Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 04-07-2011, 09:09 AM
georgeTmaxwell

The Conscious Universe

I have recently been reading about Quantum Mysticism which is an old theory that arose when particle physics began.

Since I write about the universe being personified in that all the small things (atoms, quarks, maybe the Higgs Boson) has individual consciousness and desire, I keep asking if the universe is conscious because many spiritual people believe it is - not including those that believe in a God that is either inside or outside of the universe.

At best, my writings would be seen as theory or belief, with others saying it is fiction, so I am looking for proof.

Do you believe the universe is conscious and if so how?

Are there any other science theories that investigate universal consciousness?

Do you have any related personal beliefs?

@georgeTmaxwell
Old 04-07-2011, 11:16 AM
Stellar_Steve

I'm not sure we will ever find proof of much that we seek or believe while we are earth-bound but your post brought to mind a book called Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Wells. It is the first in a series that, at the heart, speaks to what you have put forth here. The surface story is a work of fiction and entertaining in itself but the underlying ideas that Wells puts forth about the universe have some truth to them in my opinion.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:24 AM
georgeTmaxwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellar_Steve
I'm not sure we will ever find proof of much that we seek or believe while we are earth-bound but your post brought to mind a book called Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Wells. It is the first in a series that, at the heart, speaks to what you have put forth here. The surface story is a work of fiction and entertaining in itself but the underlying ideas that Wells puts forth about the universe have some truth to them in my opinion.
I see that while science studies the depths of detail that new things will arise as others wade throughout the data. Humans are searching everywhere for intelligent life be it on earth, our solar system or out their in space somewhere. So one day, they could stumble on something.

Since I am a terrible reader of books (people always suggest good books) what is the basis of Mr Wells's that you find has truths?

gTm
Old 04-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Stellar_Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeTmaxwell
I see that while science studies the depths of detail that new things will arise as others wade throughout the data. Humans are searching everywhere for intelligent life be it on earth, our solar system or out their in space somewhere. So one day, they could stumble on something.

Since I am a terrible reader of books (people always suggest good books) what is the basis of Mr Wells's that you find has truths?

gTm
It has been some time since I have read the series but he basically says that the universe in indeed conscious and that we are all a part of that consciousness. He further states that we are all connected through these "subatomic strings" (he described them with a word that I cannot recall). These strings that connect us can be preexisting or created by strong bonds that we form in our humanly bodies. He goes deeper but that is the gist of it!
Old 04-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Master
"Spirit is the life, mind is the builder, physical is the result." - Edgar Cayce
Old 04-07-2011, 12:39 PM
georgeTmaxwell

Quote:
It has been some time since I have read the series but he basically says that the universe in indeed conscious and that we are all a part of that consciousness. He further states that we are all connected through these "subatomic strings" (he described them with a word that I cannot recall). These strings that connect us can be preexisting or created by strong bonds that we form in our humanly bodies. He goes deeper but that is the gist of it!
Interesting. I will look into it. Thanks for the post.
gTm
Old 04-07-2011, 12:42 PM
georgeTmaxwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
"Spirit is the life, mind is the builder, physical is the result." - Edgar Cayce
I can agree with that.
Thanks.
gTm
Old 04-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Master
This information from Kryon should be helpful.
http://www.kryon.com/k_channel11_edmonton.html

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 04-07-2011, 02:21 PM
georgeTmaxwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
This information from Kryon should be helpful.
http://www.kryon.com/k_channel11_edmonton.html

John
Cool. Will check it out. Never looked into channelling. Thanks John.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Ascender
Quote:

Think of the shape of an "I", now seperate the top from the bottom. Imagine yourself as the line between, with your mind above you and your feet below (body). This is who we truly are, as one changes so does the other. The balance is infinite.