Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 25-12-2018, 03:24 PM
Knower
Wu wei VS laziness

Im trying to get more into the difference between wu wei and laziness - i wonder what peoples thoughts about this subject are here

and im aware wu wei is not laziness im trying to understand the diffrence between it - can sometimes laziness can be considered wu wei ? and many more questions about this issue - thats why im asking for peoples thoughts about this subject the more input on it the better for me to understand this issue better ( cause im reading about wu wei for a very long time but still not compeltly sure what it means in all situations even though in many i do get it )
Old 25-12-2018, 05:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by water drop
Im trying to get more into the difference between wu wei and laziness - i wonder what peoples thoughts about this subject are here

and im aware wu wei is not laziness im trying to understand the diffrence between it - can sometimes laziness can be considered wu wei ? and many more questions about this issue - thats why im asking for peoples thoughts about this subject the more input on it the better for me to understand this issue better ( cause im reading about wu wei for a very long time but still not compeltly sure what it means in all situations even though in many i do get it )

Wu wei is not laziness, Wu wei is effortless action or actionless action.
It is about knowing when effort is appropriate and when it's wasted.It is the same as going with the flow, not dragging your heels or trying to turn back the tide.
Old 25-12-2018, 07:42 PM
Knower
how do i actually tell in the moment of truth what is wu wei and what is not

Can deciding to meditate 2 minutes instead of 30 minutes be wu wei ?

at the moment of truth for instance feeling like if i do 30 minutes it would be too much ?

what about a case of eating chocolate 1 piece of a chocalte bar ? 10 pieces ? 1000 pieces ?

how can a person know exactly the point where it stops being wu wei ?
Old 25-12-2018, 10:34 PM
Master
I feel you think to much, just do it.
wax on wax off
Old 28-12-2018, 09:31 AM
Master
it seems to me that wu wei is about the path of non resistance and non-attachment. like a constant state of meditation maybe. needing nothing, so that would probably cancel out your chocolate conundrum lol and the wu wei answer is to have none hehe.. maybe, just maybe, wu wei is akin to 'why'? and maybe also an 'eh' lol.. ask why you desire to do something detrimental like eat a hundred chocolate bars and when your reasoning doesn't make enough sense, the answer is eh. so if another desire comes up, why eh it again and again til you have no more silly desires to bother yourself with, and then you're in wu wei deep breath.... wu wei, that's enough. what else could you possibly need? then if you decide to do something like eat, you could be more connected to your higherest self and freer to make a healthier better choice that makes more sense and isn't nonsense. hopefully all I've just written is not nonsense lol. maybe it is but maybe it's not. the concept of wu wei reminds me of this sadhguru guy my brother gave me a book about, which had a lot to do with becoming chill and releasing attachments I guess. which I had trouble understanding back then, especially about the lack of emotional reaction that they deemed desirable. and I'm still very emotional but probably get it a lot more now. also I'm reminded of the more popular common book & concept by Eckart Tolle The Power of Now

I really like your name water drop
Old 19-01-2019, 09:09 PM
Newbie ;)

Perfect understanding and explanation as I comprehend it.

Better not to read or try to learn anything about anything. Nothing to be learned anyway. Just let things be.