Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 26-05-2011, 02:18 AM
Divine Light inside

There is an actual Light...not the light of understanding that Christians talk about, but an actual Light.
I was wondering if anyone knows about this, understands this, seeks this, has seen this, was changed by this, etc.

You know, a general discussion or questions and answers.

I love talking about this inner Light.

Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-05-2011, 02:38 AM
Master
I love this concept though my own ideas of it are all christian. I would love to hear peoples concepts of it. My wife thinks i am dim at times lol.
Old 26-05-2011, 02:48 AM
Master
hmmm sometimes when i'm meditating i'll experience a seeming actual light flash brightly across my inner visuals, like on the backs of my eye lids. i generally meditate at night in the dark. i do not live near a road where cars might be going by so there is no external source for the light. is that what you mean?

i don't seek it. i don't know what it is and i don't know what it means and i don't know if it changes anything about me. i don't understand it. it has never occurred to me to try to understand it. it just happens sometimes.
Old 26-05-2011, 08:21 AM
Master
Last year I was meditating and in my body I felt a large solid block, so over some days I rested my attention on it, then it started to move up through me. As it moved it kinda tickled in an inward way which made me laugh a lot. On about the fifth day the thing just came right up through me and it disolved or was gone. The next day I felt around where it was and it wasn't there... then a white light which I saw and also felt as energy shone right into me.
Old 26-05-2011, 04:28 PM
OK. "energy shone right into me"

Has anyone heard of a "Light brighter than 10,000 Suns"?

Or the light that lighteth every man that cometh into the world?

How about, If thine eye be single thy whole body will be full of light.

Anyone know what I am speaking of --and not as a concept---a real light.

Now, it has become almost a survey for me - who knows about this and who doesn't...no judgment, of course - just
seeing how much this is or is not taught or spoken of.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-05-2011, 06:16 PM
abikisses

A blue light are you referring to Miss Hepburn? One that comes when going within? This is how I experience it.

Blessings
Abikisses
Old 26-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

Or the light that lighteth every man that cometh into the world?

Anyone know what I am speaking of --and not as a concept---a real light.

Now, it has become almost a survey for me - who knows about this and who doesn't...no judgment, of course - just
seeing how much this is or is not taught or spoken of.

yes, and ive seen It...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 26-05-2011, 06:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by abikisses
A blue light are you referring to Miss Hepburn? One that comes when going within? This is how I experience it.

Blessings
Abikisses
i see that one very often, not always on the inner though, both inwardly and outwardly...thats what the avatar up there is...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 26-05-2011, 06:36 PM
astroboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

Answer : Galactic Centre

Quote:
The light of the body is the eye; if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness. MATTHEW 6: 22-23

Obviously, "the eye" refers to "the single eye" and the words "if thine eye be single," mean concentrated awareness within at the center between and at the back of the eyes. Again, the words "if thine eye be evil" refer to a state of mental dispersion without, as opposed to concentration within, and the result will certainly be "darkness"--darkness born of ignorance about the true and real values of life, for this is the greatest ill of the soul.

St. Luke sounds a note of warning when he says:

Take heed therefore, that the light which is within thee be not darkness.
LUKE 2:35
What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light; and what ye hear in the ear,
that preach ye upon the housetops.
MATTHEW 10:27
Old 26-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Bluegreen

Not from experience but from time to time I refer to the light that shines in each one of us.

Joan Grant (I love to quote her ) writes about that light which she says has always been here from the beginning.

You will find an extensive quote here (it is the second one):

http://kuriakon00.com/prophetic/view...php?f=11&t=657

Quote:
I have seen the wisdom of the gods as fire; from that dim past when all-embracing power men know as God created earth; and sent the children from another moon to teach those others, newly born as man. These little people came down from the woods, the caves, the shelters hollowed from the cliffs, to where a moon-born sat by a friendly fire that warmed their chill mortality. Yet they had made no torch to kindle there, and were content to come forth from the dark to receive comfort from a counsellor.

[...]

Then speaks the Voice to man: 'Did I not course the heavens with my stars: send memory to guide you through the dark; and set my sun to watch you through the day? Till you were ready to kindle your own brand I sent my children to build my fires for you. I send the flames, but you must carry them. If you set torches guttering on the wind, then is the darkness born of your own grief. You give green torches into puppet hands, think triple crowns can give a man my sight.

Amongst you there are men with radiant eyes whom you could follow: yet you deny their name, and with it, mine. Honour the holder of the living flame above your kings ! Honour no priest that does not hear my voice ! Honour no light that does not show my face, and with my face, your own !