Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology > Astronomy

Old 21-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Master
"It Came Out of Nowhere"

Asteroid (NEA) NEO 153958 (2002 AM31), is only 13.7 Lunar Distances from Earth and Slooh will be tracking live from Canary Islands observatory.
http://events.slooh.com/

"A city-block size asteroid will fly by Earth this weekend, well beyond the orbit of the moon, and you can watch it zip safely by live in an online webcast."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48262053/ns/technology_and_science-space/

Comment from Slooh Observatory official, concerning June NEO asteroid:
"It came out of nowhere".
http://events.slooh.com/

Edited by SF Staff

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein

Last edited by arive nan : 27-02-2013 at 02:59 AM.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:21 PM
Master
"Earth could be getting a second sun, at least temporarily.

http://news.discovery.com/space/planets ... 20829.html

Edited by SF Staff

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein

Last edited by arive nan : 27-02-2013 at 03:00 AM.
Old 30-11-2013, 08:16 PM
Master
From the book, "The Prophet and the Astronomer".

By author, Professor and Astronomer, at Dartmouth College.

I read that centuries ago, the scientist Halley argued that comets played a cataclysmic role in Earth's history, based upon Newton's writings on the subject matter.

In particular he stated that they explained events described in the Old Testament.
His favorite was a natural theory of the deluge, caused by "the casual Choc" of some transient body, such as a Comet, "or the like."

According to Halley, the collision would have abruptly tilted the Earth's axis and "diural rotation", the unbalance causing major flooding al over the planet.

Also... that Immanuel Kant, ( 1724-1804 ) in his youth was fascinated mainly by arrangement of the Cosmos, and by Newtoinian science.

He was a firm believer in the, "deistic motion", of God as Creator of the world and it's physical laws, and man as the decoder of it's mechanics.

He was apparently advanced for his time regarding his conclusions.
For example, he proposed that the many nebulae that were recently discovered were merely collections of stars like the Milky Way, something which would be confirmed only in 1924, by the astronomer Edwin Hubble.

(Some are indeed Galaxies, while others Gas clouds.)

In his view, Kant speculated that that the Universe was filled with Galaxies, each composed of innumerable stars...
each star surrounded, "by a court of planets", and some surrounded by their,
"court of moons".

Old 01-12-2013, 05:39 PM
Master
NASA indirectly confirms the Biblical narrative involving, "Wormwood" ?

http://www.cogwriter.com/news/prophecy/nasa-indirectly-confirms-wormwood-prophecy/

Old 02-12-2013, 11:33 PM
Tsuga

How ironic!

BBC News Scotland

Quote:
Eight people are now confirmed to have died after a police helicopter crashed into a busy pub in Glasgow city centre.

t.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle
How ironic!

BBC News Scotland

t.

I heard the unfortunate news, thistle. Why is this posted in this forum though, being of human origins?
We have had similar tragedies in the states here, also.

A point to be made in this may be that people come and go from this material realm all the time. Regasrding the departed, usually they don't know when it is their time to leave.
Many are taken suddenly.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Tsuga

It seemed to me that for those who died it made no difference to whether it was a helicopter or a comet that crashed through the roof.

Having said that I did have an extraordinary dream last night.
I suppose the dream was formed through reading from your link (the passage from the Book of Revelation 8:10-11:), and that it possibly inspired me to stand on my balcony and say a prayer for the victims...

Then

...in my dream I once again was standing on my balcony. Only this time it was daylight and it was mid-summer. It occurred to me, somewhat like an epiphany, that the earth is the reflection of the sky.

(And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good:)

I could see before me with such clarity and understanding that our world is the reflection of Heaven.

My apologies if this makes little sense to you. It meant a great deal to me.

t.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:18 PM
Master
No, that's fine.
Just don't know if this is the correct forum for it.

Old 17-02-2014, 09:56 PM
Master
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2561195/Massive-asteroid-THREE-times-size-football-pitch-fly-Earth-tonight-watch-live.html

EM 2000 - Not that close...

"During its closest approach, the asteroid will fly about 8.8 lunar distances from Earth."

Old 06-03-2014, 04:04 PM
Master
March 5, 2014
Aprox. 16:00, EST...

Meteor flies by Earth closer than distance from Earth to Moon. Size assessed to be as large as three transit busses.