Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 15-12-2018, 10:53 AM
Deactivated Account
God has no name !

Notice how this was written in the non-duality thread, for a reason:

God has no name. And so God IS.

Because he is the being, which was, before the many names were invented.
This means that he is the first one, which is existing for always, and so there is no else there, who could give him a name. That is why he is nameless.

He did not gave himself a name, for when he calls names, they start existing.

P.s. there is a saying that, whenever God speaks, and Angel is born. The the above statement is applying to this.

p.p.s. I'm addressing God as him, because i'm using the Biblical way of thinking about him.You will understand that, if God is being before males and females, he can't be either.
Old 15-12-2018, 11:09 AM
Pathfinder

You are probably just confusing God with V for Vendetta who is anonymous, does not forgive, does not forget :)
Old 15-12-2018, 11:14 AM
Master
God is like a dog...He has a name.. many names in fact, but just whistle and he'll come running regardless.
Old 16-12-2018, 02:49 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
God is like a dog...He has a name.. many names in fact, but just whistle and he'll come running regardless.
A dog does not have a name, why should he, he doesn't come when you call him anyways.
Old 16-12-2018, 07:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by _dagmar_
A dog does not have a name, why should he, he doesn't come when you call him anyways.
LOL!
I remember a joke like that once.

I'll get serious for a while though.

God is much like us (if not us)....Collectively, we are known by many different names...some are the same; usually the most Judeo-Christian ones...The Apostles and dead Kings seem to have been very popular for the past 2000 years..However, unless you are from Latin decent, you probably won't be called "Jesus" (the Protestants seem to have more of a problem with naming their child after Son of God than the Catholics do).. but I digress...but also like digression because you all get to witness how my stupid brain works.

Now, woe be unto you, if your surname is a "Smith, Jones, Black/Brown" and you have the first name of an Apostle..

I bet the confusion of that would enough to even drive even a "God" insane, right? I mean, will the REAL Peter Smith please stand up?...I bet it was one of the reasons why information technology was developed..."It's Peter Smith from New York here... you'll find my number in the White Pages..".

Oh, and don't think this is limited to White Society...oh no!

I feel very sorry for any Hindu boy named Ravi, Hari..and any girl called Lakshmi...and ESPECIALLY if their surname is Singh, Prasad or Gupta..and in a country of 1+ billion people...call any of those names at Delhi airport and everyone will turn around and stare at you..

The Chinese are not immune either..
"Chang", "Lam" and " Tang/Tan" features prominently for a surname, with "Lim" or "Sen/Seng" being a common first name...or is it the other way around with that?

So, "Lim Chang" goes to New York and says"ooohhh...A Western county..I should SO have a "Western name" to be unique and stand out from the crowd...I know what I'll do...I'll call myself "Peter Chang"... BRILLIANT!

Humans crack me up sometimes... probably their only redeeming feature.

Some may call God "Peter Smith"...some may say something else, or even say God has "no name" when you started off the title with a descriptive pronoun "God"...and therefore God HAS a name. God is called "God". - Ishwara, we say...but who cares? It is only our minds attempt to label an unknown quantity anyway..it doesn't matter.
Old 16-12-2018, 11:03 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by _dagmar_
You are probably just ...

I said that God does not have a name, and gave you the exact reasons why he can't have a name, part from the people who want to give him a name.
Old 16-12-2018, 11:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_SF
I'm not confusing anything, i said that God does not have a name, and gave you the exact reasons why he can't have a name, part from the people who want to give him a name.
...or who doesn't believe he has one...but I am going to tell you God's name right NOW...and because I am in an indulging mood, I'll let these guys say it better than I can, while I just relax and flow......

https://youtu.be/5-lGKnIbNbw
Old 16-12-2018, 12:04 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
...or who doesn't

I said that God does not have a name, and gave you the exact reasons why he can't have a name.
Old 16-12-2018, 12:58 PM
Deactivated Account
Well to me he certainly has a name: JERK.
Old 16-12-2018, 03:23 PM
Angel1

Interesting topic!

Correctly in the Non-duality area, Dan, because it is One, The One, the Only One that
is the 'almost' inaudible sound that is actually deafening when you key into It.
Imagine being in a vacuum of a spacewalk...It is there.
Tho, those that heard it didn't know it was His Name...but, Celestial Music, a heavenly Sound.
(The Moon walking group had amazing accounts.)

I agree the Holy Name of God is unspeakable by humans.
It is not a 'given' Name...but has been thought of and heard as the Inner Sound Current
that runs through all...the Sat Naam, the Word, that was in the beginning and always will be...the
Primordial Vibration that permeates all of existence.
The Tao or Lifeforce that can be felt and sensed has been interpreted
as His Name that is 'not to be taken in vain' and should be ''hallowed''....
but is mostly out of people's reach because it is so subtle, yet everywhere.

Hard to discuss, certainly too sacred to debate.
It must be experienced vibrating inside you.
Haha, I often compare it to the purr of a cat...but, way more subtle...and when experienced It fills your whole being.
Others have compared it to a motor within everything...it certainly is that...being the Power that makes your hair grow as you sleep.

Is it a Name like Fred or Jehovah? Of course not.

The sound was imitated, with good intentions; man attempted to duplicate It by the
sound Yahhhh----weeeeeeh makes (inhale while saying 'weeehhh', like a whisper).
Ha, I have actually seen letters signed by Yogi teachers..."So Hung, Swami So and so"
That is their imitation of the Sound of His Name. (Also, Hamso, Humsau,
Hung-so, Aum..)

I, also, compare it to looking at (ha, listening to, tho) one of those 3D prints...only when
you alter your vision can you see the giraffe hidden within the colored patterns.

It is the Sound resounding subtly in God's Presence...tho, is perceived in stillness...but, a stillness almost hard to imagine...almost when not breathing!

One doesn't need to debate whether this is the Creator's "Name"...
but, it is His Essence and it can be heard.
It is there right now, just as the clock ticking is there, but you weren't aware of it till I said it.
That's why there are poems saying Your Name is whispered throughout the Universe.
Listen.

And, please, don't believe a word I've said...Sit, see for yourselves. It just Is.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru