Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 24-09-2011, 04:07 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
In the end though, scientists are saying the experimental results are baffling, so no one except the press says nutrinos move faster than light.

I`m the Neutrino scientists are talking of.
Old 24-09-2011, 04:30 AM
Greybeard

That the neutrinos have gone faster than light speed is not yet established. The folks at CERN ran about 15000 tests and found that the results were "statistically significant," and so have released their results to other scientists for review and confirmation or rejection.
Old 24-09-2011, 04:32 AM
Suspended

Yah, I have gone faster than the speed of light. Look at the number of my posts . I have even barely started.
Old 24-09-2011, 03:19 PM
Pathfinder

Hmm... the statistical confidence on the speed of neutrinos is questionable and further independent measurements are required from other research groups to confirm the values. Another fact to remember is the experimental error is associated with every single measurement/experiment. Again we would also have to consider the uncertainties and acceptance of any give statistical method.

The speed of light (in fact) of any of the particles/waveforms depends on the medium they are travelling in.

Science (any given scientific measurements/data) would be incomplete with understanding and acknowledging uncertainties.
Old 24-09-2011, 03:22 PM
Pathfinder

Correction:
Science (any given scientific measurements/data) would NOT be complete without understanding and acknowledging uncertainties.

I would also like to add that there are always question marks over absolute values unless rigorous research from different groups and researchers is undertaken and discussed.
Old 24-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Humm

What about quantum teleportation?
Old 24-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Pathfinder

It depends on what you would like to transport. I am not an expert in the subject, but this what I understand about the limitations of this method:

So far quanta (a few particles) can be transported from point A to point B. The entangle states - which means that a particle/quanta has a number of EPR pair (Bell states). This would be very complex for systems which have numerous particles where each particle gives rise to a an entangled pair, and I would expect them to somehow interact with each other and make things very messy (the process of selecting or correcting the desired quanta state). May be in the future there will be some explanation on how to simplify and sort these states...

There are some claims (2010 work by a chinese group) but these are once again subject to further research. I am not an expert on the quantum teleportation but I studied quantum mechanics at uni (when I was an undergrad) its full of assumptions and exceptions to the rules. In reality, we work with such assumptions as they do help us understand some processes (ie, they seem to work) but it is complex for real systems. A better understanding will be achieved through really understanding uncertainties and how to handle them. Sorry, I don't really know much about the subject!!
Old 24-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Neville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
What about quantum teleportation?

Thats a very pertinent question but I didn't think that the Hadron Collider had tested the Einstein Rozen Bridges. They may have done, I was simply unsure.
Old 24-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Master
Where is my Tardis?

"you know that you have found your passion when your love for it overrides any fear to attain it..."-Solace
Old 24-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Humm

Quantum Teleportation is THE hot research going on right now.

Quantum teleportation involves entanglement, as you say, and involves the transference of quantum states from one element of the pair to the other.

The highly relevant point here about quantum teleportation is that when the quantum state transfers from one element of the entangled pair to the other, it does so instantaneously. That is, regardless of any distance involved, there is no 'speed of light' lag - in fact, no detectable lag at all:

http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclo...portation.html

Too esoteric you say? Hardly practical you say? Recently, a research team was able to perform an experiment over a distance of 16 km, and with a success rate approaching 90%:

http://www.physorg.com/news193551675.html

Think about it. Information transmitted reliably over significant distance under laboratory conditions, and coincidentally violating Einstein's law through a completely unknown but repeatably observable mechanism. This is going on right now. It is real. This is not science fiction or some futurist's hyperbole - the next century's science and technologies are being demonstrated now in the laboratory.