Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 16-11-2016, 06:45 AM
Master
Then there are the tales of the Shiva Purana..

I believe in the "Milk-Ocean" churning between the Devas and Adevas bringing forth the 12 celestial items, including both nectar (soma) and poison - the poison, of course, Lord Shiva (Neelakantha) drank and the Soma being taken to heaven, but dropped at 12 places, being the 12 Jyotir Linga in India.

I recall the tale where Lord Vishnu transformed into Mohini to save the world from Bhasmasura due to a Shiva boon gone terribly wrong. lol

...and the story of the hunter atop a bilva tree and why Shiva Ratri is celebrated...etc

The stories are most wonderful!

Om Namah Shivay
Old 16-11-2016, 08:14 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Then there are the tales of the Shiva Purana..

I believe in the "Milk-Ocean" churning between the Devas and Adevas bringing forth the 12 celestial items, including both nectar (soma) and poison - the poison, of course, Lord Shiva (Neelakantha) drank and the Soma being taken to heaven, but dropped at 12 places, being the 12 Jyotir Linga in India.

I recall the tale where Lord Vishnu transformed into Mohini to save the world from Bhasmasura due to a Shiva boon gone terribly wrong. lol

...and the story of the hunter atop a bilva tree and why Shiva Ratri is celebrated...etc

The stories are most wonderful!

Om Namah Shivay
Yes Sister there are a lot of Puran and stories. I believe in this multiverse and believe in Human race. I believe in God. Yes there been dark side and light side forces fought so many time and God helped light side forces every time to save from extinct by evil forces. I believe that earlier weapons were more destructive than what weapons today are and were more directed too. I believe any advanced civilisation in this multiverse which is much ahead of human kin.
Old 16-11-2016, 08:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Consciousness
Yes Sister there are a lot of Puran and stories. I believe in this multiverse and believe in Human race. I believe in God. Yes there been dark side and light side forces fought so many time and God helped light side forces every time to save from extinct by evil forces. I believe that earlier weapons were more destructive than what weapons today are and were more directed too. I believe any advanced civilisation in this multiverse which is much ahead of human kin.
That's a very firm and fine stance, my friend.

I also believe in a multiverse where beings of all different vibrational levels reside. I am finding it difficult to believe in the human race because it doesn't believe in itself much anymore. I fully believe in God and the dual nature of the universe, the polar opposites of each pairing in the physical world, until there's nothing beyond the infinite but God/Brahman - fully in and of itself.

I believe that all stories of good vs evil means to overcome that within ourselves and the churning of the ocean means to churn up the em-otion in the heart. The 'light beings' are here with us, all around us but their shields are being penetrated by the forces of darkness from all sides - time is running out - maybe not in the immediate future, but in the forseeable one.
Old 16-11-2016, 09:07 AM
Master
....then there's the story of Shiva and Kama Deva...Cupid (the God of Love and Sex).

Now, of course the Hindu 'cupid' was similar to the god Eros - not a bow-shooting valentine by association.

So, Kama Deva (Angel of Passion) had a wife....Rati and both were highly adept in the art of Kama Sutra (hence the name)...they were akin to the ancient gods of fertility rites, ushering in the season of Vasanta or Spring in their wake, making flowers bloom etc..

So Lord Shiva was still grieving over the death of Sati (his first wife, daughter of Daksha) who killed herself due to shame, but the lord of the Mountains - King Parvat wanted Shiva to snap out of meditation on the Infinite and to notice his daughter, Parvati - the incarnation of Sati.

So he sent Kama Deva and Rati along to make love in front of him and awaken Shiva's desire...that it did but in the process thereof, Shiva's Ajna Chakra - Third Eye opened and burned Cupid (desire) on the spot....to ash...

All these stories have deep meaning - hidden or otherwise.
Old 16-11-2016, 09:20 AM
Guide
Yes sister, there are a lot of stories like this Kam Deva, was doing this for good cause. Kam Deva and Devi Rati did not perform love, only Kam Deva used invoking arrows, which breaked the meditation of God Shiva and God Shiva opened third eye in anger resulting kamdeva burnt and vaporised in the air but not killed coz he was having drunk ambrosia (elixir) secondly he was deity.
Devi Rati calmed God Shiva and secured life & status of Kam Deva.
Old 16-11-2016, 09:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Consciousness
Yes sister, there are a lot of stories like this Kam Deva, was doing this for good cause. Kam Deva and Devi Rati did not perform love, only Kam Deva used invoking arrows, which breaked the meditation of God Shiva and God Shiva opened third eye in anger resulting kamdeva burnt and vaporised in the air but not killed coz he was having drunk ambrosia (elixir) secondly he was deity.
Devi Rati calmed God Shiva and secured life & status of Kam Deva.
Yes, there's only so much we can go into. Let's say they performed a dance that would put 'dirty dancing' to shame - it's all over the walls at Kajuraho...but I think the whole 'arrow' concept was added later to make it more a western concept...but you are also right, there's no right or wrong here. Yes, it's all symbolic for all of us to overcome our sexual urges during meditation...
Old 16-11-2016, 10:28 AM
Master
Again, during meditation, the Devas chime in.

The 'arrows' are pulses of Divine/Love energies flowing through the Chakras, particularly the Sacral (Sacred) and Heart (Hridaya) Chakras. It feels like a 'lightning zap' and it can even be felt on the physical level. Desire causes it on base level and unconditional love on the higher, but the goal/aim of moksha or samadhi is much higher than that, so the third-eye opens and comes into play.

So, these pulses of energy that feel like one is are being stabbed with a rainbow sword have been called "arrows of love" by many cultures simultaneously because that is what it feels like...duh. lol
Old 16-11-2016, 09:50 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Thank you for explaining all of this in a very logical way - you have appealed to my deep-rooted sense of logic and reason - I thank you and appreciate this honest reply. Lots of wisdom in it.

It still remains...why are some of us immune to or free from all cultural programming and we seem to be in the vast/sparse minority of the human species and condition?

Some would say it is karma, but the whole notion of 'karma' smacks of an umbrella or blanket ideology to me.
Thank You Necromancer :)

I'm not sure if it's karma or if it's the ticket that we pulled when we stepped into this lifetime.. in order to experience physical at a particular level.

My early life was heavily programmed, and around 12 I was awoken in such a way that then stimulated a long and winding dismantling of this earlier programming. The spiritual awakening was spontaneous and then reinforced over the years with a string of complex exposures. I have lived with one foot in, and one foot out since. I was having to take both experiences equally serious. I'm comfortably certain that this was a choice on my part because I wouldn't have it any other way.

I feel some of us are being trained as bridges. I don't feel like I'm acting when I pace alongside others. I can relate directly to their challenges because I've had to navigate similar myself.
Whenever I attempt to accentuate greater consciousness over physical normalcy I get returned to this center between the two by intuitive imperative. And then layer upon layer the connections become clearer and better integrated.

No ideologies or belief structures are involved, it's a clean experience of integrative perception. I'm not at all sure where it's taking me, but I'm continually fascinated and intrigued by the ride. :)
Old 17-11-2016, 02:53 AM
Guide
Sister,
Chakras always to me as a source of divine energy, when I wish more to accomplish meditation, I stop post marital activity. This help me to attend Deity say God or mother Goddess at best. That time undesired pulses do not disturb me and only divine electromagnetic pulses radiated.
I wish to be divine when attain God and mother Goddess.
Old 14-12-2016, 10:48 AM
Suspended
Knower

Artificial intelligence is something which is created to behave like human beings for taking actions and decision-making independently by itself based on the situations and circumstances.