Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 31-05-2019, 03:04 PM
ketzer

Unconditional Love

What do you think about unconditional love?

Is there really such a thing as truly unconditional love?
If so, are humans truly capable of such a thing?
If so, why should there be such a thing? Most other human emotions can be seen to serve a purpose, but why should we love someone or something no matter how bad they/it may be to or for us?
Old 31-05-2019, 05:10 PM
Master

Are you aware there's another active thread on the same subject?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 31-05-2019, 06:19 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Are you aware there's another active thread on the same subject?

I was not aware....so many threads. Anyway, I do have some specific questions above so if you would like to take a crack at them, particularly the last one, please do so.

Or if you prefer, you could take a wack at this one.

If God did have conditions in God's love, what do you think they should be?

In the meantime, I will see what is said elsewhere.
Old 31-05-2019, 07:00 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
I was not aware....so many threads. Anyway, I do have some specific questions above so if you would like to take a crack at them, particularly the last one, please do so.

Or if you prefer, you could take a wack at this one.

In the meantime, I will see what is said elsewhere.
This is a post I've recently wrote.

I don't have an opinion about "God's love".
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 31-05-2019, 10:22 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:

If so, why should there be such a thing? Most other human emotions can be seen to serve a purpose, but why should we love someone or something no matter how bad they/it may be to or for us?

Yes, humans can be capable of unconditional love but it takes an unusual level of selflessness and can't be meted out to all, just those close to you. It comes without expectations and without emotion, just a total appreciation for the individual, what they are, who they are, their well-being. There may be things one ordinarily doesn't like about them but it's one of these "the whole is greater than the sum of the parts" things. You overlook "faults" which implies judgement on your part, because you can cherish them without expecting anything of them.
Old 31-05-2019, 10:27 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:

I think you'll find god's commandments in the Bible, Exodus Chapter 20 IIRC. That's about it...if you believe in the Abrahamic God.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:01 AM
Master
Quote:

Not in this density.
And as the human race moves to the next level very soon as I have heard last night, and if this is correct, humans will start to, and have the possibility to get their head around what the word "unconditional" really entails.
Once they understand this, it will be easy to move up and other level.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:30 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
Not in this density.
And as the human race moves to the next level very soon as I have heard last night, and if this is correct, humans will start to, and have the possibility to get their head around what the word "unconditional" really entails.
Once they understand this, it will be easy to move up and other level.

There are people I know on this earth who do unconditional love, Rah Nam...

Do you suggest they are in a different density?

JL
Old 01-06-2019, 01:14 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Yes, humans can be capable of unconditional love but it takes an unusual level of selflessness and can't be meted out to all, just those close to you. It comes without expectations and without emotion, just a total appreciation for the individual, what they are, who they are, their well-being. There may be things one ordinarily doesn't like about them but it's one of these "the whole is greater than the sum of the parts" things. You overlook "faults" which implies judgement on your part, because you can cherish them without expecting anything of them.

Would the "whole being greater then the sum of the parts" be considered a condition for this love? What about those who do us harm and persecute us, who on the whole are not more good then bad?
Old 01-06-2019, 03:29 AM
janielee

Quote:
Would the "whole being greater then the sum of the parts" be considered a condition for this love? What about those who do us harm and persecute us, who on the whole are not more good then bad?

The unconditional love I know about (from highly spiritual beings) is love for ALL - not for one or two or three. That's true love. Not love of only a few.