Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 29-06-2011, 01:51 AM
AngelicOrin

connecting with faeries

Hello,

I have been advised to connect with the faeries, I wish to take on this advice as well. How would I do this, it seems so different than connecting with the angels...to me anyway.

Thanks in advance.
Old 29-06-2011, 02:49 AM
iolite

You could connect with nature-- walk in nature, plant a garden-- read about fairies, enjoy movies with fairies -- bring home a fairy figurine that catches your fancy -- try your hand drawing or sculpting a fairy if you are so moved or make a fairy house and invite one to visit.
Old 29-06-2011, 03:00 AM
Ascender

Ask if they agree to connect with you. Be loving towards them and towards nature. Don't have any expectations, just accept whatever happens. Keep your thoughts, words and deeds pure and in time they will reveal themselves to you.
Old 29-06-2011, 03:21 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicOrin
Hello,

I have been advised to connect with the faeries, I wish to take on this advice as well. How would I do this, it seems so different than connecting with the angels...to me anyway.

Thanks in advance.
Ask yourself "why" you want to. I say that, because the human/fairy relationship was originally a contractual one that is spoken of in Irish myth cycles.

If you come up with a good answer, work on building a relationship with your local land-spirits (not all spirits of place are "fairies", some behave very differently and can be offended if they're treated as the Aos Si (Good Folk, i.e., Celtic fairies).

Making offerings to them and introducing yourself is a good place to start. For the Aos Si, milk and butter are the stable offerings.

And, sometimes, no matter how much you want to get to know them, they can sometimes just completely ignore you, which can be a good thing, since in most folklore it was considered bad luck to get their attention too much.

I hope that helps a little. lol
Old 29-06-2011, 03:37 AM
nightowl

aye, yes Animus27, fairy relations with man have not always been, ah lets say constructive, take care in seeking the fairy realm, can be an odd connection.

nightowl
Old 29-06-2011, 04:47 AM
AngelicOrin

I know of the risks of getting into contact with faeries, my adviser who suggested contacting them said I have a natural connection with them, and that i need to open up to them (I believe this person as they have nailed every single other detail about me), also making a connection with them will open new spiritual doors for me. This rings right for me, I am open and have make connections to all, but the elementals including faeries.

I always had a love for faeries too, as the advise that was given to me, reminded me, that at my mum's house (where a lot of my processions are) I have a faerie statue that I have had since I was 7 years old. I think I may bring it over to my current residence, when I visit mum in a few weeks time.

I think I need to see what the Aboriginals in my area (as I am Australian) know of in they way of elementals.
Old 29-06-2011, 04:51 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicOrin
I know of the risks of getting into contact with faeries, my adviser who suggested contacting them said I have a natural connection with them, and that i need to open up to them (I believe this person as they have nailed every single other detail about me), also making a connection with them will open new spiritual doors for me. This rings right for me, I am open and have make connections to all, but the elementals including faeries.

I always had a love for faeries too, as the advise that was given to me, reminded me, that at my mum's house (where a lot of my processions are) I have a faerie statue that I have had since I was 7 years old. I think I may bring it over to my current residence, when I visit mum in a few weeks time.

I think I need to see what the Aboriginals in my area (as I am Australian) know of in they way of elementals.

Cool...that's a good idea to check with Aboriginals, it is good to know and understand the land as best you can. It will be neat to hear how it goes for you...

nightowl
Old 29-06-2011, 06:35 AM
AngelicOrin

So the Aboriginal people of Melbourne are the Wurundjeri, I am going to see if I can find different stories of these people.
Old 29-06-2011, 02:03 PM
LightFilledHeart

Interesting commentary! I learn so much on this forum

I would reitterate what Iolite said.. they are another "nation" sharing space with us in the beautiful earth realm. If you spend time in nature and absorb as much information as you can on them.. i.e., focus on them!... they will make themselves known to you
Old 09-07-2011, 07:07 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
aye, yes Animus27, fairy relations with man have not always been, ah lets say constructive, take care in seeking the fairy realm, can be an odd connection.

nightowl

just curious ~ can you expand a little bit on this nightowl ? what do you mean by " odd connection " ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction