tree. If you get loving, positive, precise information, it's a true, good source. If you get gibberish, it's a bad source. This is a God given method of knowing if what you got was real.

As for your mother, she might be negatively influenced by indoctrination. The fact that she left you confuse means, unfortunately, that she is in a bit of a low vibration, but be patient and understanding with her. She probably means good, but has been led to believe that all medium communication is bad. Now just ask yourself, why would an infinitely loving, just and compassionate God prevent you from getting the loving messages from your brother? Why would He only allow for lower spirits the blessed gift of communication?! Makes no logical sense. ;-)

The messages from P were pretty much all positive and a few things he said were like guidance and advice about me and my partner's finances.
I'm about 90% sure that it was P but I might never know for sure.
Thanks everyone for the replies.