Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 24-11-2014, 03:35 AM
yumi14

Astral City: Unconscious suicide & Purgatory

I know a lot of you have seen this movie. It is pretty awesome of a movie.

Anyway, I'm wondering what you all think of unconscious suicide? This is the reason why Andre Luiz ended up suffering terribly in purgatory.

He was basically a good man. But, he did drink, smoke, womanized ( at least in his younger years), didn't always want to perform free medical services to people as shown in one scene at the end of his day, not much of a family man, I suppose, as work took up most of his time. Although he appeared to be dedicated to his family as the provider,etc.

All in all , I see Andre Luiz as a good man, despite his flaws.

So, why was he sent to purgatory? He didn't actually commit suicide, but he was labeled as such. Clarencio in the movie called it an unconscious suicide. All these things wrecked havoc as he internalized things and it destroyed his gastrointestinal system and died as a consequence.

Clarencio mentioned that unconscious suicide is very common that happens to a lot of people. That it is tragic and people end up in purgatory for it.

I would have to say, Chico Xavier is the first medium/channeler that I have opened myself up to. I've never really paid much attention to channelers before. But, this movie opened the door, as he literally wrote over 460 books by channeling. Many of those books with the spirit of Andre Luiz.

What do you all think of the concept of unconscious suicide and purgatory?

I find it hard to wrap my mind around it, especially if people are good. Andre Luiz ended up in a place among what looked to be among murderers, prostitutes, thieves, satanists, etc... He seemed very much out of place there.

I also know Andre Luiz was not much of a believer of God during his lifetime. I suppose this also is why he ended up there.

Anyway, this concept has been on my mind for a while. It seems harsh to me, especially since it was unconscious. I can see conscious decisions being punished in this way, but unconscious ones??

Thanks for listening
Old 24-11-2014, 09:29 AM
Master

I know, I know. I have not seen the movie but am reading the book at the moment and a ton of questions have come up and I sometimes even was wondering if I am going to purgatory. I also read another book lately called the Multidemensional Man by Jeurgen Ziewe and his own mother who was a good person ended up in a very low realm, although not exactly the hell of Andre. She was very depressed before she died. He says a lot of us have to work out our issues in the lower realms before ascending. I think what matters is our vibration and our progress in spirituality. But wherever we end up we DO have to work out our issues and we also die with our diseases which makes sense. People think that once we die we are free of our diseases and are automatically enlightened. This is far from being true. I also have mediumship skills qnd that is what I picked up. We dont change when we die. I am also tring to plave what level André ends up after purgatory. It seems to be a very low level, perhaps linked to the purgatory level although the scenery is peaceful and beautiful. People also look their age there. By the way, i think that Andre must progress very quickly at the time he is in that realm compared to the others. This is a great movie, book to discuss here on this forum.
Old 24-11-2014, 10:47 AM
Master

purgatory was done away with. they no longer teach it. they need to no longer teach about hell too. neither is real

kk
Old 24-11-2014, 01:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkfern
purgatory was done away with. they no longer teach it. they need to no longer teach about hell too. neither is real

kk

Call it what you will but there are some very low realms out there just as there are higher ones. You going to one level versus another is based on your vibration or level of consiousness.
Old 24-11-2014, 02:31 PM
Master

I loved this movie, have not had the chance to read the book....
It was so profound, I felt touched to the point of tears when I saw it but also shaken especially about that part you just described and the issues of unconscious suicide.
I agree and it would make sense that there are higher and lower leveled realms. And our vibrational state when death comes along will most likely continue are where we are at.
I was never afraid of death, but afraid of what state death would find me in....and when I saw this movie it just sorta gave light to my feelings ....
It never made sense to me when I was younger and especially being brought up a Christian that there was just up and down to go.
Where would the universal law and justice be in that?
Why would a person who stole a loaf of bread and a mass murder both end up in the same place....hell.
And how could someone who had devoted a whole life to serve and help others end up in the same place with someone who just did a few good deeds.....
And as for purgatory, I wasn't brought up with that notion ( I don't remeber in our orthodox teachings ever taught to us and. Grew up in Sunday school )
I can imagine if we are stuck in life , not exactly in a bad place, but not where we should be, it would make sense....
If I have to be honest... I have lived that too...and still do...
It's a very thought provoking movie.....made me want to quit my bad habits..for sure!
Old 24-11-2014, 03:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumi14

I also know Andre Luiz was not much of a believer of God during his lifetime. I suppose this also is why he ended up there.

