Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 10-10-2018, 08:19 AM
Master
No I wouldn't, and I think trying to persuade people to eat veg meals because they ''taste'' like meat is the wrong way to go. It's not taste that drives people to eat veg meals, it's environment and ethics. So good luck with them and the artificial meat but to me it's a glimpse into a possible future scenario whereas change is possible right now. Reducing the entire issue to ''taste'' misses the mark. This is just my opinion, if others are interested in such a thing then good for them..
Old 10-10-2018, 08:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
No I wouldn't, and I think trying to persuade people to eat veg meals because they ''taste'' like meat is the wrong way to go. It's not taste that drives people to eat veg meals, it's environment and ethics. So good luck with them and the artificial meat but to me it's a glimpse into a possible future scenario whereas change is possible right now. Reducing the entire issue to ''taste'' misses the mark. This is just my opinion, if others are interested in such a thing then good for them..

What would you say are the ethical issues of consuming lab grown meat? I would think it resolves a good many of them.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:45 AM
Master

Arhjan, to each their own. If you eat vegetable or tofu based substitutes more power to you. No judgement here. I eat very few processed foods at all whether they are meat based or not. Most have corn in them and I cannot have corn. The ones I do eat are very pure and have only basic ingredients.

Lol, Boca has been around since I was a kid, maybe longer.

Pagandell, got it! Thank you.

Altair, no persuading intended! I was just curious if the lab grown meat would be more appealing if ethical and environmental concerns were no longer an issue.

This is the Vegan/Vegetarian section and I am respectful of every one of you who are following this lifestyle. I am merely curious on your stand on this growing section of the food market.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:57 AM
Pathfinder

No. I have not eaten meat for 13 years and I do not miss it. :)
Old 10-10-2018, 11:58 AM
Pathfinder

Obviously I think this is much more humane option for meat eaters though.
Old 10-10-2018, 12:26 PM
Master
Linen, I wasn’t trying to imply you were doing so.. Just gave my thoughts about artificial meat
I just don’t believe in it, not for people that are or want to be vegetarian. They’re not concerned with taste, generally. I think for non-veg people that want to follow flexible diets with more veg meals it could be great.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:43 PM
Master

All is good Altair. We all have our preferences. Being celiac and also intolerant to corn limits my diet as it is.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
What would you say are the ethical issues of consuming lab grown meat? I would think it resolves a good many of them.

Yes this!

I'm curious as well about how this would feel to veg's on an ethical level since this removes a live animal from the equation.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 10-10-2018, 03:49 PM
Pathfinder

Only if Lab-Grown meat is cheaper to grow and the same quality.

This is not going to happen.
Old 10-10-2018, 08:47 PM
Master

dagmar it will happen eventually. But probably not until 2019 to 2021 most predict. They are talking helping world hunger with this method of growing 'food' (whole new take on gardening, huh?).

Lucky, that's why I started this thread in this section. I am treading softly because this is vegan and vegetarians space. And I am respectful of their lifestyle.