Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 17-12-2016, 05:48 PM
Master

hi necromancer,

I would think, if you really want to step back to the external, you probably need negativity. My guess is, sticking to things like your 'fear' will help you. You might know that, instinctively.

There are a couple of things about it, from what I gather the energies we call 'negative' are the tie in to the 'physical' part of reality, so the more you want to do physically the more intimate you have to be with them. Of course people don't like them and there is a reason: to keep us from having real power and make us dependent on machines (for reasons I won't go into) we had to be taught to avoid what we call 'negative' energies. Possibly they were labeled negative simply to get us to avoid them. I don't know. As such most people run away from negative experience if they can, prefering positivity and light, and thus the negative acts as 'seals' against learning certain things, or being able to share it with one another en masse for those who do learn.

That is my take on the matter, but I've had some small successes in applying it... mostly internal stuff that can't readily be shared at this point

as far as goals, I so get it. They don't like me setting goals either. It is so bad that I actually hate goal season at work because I see how hard it is for me to actually achieve the blasted things! It isn't fair that I'm even asked, in some ways, very self-centered of the people doing the asking.

but i see how it goes, you set a life goal, then you spend countless hours slaving to achieve it, then in the end you've achieved it and what's next? your life is basically over, nothing left to do. You just fade off into the sunset. Seems kinda hollow now.

And the goals usually have to be socially acceptable this and that, same as everyone else is doing. Kinda what is the point in that? But if I have my own dreams they always get squashed in favor of what everyone else thinks is best!

as far as being batted into the opposite direction, did you know one of the spiritual truisms is that sometimes, you have to do the opposite of whatever makes sense to you, to get where you are going? This can sometimes be true even if you are intimate with whatever paths you normally go down, and sure-footed on them. I think once again you are very fortunate to be shown this so directly although I know you don't want it... but that is the way with many things I find, we are so sure we don't want whatever that we won't even explore the possibilities.
Old 17-12-2016, 07:11 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves

There are a couple of things about it, from what I gather the energies we call 'negative' are the tie in to the 'physical' part of reality, so the more you want to do physically the more intimate you have to be with them. Of course people don't like them and there is a reason: to keep us from having real power and make us dependent on machines (for reasons I won't go into) we had to be taught to avoid what we call 'negative' energies. Possibly they were labeled negative simply to get us to avoid them. I don't know. As such most people run away from negative experience if they can, prefering positivity and light, and thus the negative acts as 'seals' against learning certain things, or being able to share it with one another en masse for those who do learn.
Nicely stated FallingLeaves! :) Splitting things into "positive" and "negative" is a sure way of dividing ourselves into perceptually differing components that can often 'appear' to be at odds with each other.

Join them all back together again and we may eventually notice that we can not build belief structures out of wholes.

Knowing that all is tied together, in a cooperative way, in order to create and maintain our physical presence, then we're thus able to move around more freely among such cooperative variables. :)
Old 17-12-2016, 11:26 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
Nicely stated FallingLeaves! :) Splitting things into "positive" and "negative" is a sure way of dividing ourselves into perceptually differing components that can often 'appear' to be at odds with each other.

Join them all back together again and we may eventually notice that we can not build belief structures out of wholes.

Knowing that all is tied together, in a cooperative way, in order to create and maintain our physical presence, then we're thus able to move around more freely among such cooperative variables. :)

hehehe... only problem is that when one end of the scales has a lot of weight and the other only a little, it can take time to restore a balance
Old 01-01-2017, 01:56 AM
Seeker

Dear Necromancer,

How wonderful you were born with such gifts!

Early in my journey I received the best advice ever from a spiritual teacher: "The key is to stop being the protagonist in your own play".

I would suggest, if you haven't already, mindfulness meditation and learning to control your attention. Controlling attention is key. It can be used to solve problems, help others, focus on simple observation, or for manifestation - as you have discovered.

The more you focus on yourself, however, the more attention, and therefor energy, you give to your ego.
Old 01-01-2017, 04:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticVoyage
Dear Necromancer,

How wonderful you were born with such gifts!

Early in my journey I received the best advice ever from a spiritual teacher: "The key is to stop being the protagonist in your own play".

I would suggest, if you haven't already, mindfulness meditation and learning to control your attention. Controlling attention is key. It can be used to solve problems, help others, focus on simple observation, or for manifestation - as you have discovered.

The more you focus on yourself, however, the more attention, and therefor energy, you give to your ego.
Thank you so much for the wonderful advice, and also to FallingLeaves for the help.

Yes, me being the 'protagonist in my own play' has been my total undoing up to this point, but after a lifetime of doing it, suddenly 'not doing it' is going to be a bit tricky because my mind has already been conditioned to it, so I have to 'uncondition it' - the trick is working out how to.

I guess it would be akin to 'deprogramming' after being in a cult for a lifetime.

The only thing I know how to focus on besides myself is God - because these things are the only stable things that do not change, so I don't have to keep on adapting or perishing.

It also has something to do with me being autistic, even though it is just a label, I still have all the symptoms of it nonetheless.