:

If you believe that a god will be judging you after death, that is what you will encounter.

We have been indoctrinated for centuries to believe in propaganda and one of the ways those lies are spread is through our pop culture.
Old 24-11-2014, 06:32 PM
Experiencer
I read the book and saw the movie. There are mild differences between them, but I enjoyed them both it's good to remember that Chico wrote the book and that the movie is an adaptation. ;-)

I think the term "unconscious" is not the best one. We are conscious of our bad choices. We know we should not focus of material pleasures and be generous. We know what is good and bad and have the free will to chose between them. When we chose to over eat/drink/smoke, etc. we know we are harming ourselves, or we try to ignore or downplay reality.

Here's why Andre ended up in a low vibration zone with my notes in []:
"Yet on self-examination I feel deeply that I had wasted time and I now hear the silent pangs of my conscience [It is André's own consciousness that torments him and puts him in the low vibration zone because he has to deal with his own faults]. I had lived on Earth, enjoyed its benefits, reaped the good things of life, and yet never contributed anything towards the repayment of my heavy debt. I had completely ignored my parent's generosity and sacrifices, just as I had ignored those of my wife and children. I had selfishly kept my family only to myself. I had been given a happy home and had closed my doors to those seeking help. I had delighted in the joys of my family circle, yet never shared that precious gift with my greater human family. I had neglected to undertake even the most elementary duties of fraternal solidarity."
Old 24-11-2014, 06:45 PM
Experiencer
About the suicide (pg 28), Clarence explained that the spirit body presents within it a complete history of the actions practiced on Earth. The occlusion that killed André was the result of a cancer that came from an indiscretion in which he contracted syphilis (not shown in the movie, if my memory serves me well). The disease might not have assumed such a grave characteristics had his mental attitudes been firmly based on principles of moderation and brotherly love. Instead he chose a dark, exasperating way of life which attracted destructive vibrations from those around him. His death was caused by anger, lack of self control, thoughtlessness in dealing with others whom he often unthinkingly offended, frequently left him under the influence of sickly and inferior beings, which aggravated his state. His kidneys were mistreated and his gastronomical system was destroyed as a direct result of excesses in food and drink, and all along the syphilis devoured his energies. All bad things he did or thought was done consciously! This type of suicide is different not because it's unconscious, but because it is forced upon by prolonged continuous excesses (many acts over a long period of time) instead of by a single act, which is what we usually attribute suicide by.
Old 24-11-2014, 06:58 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa68
I am also tring to plave what level André ends up after purgatory. It seems to be a very low level, perhaps linked to the purgatory level although the scenery is peaceful and beautiful. People also look their age there. By the way, i think that Andre must progress very quickly at the time he is in that realm compared to the others. This is a great movie, book to discuss here on this forum.

I believe André goes to a healing level. It's not heaven and not purgatory. It's a beautiful place to rest, heal and learn. It is very much physical looking because the souls are in a vibration that still resonates with a physical realm. In this sense, heaven, where high vibrating consciousness resides, would not be physical at all, one would need no physical looking body nor physical looking reality in which that body would be in.
Old 24-11-2014, 08:20 PM
Master

In the book though it did say that they were at a low level. Also people looked their age and they were very influenced by things happening on the earth. There also were no life reviews, perhaps this happens at the higher levels only? Also there was no manifesting or creativity spoken about. By the way I have read that at higher levels things are just as solid but more flexible. We are just vibrating at a higher rate but so is everything else. I also read that we do have and need physical bodies.