Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 10-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Enya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiko
another question for you all, and psychoslice if hes still reading my thread.

earlier above he said my dad may have been ready to leave the material world..... that makes sense, (although i know mentally he wasnt but physically his failing body was), ......
SO how do we explain little 80/90 year old men/women who have lost their life long partners and long for death for many years, they are to frail to leave the house, have no company, why do their bodys continue to work for years when they yearn so much mentally to depart this life.? i used to think if the soul was ready to leave then the body had no choice it died, but that doesnt explain the fit little old people who no longer want to live does it?
any thoughts....

This is a valid point, Keiko. According to what I have read and believe, our souls make a committment to stay here an alloted time, to learn and also to work out karma in themselves and for others. Since we don't know what another person's soul committment may be, we just have to assume that their time here is not yet done. It's not easy to witness but in the bigger picture, much is learnt and often, a person will clear more karma in this way than in any other, helping their soul to progress.

Btw, re:your dad... don't forget that you can feel his presence via a cool breeze, a sense of him there, a ruffle of hair, a sudden clear memory or song in your mind.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
This is a valid point, Keiko. According to what I have read and believe, our souls make a committment to stay here an alloted time, to learn and also to work out karma in themselves and for others. Since we don't know what another person's soul committment may be, we just have to assume that their time here is not yet done. It's not easy to witness but in the bigger picture, much is learnt and often, a person will clear more karma in this way than in any other, helping their soul to progress.

Btw, re:your dad... don't forget that you can feel his presence via a cool breeze, a sense of him there, a ruffle of hair, a sudden clear memory or song in your mind.

its difficult to get my head around though Enya even though i can see what your saying, its like what more is to learn when they are just 'existing' silently in an old folks home, you would think there was nothing to left for their soul to learn......

the presence thing also confuses me, i always ask my angels to ruffle my hair or to let me feel their presence so now if it happens i wouldnt have a clue if it was my dad, an angel, i look out for smells to but its difficult knowing whats what.
can you tell im really confused by the whole thing ha ha ha im trying !
Old 10-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Master
Quote:
its difficult to get my head around though Enya even though i can see what your saying, its like what more is to learn when they are just 'existing' silently in an old folks home, you would think there was nothing to left for their soul to learn......

Keiko--

Some of the most difficult (and important) things we do as souls in incarnation come from inside--like forgiveness, compassion for others, understanding, love, self-forgiveness. There is no reason these things can't go on (at some level) even for those seemingly just subsisting. Even those with mental difficulties can be learning at some level of consciousness. And some of the things they may be doing might have to do with the understanding of those around them, which can happen (at soul level) even though they themselves are no longer physically interacting with them. They might wait until these understandings have come, or they can be sure it will come.

So in your case, even though you felt bad about not heeding your impulse to go see your dad, he may have understood that you were on the path to spiritual growth, as you are, and would eventually understand.

Quote:
the presence thing also confuses me, i always ask my angels to ruffle my hair or to let me feel their presence so now if it happens i wouldnt have a clue if it was my dad, an angel, i look out for smells to but its difficult knowing whats what.

So what I do is to ASK spirit to come in a particular way. As Enya pointed out, it takes some skill-building for them to do these things, so we should be patient with that too.

When my sister died I said (in my head) "What bird would you be Shirley?" and I thought of either a yellow or green finch. She is very perky and kind of petite.

About two months after she died a green finch flew into the house and sat on my computer monitor. The thing was panicked and so it took me a while to get it out of the house without freaking it out. [My sister had anxiety attacks from early age.] Later that day, a green finch clung onto the screen of the window directly outside the window where my computer is, peering in. Then, another one flew outside on the tree next to the same window. After three of them I'm saying, "Shirley, I got it! You're here!"

Now I could talk myself out of believing this was a message from her. But I won't.

So ask for a different kind of sign from your dad--one that is relatively easy for them to do but which you would recognize. Electrical things are easy for them to manipulate. My cell phone screen has lit up at 3:23 exactly on three different nights. My friend died, I thought, on March 24th. [So is he trying to tell me it was the night before? :) ]

Give them some options and then have some trust.

IsleWalker - Lora
Old 10-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Pathfinder
thank you IW, you always start making me think of things in a different way and it does make sense.
what a wonderful message for you your 3 finches, i wouldnt of dismissed those either i would of been ecstatic. Im watching out for electrical items been affected as i know that can happen, shortly after he died i was writing an email to a friend about him and my light was flickering like mad in the front room, i wrote to my friend "I hope the bulbs not about to blow" anyway it went mad for the whole time i was writing about my dad and then it stopped. Then it was fine for the rest of the evening. Next day i got home from work and i put the light on, it wouldnt work and i needed a new bulb, you can imagine my disappointment lol!!!
You've got me thinking about the inner feelings now and compassion and everything, it kinda depressed me, if ive got all them to work out i could be still here when im 110 aargh ! ha ha, its funny i just keep been drawn back to the same 2 words every time...... TRUST & PATIENCE true isnt it ! :-)
Old 10-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Juanita

Quote:

--------------------------------

Keiko, I would suggest to you to read a book called "Hello from Heaven" if no one has already suggested it...It is written by the Guggenheims and tellsof the many, many different ways that our loved ones can and do communicate with us.....These are called ADCs (after death communications) and will help you to recognize the signs that your father is trying to give you.........they studied this for years and interviewed thousands of people....it is well worth reading, IMO........
Old 10-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Pathfinder
thanks juanita, no ones mentioned it, i love book recommendations, mind ive read tons.
Lorna Byrnes Angels in My Hair i loved that book, but i found her 2nd one a little disappointing, still good but just not what i expected.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:20 PM
Master
Quote:
You've got me thinking about the inner feelings now and compassion and everything, it kinda depressed me, if ive got all them to work out i could be still here when im 110 aargh!!

I've thought exactly the same thing! Some things are very S-L-O-W in coming to me! But who knows exactly what "My Plan" or yours entail? They may be very specifically about achieving some other things, tasks in light-bearing or helping Earth through the coming changes, who knows? Maybe it has nothing to do with perfection. After all, once we reach a certain point (maybe not perfection) we stop incarnating. I don't think I'm there. But it doesn't mean we can't achieve what we set out to do in a lifetime.

At least I like to think this!

Your dad knew you were on the right path, I know it.

IsleWalker - Lora

P.S. Don't discount the light thing just because you had to change the bulb later. I've often had it happen that when I'm on the computer "talking" to someone and experiencing strong spiritual and emotional feelings--my mouse stops working or my keyboard. And I will have just changed the batteries two days before. But sometimes I do have to change them again just to get the darn things working again. It's like a power surge--it can cause physical damage to these electronics. So, it sounds very much like Dad was around when you were talking about him.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
I've thought exactly the same thing! Some things are very S-L-O-W in coming to me! But who knows exactly what "My Plan" or yours entail? They may be very specifically about achieving some other things, tasks in light-bearing or helping Earth through the coming changes, who knows? Maybe it has nothing to do with perfection. After all, once we reach a certain point (maybe not perfection) we stop incarnating. I don't think I'm there. But it doesn't mean we can't achieve what we set out to do in a lifetime.

At least I like to think this!

Your dad knew you were on the right path, I know it.

IsleWalker - Lora

P.S. Don't discount the light thing just because you had to change the bulb later. I've often had it happen that when I'm on the computer "talking" to someone and experiencing strong spiritual and emotional feelings--my mouse stops working or my keyboard. And I will have just changed the batteries two days before. But sometimes I do have to change them again just to get the darn things working again. It's like a power surge--it can cause physical damage to these electronics. So, it sounds very much like Dad was around when you were talking about him.

i did discount it, but its like it happened yesterday and i was convinced at the time it was him because they flicker then blow, i was sat typing about him getting quite upset and the light was going mad and it lasted for absolutly ages, and when i finished the email it settled down and did nothing for the rest of the night. Id like to think it was him.

I have no idea what my path is in life, i go to work come home worn out and care for my daughter and that appears to be about it ! my mum siblings and friends and family are my life but i to tend to be history daft and spend more time reading about the past than focusing on any future. sad really but times just flying by with very little time to enjoy it. sad isnt it really
Old 10-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Shabby

I'm sorry to hear of your loss Keiko. I lost my youngest brother in 2000 so I know how you feel. What happened to me was about one year after his death. One day while cleaning my mother house her neighbor that had just passed away appeared to me with a message for his daughter. I had never done something like that before and dismissed it as my imagination (I do that a lot : )

My oldest daughter was living at that time in my house and loved to watch John Edwards. She would often say come mom watch this with me and one day I gave in. While watching the show I was seeing and feeling what John was reporting....that got my attention! I went out the next day and bought his book...one last time. In his book he describes a meditation that anyone can follow to connect with those that have passed.

As I missed my brother so much, I tried it and arrived on a white plane. There I asked if someone wanted to talk to me in hopes that my brother would come forward, but instead my mother's neighbor showed up saying you didn't pass on my message....not in a angry way but in a disappointing way. I couldn't believe what I was seeing and hearing and was struggling with words LOL I asked for forgiveness and explained that I have never done anything like this before....well, to make a long story short....my brother did not show up at first...only after a few more meditations and a few more visitors.

John Edwards book helped me with my grief and strengthened my faith that death is not the end : )
Old 11-01-2012, 01:16 AM
Master
I like John Edward too, Shabby. He was one of my early connections. In fact I've seen him twice. Verified my guide through his meditations. But what a great story!

Keiko--Don't worry about your life plan. You are still young. Even people who work really hard don't necessarily know what it is. It comes in weird little pieces like shattered glass.

Speaking of which--your fascination with history sounds like one of your pieces --or is a way to find some of your pieces. Whatever you find yourself drawn to is *probably* a piece of you somehow. So just follow your interests with as much time as you have. Right now family and work are primary, and that's the way it should be.

Again--you are doing fine. There are many your age who haven't even thought yet to look. But it's all good.

Lora