Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 19-07-2011, 05:20 AM
time.hacker

Mythological creatures

Hi guys what do you think about mythological creatures...And the creatures mentioned in folklore
I dont know whether its a right section to post or not...So sorry
i wanted to ask...Do you think mythological creatures like sirens,dragons,unicorns,angels,fairies,elves,gobli ns still exist on our planet/universe...Or they have their another universe...Parallel to our world
i believe they exist even now on our universe and planet...What do you think...?
I specially find the story of sirens quite fascinating...
The myth never mentions what happened to sirens...Myth mentions something like that they are trapped in a curse...
So i was thinking it should be possible to release them too...
Sirens is one subject...There are many more fascinating myths...
Old 19-07-2011, 09:18 AM
Animus27

I think a lot of them are mostly stories and poetic representations of things. For instance, the Sirens could've represented the dangers of sailing.

But at the same time, I think that some of them have an amount of reality to them; although I don't think their image is true to their nature. I believe in various land-spirits, which are called Nymphs, elves, fairies, etc. by different cultures, but do I think that they are really beautiful women, or whatever? Nope. That's just an image we've given them (or that they've given us or whatever lol).

Also, due to their way of being, i.e, much more subjective and liminal than most folks usually think in - you won't find a shred of evidence that proves them beyond any doubt. But humans aren't exactly creatures that need 'proof' of everything, in order for it to be 'real'.

So my vote would be they-exist-but-not-the-way-they're-depicted-as-and-yet-do-not-exist & manyshadesofgraythaticantsumuprightnow.

Pretty clear, I think! [sarcasm]
Old 19-07-2011, 04:11 PM
Sky_lite

I thought that the message of TGE Siren stories was not to get distracted and focus on the objective
Old 19-07-2011, 05:08 PM
HBuck72

I think many of the mythological creatures were simply metaphors, or superstitious inventions of the mind. In the metaphorical sense the creatures held power in their respective stories, and were meant to convey a message. Also, it is easier for humans to remember stories with fanciful creatures. I think taking these beings as literal is missing the point.
Old 20-07-2011, 02:35 AM
Boldylocks

I learned never to say 'never" -- While I havent seen unicorns or other Beings- I was blessed with a face to face Faery or Pixie encounter 3 years ago- so I KNOW faeries exist-- they are not just metaphors for me. I do think that they are interdimensional Beings- that are very much concerned with this Earth- and come back and forth from their dimension to ours on a constant basis. Our dimension is right near theirs.
Old 20-07-2011, 04:27 AM
time.hacker

Even if those creatures dont exist on our universe...
They certainly exist on another universes....Parallel to ours
because you cant imagine if It doesnt exist....So our imagination is like channeling from other universes...
Thats what i think...
Old 20-07-2011, 08:32 PM
native wiccan

i believe they exist ive have seen them in spirit form since i was young and so has others from my family