Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 11-06-2012, 08:11 PM
green

can you see anything positive in the 3 of swords?

3 of swords is one of the more unpleasant cards in the tarot deck. when it pops up in a reading sadness is to enter.
still i was looking into positive aspects of this card,
i know reversed it actually can be a good omen, cure, healing and things develop to the better, (following Jonathan Dee teachings)
but in his up right position: so it can be a clean cut and a new start.
(one way to look and take separation).
it can be something along the lines of purifying one's heart by means of tears and crying - taking out of the system any pain and hurt. so cleaning and letting go.

anyone - any thoughts?

G
Old 11-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Neville

I do think that life is as a whole a series of contrasts and in life we do see some very euphoric points, these high points have an even keener sedge to them if we have experienced the very depths of despair and heartbreak.

The three of swords by itself is no kind of fun as it generally speaks to sadness and heartbreak, The positive though, (each negative has to have a positive,,Physics innit) is that when the dark night does go the brightness of day is so much more vivid.

Anyhow, I thought heartbreak was experienced by everyone at some point in their lives and it almost always proves to be a pivotal point in a persons life.

The evil moment cannot be avoided, but each moment after the heart breaking event is a moment further away from it. And they are as a result invaluable life lessons and character definers, As I said elsewhere though. I'm a glass half full kind of guy ...for the most part.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:03 PM
Master
The only positive I could really see would be to use it as an opportunity to bring the situation to their attention, that something needs work or help or a nudge to get them "unstuck" by the swords.

I've never enjoyed receiving this card.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Neville

It's easier to work with in a reading if it appears in the past as opposed to the present or future. As ever though , surrounding cards should be woven into the story of the reading being given.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:21 AM
green

Neville you right, it is easier to accept this card as part of the past and not as the possible outcome :)

G
Old 12-06-2012, 08:54 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Green:

Quote:
Originally Posted by green
Neville you right, it is easier to accept this card as part of the past and not as the possible outcome :)

G

I can see many situations where this Card could be construed as a positive.

At its core it means divorce and sometimes we can find ourselves stuck in an unpleasant situation that we just can't seem to let go of (for whatever reason).

The III of Swords acts as the catalyst--the final straw--that breaks-up the stagnant situation and forces us to embrace change and move-on.

It is (also) a Card that indicates a loss of power--so if someone has you under their thumb--it could mean an advantageous shift of power in your favor (depending upon the question and the position in which it has fallen).

There are many instances in life where negatives can be put to a positive use. We only need to learn how to channel them towards a positive purpose...

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...
Old 12-06-2012, 09:06 PM
green

thank you LadyTerra for a very eye opening post!! really

bless you and thanks again
G
Old 14-06-2012, 05:06 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Green:

Quote:
thank you LadyTerra for a very eye opening post!! really

bless you and thanks again
G

It is always a pleasure to chat w/ you about the Tarot--in fact--it has been way too long!

Peace and Love on your path to discovering the Mysteries...

Blessed be...
Old 19-06-2012, 07:04 PM
green

hi lady

same here :)

will have to think of some new questions... btw came across very interesting book titled: around the tarot in 78 days or something like that. interesting book, not much with the cards interpretations, especially i don't like that part of tarot and health as at times i feel it is pushing it too much.. but the part about connecting the tarot cards and tarot practice into everyday life and not by using to for predictions but really into both working on oneself and get a deeper understanding of the cards - i like, find it interesting, eye opening at times :)

heres a question for you: something that just popped in...
can you see some parallels between 3 of sword and death card? as in both bringing change, sometimes unwanted change but a necessary one?
only while death card stressing the change, 3 of swords might be spotting more the emotional side related to the change, or the emotions that are there while the occurrence of the change?
just thoughts i'm having.. didn't really put them into words till now.. but in some way i think there is some sense here, no?

talk with you soon
G
Old 20-06-2012, 02:54 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Green:

Quote:
hi lady

same here :)

will have to think of some new questions... btw came across very interesting book titled: around the tarot in 78 days or something like that. interesting book, not much with the cards interpretations, especially i don't like that part of tarot and health as at times i feel it is pushing it too much.. but the part about connecting the tarot cards and tarot practice into everyday life and not by using to for predictions but really into both working on oneself and get a deeper understanding of the cards - i like, find it interesting, eye opening at times :)

heres a question for you: something that just popped in...
can you see some parallels between 3 of sword and death card? as in both bringing change, sometimes unwanted change but a necessary one?
only while death card stressing the change, 3 of swords might be spotting more the emotional side related to the change, or the emotions that are there while the occurrence of the change?
just thoughts i'm having.. didn't really put them into words till now.. but in some way i think there is some sense here, no?

talk with you soon
G

Agreed--I think your intuition is getting sharper as you are learning to make parallels between the Cards and the Major and Minor Arcana--but more to the point seeing how to connect the dots--so that the message becomes more clear.

If you look closely at the Death Card you will note that its number is XIII. I believe in the Numerology of Tarot and utilizing it in order to really bring home the message and clarify the picture.

In Numerology you might liken the number 13 to the symbolism of the Phoenix. When 13 makes the scene you can count on a life altering occurance (burning away all that you have known--so that the new can be created from the ashes)--this is what the Death Card represents to me (at its core).

Not only Transformation--but Trancendence from one state of being to the next stage of life.

The III of Swords represents (at its core) the Death of a Relationship--one must always keep in mind that there are many different kinds of relationships (likewise--there are many different levels of death).

However--it is very easy to see the correlation between these two Cards.

You are progressing (nicely)!

Peace and Love on your path to discovering the Mysteries...

Blessed be...